• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

KevinG

Sony has a history of undershipping first party titles and stock issues

It's one of the reasons Uncharted 4 got delayed, so they could print more

I guess I've never paid this much attention to the stock of a game post-release.

I remember the Uncharted 4 delay though. Seemed so silly.

iiicon

I could do without the narration. I've only played for 45 minutes so maybe it's not present after the introduction, but so far it's only served to make rather obvious matter-of-fact observations explicit. The same goes for the button prompts. Ultimately these are minor quibbles.

Apart from that, it's surreal that I'm even playing this. Ico and SotC are special games to me, like I assume they are to many who bought this game day one. They are absolutely my favourite games. TLG has existed for years as a possibility, often distant, and now it's here. I hope this game exists in the same continuum as the other Team Ico games, but for now I'm keeping my expectations in check, taking pleasure in the fact that I'm actually playing it.

I've caught myself talking to Trico a couple times already, haha. Good thing there's no one else around me.

Hoje0308

Banned
Keep going. Play at least an hour or two and give it a bit of time. The basic ones for jumping, picking up, etc hardly ever show up for me anymore.

Good to know. I'll take some time off and install the other games I bought today. Hopefully I've rid myself of this bad attitude by then.

By the way, you weren't kidding about the HDR implementation. Gorgeous.

I could do without the narration. I've only played for 45 minutes so maybe it's not present after the introduction, but so far it's only served to make rather obvious matter-of-fact observations explicit. The same goes for the button prompts. Ultimately these are minor quibbles.

Apart from that, it's surreal that I'm even playing this. Ico and SotC are special games to me, like I assume they are to many who bought this game day one. They are absolutely my favourite games. TLG has existed for years as a possibility, often distant, and now it's here. I hope this game exists in the same continuum as the other Team Ico games, but for now I'm keeping my expectations in check, taking pleasure in the fact that I'm actually playing it.

I've caught myself talking to Trico a couple times already, haha. Good thing there's no one else around me.

I found the inclusion of the narrative surprising seeing how sparse ICO/SOTC is with them.

Curious if it was put in for the wider audience or if it was something the team really wanted themselves

Good to know. I'll take some time off and install the other games I bought today. Hopefully I've rid myself of this bad attitude by then.

By the way, you weren't kidding about the HDR implementation. Gorgeous.

Yeah. I'm not defending it, that shit should be an easy toggle. But I hardly recall seeing it in my play this morning despite it being prominent last night. And I don't think it's because I just got used to it, they're definitely less frequent. A break sounds good, I've had to take one or two already from puzzle or camera frustrations lol so I feel you. Its a game that requires patience in every sense of the word so best to play when you're ready

And re: HDR, yeah it's crazy. I don't recall the moment but there was once where I literally squinted because something came through so bright

KodaRuss

Went home for lunch and opened my CE. Wow its awesome. Cant wait to play it tonight.

Statue looks great, I didnt get a lot of time to inspect it but it looks exactly like it should I believe. The boy has little slots in his feet that are inserted into Trico's head to make him stand.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yeah. I'm not defending it, that shit should be an easy toggle. But I hardly recall seeing it in my play this morning despite it being prominent last night. And I don't think it's because I just got used to it, they're definitely less frequent. A break sounds good, I've had to take one or two already from puzzle or camera frustrations lol so I feel you. Its a game that requires patience in every sense of the word so best to play when you're ready

And re: HDR, yeah it's crazy. I don't recall the moment but there was once where I literally squinted because something came through so bright

I hopped right back on, had a heartwarming moment with Trico, and now I'm good to go. At times the game can be frustrating, but it's almost immediately obvious that there's magic here. I always want to see the next area but I find myself lingering just to watch Trico and stop often to pet him/her.

silva1991

Played it for an hour. The controls are... fine? not sure what the fuzz all about. Camera is bad though.

I didn't like the FPS in the open area, so I think I'll just take my sister's Pro tomorrow.

Trico is so amazing.

DPtheGod

The Last Guardian holds a special place in my heart. I have a strong fondness of animals, animal companionship etc. and having it flourish in a game in such a fascinating way captivates me. I LOVED SotC, and even got my girlfriend to be a huge fan of it when we got together back in 2007. She fell in love with it, and fell in love with the early Last Guardian stuff revealed.

The game was supposed to be her birthday present in 2009 LOL

Finally, in 2016, it is hers! I secretly got her the CE, and myself the regular edition. It made me so happy to let her unbox it and fall in love with the Trico statue. Her birthday was early November so it's not too late. Neither of us were able to start the game yet, due to tiredness and lack of time, but both plan on diving into it. Cannot wait. This OT was great.

Played it for an hour. The controls are... fine? not sure what the fuzz all about. Camera is bad though.

I didn't like the FPS in the open area, so I think I'll just take my sister's Pro tomorrow.

Trico is so amazing.

Controls are more of an issue later when you need to do more precise platforming or trying to climb and navigate stuff including Trico

Just played my favorite physics puzzle in the game so far.

When you drag out the cart in the arena, and figure out you need to catapult yourself into the air, then you get to see Trico tentatively test it out before sending you flying through the air

Mush

z4gnkaLh.jpg

Just ordered the metal case edition. Gonna play this on my Slim. Couldn't really wait for a patch, this is the game I bought a Ps3 for. How screwed am I?

JerkShep

Taking a break just after the E3 2015 trailer area, how far am I? Despite some technical hiccups, the game is fucking fantastic. I'm probably done for the day, don't want to rush it too much.

It's a very very small spoiler
Some of the "gameplay" callbacks to the previous games warmed my heart, e.g. how the guards behave when you are taken, removing spears

Jim

Just played my favorite physics puzzle in the game so far.

When you drag out the cart in the arena, and figure out you need to catapult yourself into the air, then you get to see Trico tentatively test it out before sending you flying through the air

Did you also
launch the helmet up there to open up the passageway with the headless armor to get the optional barrel?

Uh, can someone give me a hint about a certain part of the game?
In the place where Toriko sits down and waits for you to get a barrel that's beyond a door with a giant mining cart holding it halfway open... I gave him the barrel, opened the door, got Toriko in... and it doesn't seem like I can do anything else. Help?

Uh, can someone give me a hint about a certain part of the game?
In the place where Toriko sits down and waits for you to get a barrel that's beyond a door with a giant mining cart holding it halfway open... I gave him the barrel, opened the door, got Toriko in... and it doesn't seem like I can do anything else. Help?
Go round the side, into the dark area

ChuckNyce

Tell me more about the statue guys, I have a premium version coming in the mail.

I've not had a chance to play the game yet but I'm digging the statue. Very nicely painted and detailed. I rarely buy Collector's Editions but the beautiful designs make for nice office/man cave displays haha.

31431806806_aedfdb53fa_b.jpg

30660626883_47f3df77d7_b.jpg

Agram

The game is arriving tomorrow but I won't have the time to play until this weeknd.
My college is killing me :(

Just one hour and half to be unlocked....c'mon...

I want to play for a bit, before going to bed. Gonna be so tired tomorrow, but I don't care lol

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Life post this game feels weird. I'm interested in a lot of upcoming games but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Top Bottom