• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

The button prompts. I really wish you could turn those off. I looked everywhere in the menus at the start.
I'd liken it to Blood Money
cnQgD1m.jpg

Not really tutorial prompts

9/10

SotC remains my favorite game of all time.

Glad you enjoyed it. I probably won't be playing the game until Christmas Day, but it'll be interesting to see how it ranks in comparison to ICO and SotC. I really do expect to like it more.

yep.
It's encouraging to see Sony pushing this title.

Anyway, my CE is there. The figure is actually beautiful, but I wish Trico has a different pose rather than sleeping.

I want that box.

My collector's edition arrived from amazon this morning. I work tonight 3-9 at Best Buy, do I trade in my 500GB PS4 for $120 and pay the difference for the Pro?

I don't want my experience with this game ruined. I'm disgusted it has come to this and feel like they probably intentionally gimped the game, but whatever.

ArchAngel

Damn, as someone with a cat at home, this thing is a giant Evangelion with cat soul. 2h in and I love how Toriko has his own mind. And the surround sound in the first 15 minutes is just so damn good. BE AFRAID!

The only thing I don't like is when climbing to the head. The neck alwas turns me climbing upside down *lol*

btw. is it normal that the CE codes don't work yet (EU Collector's Edition)?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Is it better than ICO for you?
TBH no. I think TLG is great, it's my GOTY, and I've been waiting for it since before it was even announced. But it had some really annoying issues that affected my experience negatively.

wapplew

Played 3 hours for second session. Tech problem, fade away, control and camera, 100% adapted. Nothing stand between me and Trico and the world.
Get over the learning curve, everything clicks now. Trico and I 90% synchronized, now I don't want the game end...

Level design just sublime, platforming feel so good, Naughty Dogs should learn a thing or two. That's how you make climbing felt danger and rewarding.

Played 3 hours for second session. Tech problem, fade away, control and camera, 100% adapted. Nothing stand between me and Trico and the world.
Get over the learning curve, everything clicks now. Trico and I 90% synchronized, now I don't want the game end...

Level design just sublime, platforming feel so good, Naughty Dogs should learn a thing or two. That's how you make climbing felt danger and rewarding.
Pretty sure Nate's climbing and leaps were inspired by Ico. Replaying Ico earlier this year, the whole "wild leap, grab ledge, hand slips, dangle precariously" that Drake does constantly happens all the time in Ico. It helps sell the normal guy versus action hero vibe

Am I the only one who can't play it at all on the base PS4. The frame rate is really annoying the hell out of me.

I want to continue further but does it improve or gets worse?

Here is a video just as an example. Look at the camera, feels like slow motion mode. There was a part here where we go to stairs to call Trico and I was worried my PS4 is dying, because the game wasn't running well at all.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54j7vj_the-last-guardian-frame-rate_videogames

Another one here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54j7og_the-last-guardian-20161206205120_videogames

I swear the game was legitimately chugging at this point even if the scenery was peaceful. What gives? =/

Welp, I decided to not get the game when I learned of the technical issues, but upon hearing the Pro version is fine, I have bought the game :D (Easy Allies might have helped too)

Dope...

Very Dope...

SpecX

My LE still hasn't shipped from Amazon. I put this down back in June, the minute it went up. :(

Weird, mine already shipped and is out for delivery. Been on order with them since June 14th. Definitely going to put this up on the shelf and wait till I get a Pro so I can play it without any of the reported issues.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FYI, I had Best Buy match the Amazon Prime price so it is possible. $47.99 to be exact. Luckily I picked up the last copy they had.
Congrats on the luck! I had them price match the wrong item from walmart once accidentally and felt like I got away with a bank robbery lol.

About 5 hours in, game is sublime. No issues with controls, camera is wonky at times, visually and artistically gorgeous (at least on Pro). Trico is a marvel to interact with and to just watch behave in the environment. Constant button reminders are my biggest issue. Completely breaks immersion, and there should be an option to turn them off or at least stop showing them after the first hour or so, unless there are new mechanics. That aside, I'm greatly enjoying it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Amazon is sold out of their regular copies of this. Really odd for a new release.
Holy shit HOW? Did Sony only allocate 20,000 units to Amazon?
This is great though if the game is actually selling. Truly warms my heart.

MrHoot

How is technically for you OG PS4 players?

PRetty okay for me so far. Could be better of course but it hasn't impeded my enjoyment at all (Frankly the camera and some finicky stuff with climbing/jumping from certain angles is the more tricky part, way more than framerate)

Dave_6

Went home at lunch and got my CE off the porch, lol. The statue is pretty nice, nicer than I was expecting actually. Game is installed and patched, waiting for me to get off work and get home.

Glassboy

My collector's edition arrived from amazon this morning. I work tonight 3-9 at Best Buy, do I trade in my 500GB PS4 for $120 and pay the difference for the Pro?

I don't want my experience with this game ruined. I'm disgusted it has come to this and feel like they probably intentionally gimped the game, but whatever.
I doubt they would gimp the game to make people buy pros

holysan

Am I the only one who can't play it at all on the base PS4. The frame rate is really annoying the hell out of me.

I want to continue further but does it improve or gets worse?

Here is a video just as an example. Look at the camera, feels like slow motion mode. There was a part here where we go to stairs to call Trico and I was worried my PS4 is dying, because the game wasn't running well at all.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54j7vj_the-last-guardian-frame-rate_videogames

Another one here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54j7og_the-last-guardian-20161206205120_videogames

I swear the game was legitimately chugging at this point even if the scenery was peaceful. What gives? =/

lul

I also have a base PS4 and had fears after all the framerate news, but your vids look 100% playable to me. Can't wait.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Holy shit HOW? Did Sony only allocate 20,000 units to Amazon?
This is great though if the game is actually selling. Truly warms my heart.

They said pre orders had exceeded their expectations and that was like a week ago and its been high on Amazon's Best Seller list for a couple days now.

Can someone help me? I feel quite stupid. Very early in the game.
Trico is repeatedly sticking his head through a little opening, and there are ledges just above him if I climb on his head, which I think I'm obviously supposed to do, but I can't reach anything no matter how many jumps I attempt. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing with the shield here?

lul

I also have a base PS4 and had fears after all the framerate news, but your vids look 100% playable to me. Can't wait.
This is not even the worst part though. There are parts where we climb on Trico and do jumps.

But if you don't notice frame rate, then you might be okay.

Trico is repeatedly sticking his head through a little opening, and there are ledges just above him if I climb on his head, which I think I'm obviously supposed to do, but I can't reach anything no matter how many jumps I attempt. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing with the shield here?
Go up the stairs and then call him from there. He will hear your voice and do an awesome jump.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They said pre orders had exceeded their expectations and that was like a week ago and its been high on Amazon's Best Seller list for a couple days now.
This is music to my ears. I swear if this baby cracks 1 million+ over it's lifetime, I'd shed tears of joy. I just want more people to experience the beauty that is The Last Guardian.

Was stumped for a bit too.
Go upstairs

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Any comments on the CE?

Worth getting? How is the quality of the figure?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
At least December is pretty quiet for game releases.

How many copies does TLG need to sell anyway?

The other Ueda games aren't multi million sellers. I think Ico hit about a million over its life time, maybe not even and I believe SotC did something like 2 million and change over its life time. I forget if these numbers include the PS3 remaster.

Top Bottom