• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

BadWolf

Sanwa signs KOF player for Pro sponsorship

This makes M' the first major sponsored KOF player in Japan. Very interesting to see a company like Sanwa step up like that.

After Xiaohai's showing at SCR yesterday (amazing matches btw, Xiaohai's level of play was insane) I think we will have to look to Korea, Japan etc. for someone to take him down. ET from Taiwan is looking super solid as well. Misterio was amazing in XIII but we haven't seen him play XIV at all yet.

Iirc so far Xiaohai has won every KOFXIV tournament he has entered, both before and after the game's release.

Via reddit, character composition for top 8 at this SCR:

5 Benimarus
4 Roberts
4 Mais
3 Nakorurus
3 Ioris
2 Matures
1 K'
1 Yuri
1 Terry
1 Verse
1 Vice
1 Chin
1 Mian

Awesome, thanks!

Relique

Via Madman's cafe:

Looks like SNK has a new office building and created a Facebook page called SNK Recruit.
Looks like they really want to get back into business.

Don't think so.

This is good to hear. I hope KOF14 did well. I'll do my part and get the PS4 digital version once it's discounted a bit and pick up the steam edition whenever that comes around. Two physical copies are enough for my broke ass until then.

If they make another fighter I hope they focus on a smaller roster and just make a pretty flashy game to appear to the new crowds. Their turnaround time seems to be very fast so that's great.

This is good to hear. I hope KOF14 did well. I'll do my part and get the PS4 digital version once it's discounted a bit and pick up the steam edition whenever that comes around. Two physical copies are enough for my broke ass until then.

If they make another fighter I hope they focus on a smaller roster and just make a pretty flashy game to appear to the new crowds. Their turnaround time seems to be very fast so that's great.

I think they can do a new Fatal Fury game. It can't be a sequel to Mark of the Wolves if they want to reboot it. They can use the Fatal Fury characters they have now and upgrade the shit out of them graphically and moveset wise. A roster of 15-20 in a Fatal Fury game with those graphics, music, move lists, and overall SNK style can really revive that series. It might help if they sell it at 40-50 too. I'd be down at 60, but a more casual friendly price might help, especially if it's only 15-20 characters so they can avoid the Capcom feeling of being ripped off by SFV.

BadWolf

Sweet, if there's one thing SNK has been on point on it's timing. When they specify a time frame for releasing something, they mean it.

Nice, and interesting choice of picture - if that's Ryo stopping Mahamaha with his Kohoken, then I guess she's no longer going through projectiles like before.

Looks like Haohshokoken.

Did the patch notes ever get translated?

They are probably waiting for the patch to hit before releasing the notes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Legit hyped for this patch, i hope it's not just nerfs but also buffs to the weaker characters.

なお、今回はランクマッチ機能の変更など、各機能の使い勝手な部分も手を入れたので、みんなが気になるキャラ調整面も含め、概要ですが変更点をまとめた資料を用意してます。(合わせてWEBマニュアルも一部修正をかけています)
こちらももうしばらくお待ち頂ければと。
Which according to Google Translate means:
It should be noted, such as the time change of the rank-match function, because even put a hand usability part of each function, everyone, including the character adjustment surface to be worried about, is we have the documentation, but a summary of the changes summary. (Together WEB manual also multiplied by the correction part)
Here also if you can wait for a while

So... patch notes comming soon ?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ctz8QQmVIAAr6SH.jpg:orig
"Well, my Bird won't get nerfed! Yay Coco!"

Really excited to see the patch notes (hopefully soon), I hope they give and take away things, not just nerf nerf nerf. I wonder if we'll see any system-wide modifications (change in distance for cl.Normal activations, for example), or if everything will be character specific?

I hope no one gets nerfed entirely into disuse, really. It was kinda sad when Raiden and Elisabeth disappeared from XIII play almost entirely, after being so significant early on.

BadWolf

Crossing fingers for no Leona nerfs.

She's super solid, expect to see a lot more of her if the others are nerfed and she is left as is. The Koreans know what's up.

I hope no one gets nerfed entirely into disuse, really. It was kinda sad when Raiden and Elisabeth disappeared from XIII play almost entirely, after being so significant early on.

On the one hand yeah but on the other I want K' to get screwed over really bad.

But yeah, hopefully it's nerfs and buffs all around so that we see more of this glorious cast in active play, especially at tournaments.

BTW man, recently found out that Maxima does have a guard point option that activates on both highs and lows, his st. CD. Tested it against Chin's sweep (which has really low profile status) and the guard point works no prob.

Amedo310

lol. Leona has too many bugs not to be nerfed. Her f+B juggle nonsense will be affected in some way.

I expect some silly nerfs for most of the cast like least stun on normals that can quick-max into CD.

Manbig

Leave beni alone!

(would honestly like more consistent anti airs for characters in general though)

Weren't you there when Juicebox fought that one guy that beat him up pretty much only with well timed Beni jump D and far D? That shit was fucked up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Patch DLing as we speak!

On the one hand yeah but on the other I want K' to get screwed over really bad.

But yeah, hopefully it's nerfs and buffs all around so that we see more of this glorious cast in active play, especially at tournaments.

BTW man, recently found out that Maxima does have a guard point option that activates on both highs and lows, his st. CD. Tested it against Chin's sweep (which has really low profile status) and the guard point works no prob.

LoL, Yeah, I'm a bit more annoyed about watching K's smug self get damage opportunities that just seem...way strong, than I am by Nako. Guess it's just a personal Bias. It's like... "we know what he plays like in KoF!" at least Mamahaha and his tag along girl are new to the series!

Glad to see... JP notes out... *google translate time?*

And good stuff on MAKUSHIMA, hopefully he has even more now! (Only I wish this, lol.)

Amedo310

Huh? I'm messing with it now and always hitting her out of it. Meant as in the invuln on it is gone.

At meaty? 3 frame safe jump attacks are still missing her.

K's regular Slide into ein trigger only works during counter hit.

cr. B(x2), ein trigger, second shell is no longer possible mid screen.

I can't read Japanese, but according to that PDF, Chang has received a LOT of changes; 13 to be exact.

Xanadu got seven changes. I'll be eagerly awaiting the translations.

BadWolf

Tried Ryo quickly:

- Light fireball has better range
- Far standing HK hits crouchers now, even shorter characters like King!
- HCB+HK hits crouchers now, this would whiff against crouchers even in XIII. So he can combo cr.B, cr. A, HCB+HK now.

Hyun Sai

They nerfed the damage on Mai Super Kagerou No Mai.

No complaint, I always thought it did really too much anyway.

Some shortcuts are harder to do.

BadWolf

Just tested Joe, he has been fixed:

- Both the light and heavy Tiger Kicks have start up invincibility now. He only had it on EX Tiger Kick before.
- The command normals have been fixed. Back+LK not only combos better after a close normal but it forces the opponent to stand on hit if they are crouching so forward+LK is guaranteed.

Tried Sylvie and she can cancel her kick command normal into specials now. So she can do st. HP, fwd+LK, QCF+P.

BadWolf

Gotta say, this is a very beefy patch. A lot of nerfs and especially buffs.

They nerfed the crap out of K's slide kick. Very punishable on block and can't combo into Trigger.

Top Bottom