• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mexico and Brazil not playing KOF. What is this.

It's the matchamker thinking im on Norcal or sumethin' >_<

Luckilly SFV matchmaker works fine, it's pretty much the only FG i've been able to play online. Kudos to that guy in Korea doing the netcode lol

BadWolf

Dash Speed Tier List/Chart

It's the matchamker thinking in on Norcal or sumethin' >_<

Didn't Neo_G say that they will be addressing matchmaking in the October patch?

I'm having a blast playing in US and JP rooms, have pretty much zero issues finding people to play at any time of day or night in casual match.

EDIT: Mstptn on gamefaqs has started to personally put together frame data for the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/74359181

Vice and Hein worked on so far, Kensou coming soon and more after that:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10DL8Uye6xEezvmz7LKtCY0HCeRAtoBhO12TxowdXME8/edit?usp=sharing

Matches for me were pretty good tonight, only a few seconds of lag in play, and the rest was while I was spectating.

Last match was my Ryo vs the other player's Athena. One strong punch away from losing, I threw out Ryo's climax, immediately upset that she was about to jump out of the way, until she performed a mid-air DM....wish I could've saved that replay. Can't imagine how salty the other guy must've felt (if he's on GAF, apologies), but I feel kind of guilty and satisfied tonight.

Matches for me were pretty good tonight, only a few seconds of lag in play, and the rest was while I was spectating.

Last match was my Ryo vs the other player's Athena. One strong punch away from losing, I threw out Ryo's climax, immediately upset that she was about to jump out of the way, until she performed a mid-air DM....wish I could've saved that replay. Can't imagine how salty the other guy must've felt (if he's on GAF, apologies), but I feel kind of guilty and satisfied tonight.

Doesn't it get saved by default and you have to lock it in your history in order to keep it from being overwritten? It might still be there.

BadWolf

Kensou Frame Data, thanks to Mstptn

Thanks for this, started playing him yesterday and he's so fun. Will try some of those out.

Oh man, reminds me of this moment from XIII.

The game saves all your replays by default, look under Player Data on the main menu.

BadWolf

https://www.twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc

Juice is playing Romance right now

Thanks, he couldn't deal with Yuri's air fireball :(

Sweet, iirc the minimum the approval process can take is a week (which is about how long the first online patch took to get through).

Fingers crossed for next week.

Hopefully they release a video showing changes, or at least some patch notes.

Thanks, he couldn't deal with Yuri's air fireball :(

Sweet, iirc the minimum the approval process can take is a week (which is about how long the first online patch took to get through).

Fingers crossed for next week.

Hopefully they release a video showing changes, or at least some patch notes.

I got the patch notes. This is what the patch is

Nerf Nakoruru

That is all.

BadWolf

They also buffed K'

Tbh if any of the bad apples are left as is then just expect to see more of them if the others get nerfed.

If Nak and K' get hit hard (which they should be) and characters like Mai, Athena etc. are left as is then just expect to see a heck of a lot more of those instead. Mai is already the second most picked character behind K' iirc.

I'm hoping the nerfs and balances to the cast are such that we see a lot more of the cast in competitive play than we do now.

KOF-Resize.png

PLS BUFF XANADU

The only thing Xanadu needs is having his f+A hit on crouching opponents, and that his EX windmill punch causes a ground bounce on the final hit.

That's what I think he needs, anyhow.

He needs THE PLEASURE to be faster. I want to use it as a close grab, but that wind up is so slow. I WANT TO PLEASURE THE PEOPLE ONLINE with Xanadu. His grabs need more priority and running. Let's make Xanadu GREAT for once!

smik

The only thing Xanadu needs is having his f+A hit on crouching opponents, and that his EX windmill punch causes a ground bounce on the final hit.

He really needs that f+A buff on crouching characters, it limits alot of options for him

Xanada is one of my favourites

He needs THE PLEASURE to be faster. I want to use it as a close grab, but that wind up is so slow. I WANT TO PLEASURE THE PEOPLE ONLINE with Xanadu. His grabs need more priority and running. Let's make Xanadu GREAT for once!

Actually, now that you mention that, his THE PLEASURE should work like Maxima's grab: B version is a close range command throw, and the D version is a running bear grab.

Throw that on the pile.

BadWolf

Imo he also needs:

- Light version of his command grab is a 1 frame (or close to it) grab ala Maxima, Yuri etc.
- Make EX command grab have guard point on the first frame.

All the buffs need to go RIGHT HERE

CncfSBmWgAAa90g.jpg:orig

All of his power needs to be given to his PLEASURE. Make it a one frame grab with low and make it like a clark run with the hard one. Make people fear THE PLEASURE.

BadWolf

SoCal Regionals players list for XIV

Loaded with killers like Reynald, Romance, Xiao Hai, Poongko, ChrisKOF and more.

What's interesting is that Momochi seems to have signed up for XIV? Justin too.

And is that our very own Tripon on the list? Might as well put all our money on him, should be an easy win.

Tripon

SoCal Regionals players list for XIV

Loaded with killers like Reynald, Romance, Xiao Hai, Poongko, ChrisKOF and more.

What's interesting is that Momochi seems to have signed up for XIV? Justin too.

And is that our very own Tripon on the list? Might as well put all our money on him, should be an easy win.
Uh, I haven't played the game in two weeks and am working until 12pm Sat. I'll be lucky to make my pools, lol.

If I do make it, I'll think I will rock K', Mai and Yuri.

I don't particularly like Mai in this game, but she plays pretty familiar and I need all the help I can get, lol.

Tbh if any of the bad apples are left as is then just expect to see more of them if the others get nerfed.

If Nak and K' get hit hard (which they should be) and characters like Mai, Athena etc. are left as is then just expect to see a heck of a lot more of those instead. Mai is already the second most picked character behind K' iirc.

I'm hoping the nerfs and balances to the cast are such that we see a lot more of the cast in competitive play than we do now.
I doubt they wouldn't touch Athena, Mai, Leona, and Mature. I think it'll be one of those "everyone gains and loses something" types of patch.

Tripon

Mai has already been nerfed from the demo to release. I doubt they touch her again. Every game is going to have top tiers, it's part of making a fighting game.

BadWolf

Wednesday Night Fights - Top 3

Some really nice matches, Xiaohai is on another level.

I'd like to see him go against Korean players like Vash and Verna.

Uh, I haven't played the game in two weeks and am working until 12pm Sat. I'll be lucky to make my pools, lol.

If I do make it, I'll think I will rock K', Mai and Yuri.

I don't particularly like Mai in this game, but she plays pretty familiar and I need all the help I can get, lol.

You mean they will be lucky if you don't make your pools. I believe.

I doubt they wouldn't touch Athena, Mai, Leona, and Mature. I think it'll be one of those "everyone gains and loses something" types of patch.

Fingers crossed.

Mai has already been nerfed from the demo to release. I doubt they touch her again. Every game is going to have top tiers, it's part of making a fighting game.

But why not try to address the issue when they have the opportunity?

Having teams filled with the same character or two (like with K' and Mai right now) is never a good look, especially with a cast this big.

Xevren

Only thing kinda crazy to me as a Mai player is her proximity for close normals to come out, getting close C for her has to have the most generous spacing wise in the game as far as close normals go. Giving that to some other characters would surely help max mode confirms.

I expect this to be nerfs only when it comes strictly to balance changes, I'd be pleasantly surprised if that weren't the case but maybe they'll want to see whether the nerfs are enough to allow more characters to become viable again before they do anything else.

I don't expect it for this patch either but I do hope they do something about roll distance eventually. Regular rolls go as far as you'd expect a run roll to, and run roll goes even further.
If you roll from point blank with a regular roll it puts you at about 1-char distance, in far normal range no matter which button. It should leave you in range for at least one of your close hard normals.

EDIT: Oda follows Gunsmith, RIP in RIP

Sayad

Are Mature, Mai and Love Heart really the same tier as Kula, Banimaru and Terry?! From watching videos, they seem closer to what's her name from SS.

Are Mature, Mai and Love Heart really the same tier as Kula, Banimaru and Terry?! From watching videos, they seem closer to what's her name from SS.

K' could roughly be in the same ratio tier as Nakoruru. Mature, Mai and Love Heart less so, even though they are all quite good. It's just they don't rustle people's jimmies quite as bad as Nakoruru does.

Top Bottom