• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

tzare

2woacmh.jpg

a KOFXIII custom stick from a friend :)

arstal said:
KOFXII had crossover chars from Kizuna and Buriki One.

What could work: Samurai Shodown X Soul Calibur- set in a similar timeframe as well- both 18th century I think.

Or Fatal Fury vs Final Fight.

With SNK handdrawing and capcom rendering, SNK vs Capcom stuff would be harder to do.

Nope, Samurai Shodown is in the late 18th century and Soul Calibur is in the late 16th.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Fersis said:
Oh and XBLA KOF02UM delayed. I Dont care -___-

Delayed from an unset-summer release time frame to an unset-fall release time framel. Which is like a month away.

GIVE US A FUCKING RELEASE DATE ALREADY, SNK. :(

Sky Stage was pushed back too, but the PSP version is out anyway.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hopefully the delay is due to them wanting to get KOFXIII console out in a timely fashion, but SNK is pretty much an "it will be ready when it's ready" company.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:
Tomorrow's Arcadia:

124arcadia_cover_01.jpg

Oh, that art looks so cool. I wonder what kind of info they will show in Arcadia this time.

BTW, did someone notice in the HK PR video that Ryo disappears during his Super/DM before throwing his Fireball? Dunno if it's a glitch or not, but I thought it looked weird.

Also what did they do to Elizabeth nose in the Master Guide portrait? I don't recall it looking like that! :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, Betty's Master's Guide art is a bit weird. Maybe there was difficulty making her look right at that angle?

Arcadia cover is pretty nice, though. Feel like it's been so long since magazine covers looked like fresh handdrawn art, you see so many used and reused renders and such now...

On the Ryo DM, I think it was his Ranbu that made him disappear. A lot of odd things were off in that vid though (like Andy using his old DM animation) so I just chalked it up to "funny glitch".

The invincibility he would gain from totally disappearing would be pretty cool, though.

Anywho, Autumn on XBLA is gonna be expensive. Wonder how close together they'd plan to release Skystage and 2002UM? Right after Summer of Arcade, and then Shank and Scott Pilgrim... Maybe around the same time as Plants VS Zombies... at least there's no other big retail Fighters coming out soon.

Finaika

Guys, I think this game is doing pretty well here. Just came back from an arcade in Akihabara, and they have 8 arcade units (4 linked together) there, with a crowd watching. I feel happy for SNKP :D

Finaika said:
Guys, I think this game is doing pretty well here. Just came back from an arcade in Akihabara, and they have 8 arcade units (4 linked together) there, with a crowd watching. I feel happy for SNKP :D

Man it's good to hear stuff like that .
Really all SNK has to do for KOF 14 is add more chars and i would be happy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Finaika said:
:D

From what ive read lots of units in HK too.

MARRY ME ELISABETH!

gundamkyoukai said:
Man it's good to hear stuff like that .
Really all SNK has to do for KOF 14 is add more chars and i would be happy.
Already hyped for XIV ? DAYUM!

Sick Saiki art in the character section (His song is sweet)
39112_142586982435387_100000522597158_318412_4162919_n.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I think there's a chance KOFXIII could do well here if they don't screw up the port.

They don't need all the frills of Blazblue, just good netcode and accessible gameplay (KOF has always been the most accessible fighter to me)

arstal said:
I think there's a chance KOFXIII could do well here if they don't screw up the port.

They don't need all the frills of Blazblue, just good netcode and accessible gameplay (KOF has always been the most accessible fighter to me)

Your one first people i hear say that . Allot of people i know can't play KOF because of the jumps and gameplay .
They rather stick to SF with it's one jump .
SSF4 and BB are only time killers for me until KOF 13 comes out just hope they are fair amount of PS3 players on gaf .

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gundamkyoukai said:
Your one first people i hear say that . Allot of people i know can't play KOF because of the jumps and gameplay .
They rather stick to SF with it's one jump .
SSF4 and BB are only time killers for me until KOF 13 comes out just hope they are fair amount of PS3 players on gaf .

Which is funny cause I"m exact opposite. The jumps aren't as vital as you'd think, especially if you play a cautious gamestyle. Also the jumps are more timing, not hitting a ton of buttons. There are very few links in KOF, and no real long chaining.

You can win in KOF by poking people with the right characters. You'll bore people to death though.

arstal said:
Which is funny cause I"m exact opposite. The jumps aren't as vital as you'd think, especially if you play a cautious gamestyle. Also the jumps are more timing, not hitting a ton of buttons. There are very few links in KOF, and no real long chaining.

You can win in KOF by poking people with the right characters. You'll bore people to death though.

Jumps are vital for certain chars playing Kyo or Iori and not knowing how short jump hurts you gameplay.
If i play someone that only know how to do 1 jump it becomes easier to kill them because they can't punish certain button or moves.

Frankfurt

Banned
Grain of salt:

I spoke with a reliable source at Ignition Entertainment who confirmed the company is in the process of ironing out the final details with SNK/Playmore to bring KOF XIII to home consoles. Apparently, Ignition intended on having two Japanese arcade cabinets with XIII at their E3 booth, but due to a problem with shipping, they did not arrive on time. Talk about a major disappointment; I've been dying to play this game.

Another interesting bit of information is the new netcode SNK/Playmore is planning on using. The framework for the netcode is what is currently being used for NeoGeo Battle Coliseum on Xbox Live Arcade; at this point, the second revision of this code is being worked on. This is fantastic news because it means the online play will undoubtedly be better than the atrocious online from KOF XII.

http://www.nfamousgamers.com/column/zach-starr/king-fighters-xiii-news-and-combo-tutorials

Also, Ignition's long-term plan is to go download and social network games only:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/16/ignition-to-rebrand-focus-on-digital-and-social-games/

Frankfurt

Banned
Sapiens said:
Some idiot already posted this on NG.com.

It's shit information, mate.

I said "grain of salt"... "mate".

You should've mentioned how this was disproven, considering Mad Max (from Ignition) knew the bosses from KOF XIII before they were ever shown or announced and confirmed they had first look at XIII still.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gundamkyoukai said:
Jumps are vital for certain chars playing Kyo or Iori and not knowing how short jump hurts you gameplay.
If i play someone that only know how to do 1 jump it becomes easier to kill them because they can't punish certain button or moves.

Didn't play Kyo or Iori much. I usually played a ground game in KOF, or used Mai and run away all day and gimmick tricks.

hxa155

Eiji said:
Rather have this guy than Adel...

24xmi52.gif

absolutely agree to this

fighting game character shouldn't die, ever, and if they do, they must be replaced with a different character with the same moveset

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im not a psycho but i usually dream about KOF and some other fighting games.
Last night i dreamed with KOF XIII Adel.... it had a kickass new design.

--__--

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
There have been a couple of hint hints that Ignition is doing it, but nothing reliable.
(Play-asia messup+ an article posted on either this or last page I think saying Ignition was finalizing)

That said, if there is a port, it will be a while. I'll be shocked if this is out within a year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
luka said:
da fuck?

:lol

Tutti_i_personaggi.jpg

Because SNKP is old school enough to reference one of the most popular Manga of the 1970s! The Rose of Versailles!

TTOB, did you mean to link the Team Spooky Stream?

Edgeward said:
Soo good, the stages look so much lively than SF's. Glad to see the AI KoF vids are gonna be coming back, that should do just enough to keep me happy till it's truly out on consoles. :D

Aye, watching the game get play and attention helps ease the wait somewhat... The game is such a throwback, the idea of waiting some months before playing it seems like business as usual! :lol Only part missing is the "I'm going to go to the arcades every day, and play!" ability... blasted lack of arcades...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
shidoshi said:
Even though it would have made NO sense at all, they should have had Charlotte in the background of that art to magnify the connection.

:lol Since King and Charlotte have been the same Seiyuu FOREVER, they kinda do!
(I would have liked to see her there too, heh heh.)

Video Links Reposted for new page:
720P Direct Feed Fights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3pXC_6x9U&hd=1
AI 7/29 Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FA82012A5EB0111F

Info Repost:

No port news at all yet. Trust me, we'll be screaming it from the rooftops when it's known.

mollipen

SAB CA said:
:lol Since King and Charlotte have been the same Seiyuu FOREVER, they kinda do!
(I would have liked to see her there too, heh heh.)

Well, I mean in terms of why in the world Charlotte is alive and well in the KOF era. It'd just be a nice cameo since she's directly inspired by Rose.

Top Bottom