• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

usp84

Just a few more hours to go YES

The negatives mentioned are meaningless to me tbh.

Finally its here

varkuriru

Played about 10 minutes:

When I threw one of the barrels with the food, Trico could not reach it. I tried to moved it closer but thenTrico screamed in my face cause I got too closed

I found that funny :D

Anndrej

Neo Member
Gonna be a rad Christmas vacation staying inside from the Canadian winter playing this and FFXV.

This is my ideal setting. Freezing Canadian winter outside, toasty, comfy living room, bowls of snacks, a bowl and a nice craft beer. TLG and FFXV next to each other on the main menu.

I've never even been to Canada.

Dave_6

Still can't believe I'm reading the OT for this game, along with the fact that my copy will be here today. Loving the impressions so far!

Enzo_Ferrari

Neo Member
Played for a few hours....

Toriko is adorable. The boys animations are really great too. So much personality. But oh, god the camera is making me sick!

Yeah, the camera has made me sick too. I've got the worst headache now after only playing 40-50 mins. I think I need to lay down for a while. :(

UCBooties

I got home late last night to find my collector's edition waiting for me.

So far I'm totally in love with the look and the feel of it. It's amazing to me how present Trico feels in the world and how the game immediately goes about fostering an attachment while reinforcing that the creature is a wild animal and not just a mount to be commanded.

I like looking at the environment and guessing which paths might lead to something interesting.
Glowing blue butterflies let you know when you are near a barrel.

One complaint about trophies:
Apparently there is a trophy to listen to every hint the narrator gives and this is terrible because I want to figure stuff out for myself. Also, most of the hints only come if you wait around for a while. I want to keep exploring, not hang out to see if there is a hint before doing something.

Need a little help, the spot with the two colored glass facing each other...any idea what to do? I've been staring at this for an hour now lol

Probably should spoiler tag your answer if it's considered a 'puzzle'

Edit: figured it out right after I posted this. Derp

Turkoop

Banned
CzAGfK2WEAA4Tss.jpg
I cant believe this is really happening. I am so happy and- fuck I dont know what to say.

Wabba

Just so you guys know, since Sony unveiled The Last Guardian at E3 2009 there has been 8 Call of Duty games and 15 Assassins Creed games.

Thank Sony for believing in unique new IPs.

b0bbyJ03

Does Best Buy match the Amazon Prime price? The one that Amazon does for preorders and any game released in the last two weeks? I want to pick this up and not have to wait for delivery.

N30RYU

Just so you guys know, since Sony unveiled The Last Guardian at E3 2009 there has been 8 Call of Duty games and 15 Assassins Creed games.

Thank Sony for believing in unique new IPs.
this could be a great mesure for develop time... how many COD and Assassins Creed since the release of Persona 4 and we get Persona 5?

raven777

Quite early. I like everything so far except the camera. It is literally making me sick and I ususally only have this problem with first person view games.

Knuf

Just got an email saying that Game is currently packing up my steelbook: as Radiohead once sung, this is really happening!
I'm already certain I'm going to weep tears of joy the moment I'll start playing this game: can't wait!

clintar

I hope everyone that plays this game knows how to pronounce Trico.

It's Tree-ko

Not Try-ko

Understood? Great.
That's what I've assumed. When I heard the digital foundry video guy say try-ko I wondered it that was official...

Edit: I'm a member? Never noticed that before.

I'm going to post again to see if anyone knows. Does Ico and Shadow have lore connections to Last Guardian? Spoiler tag yes or no if you know the answer.

Shadow is my favorite world and lore of any game ever and I want to know if last guardian adds to the mystery!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm up and the first thing I checked is the UPS tracking for my CE. Scheduled to be here between 3-8 so most likely 8. So close I can almost feel it. Tonight is gonna be a magical night, no doubt.

Digging your early impressions btw, keep em coming! So glad a bunch of gaffers are enjoying their time with this.

BraXzy

My steelbook edition is being packed by GAME UK (shudder) right now. So hopefully it'll be on time for Friday!

I think I will buy this game. I was going to wait, but on the one hand, I really want to play it. On the other hand, I really want to reward Team Ico for persevering through what must have been some unholy years, and send them a personal note of thanks by buying the end product here and now.

Wait, that's the same hand. I think I will buy this game.

Tarrin

Amazon delivered my CE! Was not expecting it this early. Gotta go pick it up from the box. (building I'm in has a locker system).

I'm going to post again to see if anyone knows. Does Ico and Shadow have lore connections to Last Guardian? Spoiler tag yes or no if you know the answer.

Shadow is my favorite world and lore of any game ever and I want to know if last guardian adds to the mystery!

I haven't played the game yet (sadly). But in the latest version of the E3 demo you can see
Sotc lizards. So i'd say it is set in the same universe, probably even in the same continent.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great OT.

I came looking for some long speech written out by Y2Kev and leave satisfied lol

MrHoot

Geez, I'm usually not that afraid of heights in game but some moments in TLG are freaking nerve-wracking. Doesn't help that this spry little protagonist seems unsure on his feet sometimes, makes crossing these very narrow ledges over gaping pits seem all the more dangerous

Really wish you could turn button prompts and subtitles OFF!!

Its my only gripe about the game so far. And its so obvious they added both to try to be more inclusive of casuals and non gamers for this title. Also prompts and subtitles are HUGE like they need grandman to be able to read them.

But really in a perfect world this game would be like ICO where you get no english subtitles till your second playthrough. And button prompts should be off. Outside of maybe very early in the game.

Otherwise so far the game has surpassed my expectations. They really nailed the trico AI and animations. It really feels like a living creature.

MrHoot

Stuck on the first jar puzzle, damn.

I'm the only one having a lot of trouble with the puzzles?

I was stumped on one in particular yesterday but a friend was here (who usually hates puzzles) and helped me solve it =p

It's actually really surprising and cool how all puzzles are solved pretty organically, and when you find the correct pattern and execute it you feel really good. Cuz none of the elements (so far, for me at least) feel placed there delibaretely as a puzzle. More like this is part of an abandonned world and you just have the right tools...well a giant catbird, to get around it

silva1991

Really wish you could turn button prompts and subtitles OFF!!

Its my only gripe about the game so far. And its so obvious they added both to try to be more inclusive of casuals and non gamers for this title. Also prompts and subtitles are HUGE like they need grandman to be able to read them.

But really in a perfect world this game would be like ICO where you get no english subtitles till your second playthrough. And button prompts should be off. Outside of maybe very early in the game.

Otherwise so far the game has surpassed my expectations. They really nailed the trico AI and animations. It really feels like a living creature.

We seriously can't turn those off? that's dumb.

I've waited so long for this that I don't even care if I like it. It's a feeling that I've missed for a long time. Playing a new Ueda game.

I picked up my copy at lunch at my local gamestop as I couldn't rely on Amazon getting it here on time

Top Bottom