• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Read the entire review. No spoilers and he says that the DLC mostly focuses on the strengths of the main game (exploration and character interaction) and that's why he liked it more as a result. Only one set piece where you
have to kill everyone in a room
that he disliked.

daveo42

Banned
So what are the consequences for Polygon for breaking the embargo?

Probably a strongly worded letter or something. I'm not thinking anything major is really going to happen because of this. It'd be different if Polygon was a much smaller site.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is weird if you ask me. Polygon gave TLOU 7.5/10, the second from lowest score this game got, ND are kind enough to give them an exclusive interview prior to Left Behind and then they're the only site to break the review embargo with a score of 8/10.

kazebyaka

Banned
I understand the sentiment, but I more read it as half of it is "non-combat".
so, it's looking around and talking. Why waste money, when you can watch it on youtube? It's even better, you don't have to do anything and you get all what DLC can offer for free.

daveo42

Banned
so, it's looking around and talking. Why waste money, when you can watch it on youtube? It's even better, you don't have to do anything and you get all what DLC can offer for free.

A good chunk of the original game was 'non-combat'. It doesn't have to be 2 straight hours of combat to be a good game. The downtime in TLoU fit in really well with the entire game. I'm sure this DLC will be no different.

Rented for two days and didn't have the MP pass.

MP might have a few lobbies going with the gathering of the the dlc buyers? :3

Probably more than you might think. I never had a problem with TLoU MP lobbies and always found a game to play, even recently. The MP was really fun too imo, and I'm not even a huge fan of MP components of predominantly SP games.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why play any game when you can watch it on youtube or twitch?

You could even hire someone to sit on your couch and eat your food while you watch them play games!

I'll do it for 5$ an hour like the WSJ wants me to do.

Endo Punk

Can't download it from the site or from the store, I have no idea how people in the EU/UK are able to preload the game. Anyway is it going up midnight for everyone or just NA?

Levyne

Banned
Its just weird. It's as if Polygon want to piss Sony off. If I was ND I'd be asking why they decided to score the DLC higher than the full game and why they decided to break the embargo. I say cut them loose.

Seems Kollar enjoyed having fewer instances (one) of (very mild gameplay spoiler)
kill everyone to proceed
, so a half notch higher isn't unexpected.

Its just weird. It's as if Polygon want to piss Sony off. If I was ND I'd be asking why they decided to score the DLC higher than the full game and why they decided to break the embargo. I say cut them loose.

Hmm... I'm someone that really disliked Kollar's review of TLOU, but with the criteria he used to review it this being slightly higher actually fits into his argument (I actually had a chance to read the review). The breaking the embargo thing is of course something to raise an eyebrow at (though most likely just some confusion, as Kollar himself already took the blame for it on Twitter.)

Personally I wouldn't have given them the interview, but I don't think the review score is trying to piss Sony off or anything like it.

Hubb

Can't download it from the site or from the store, I have no idea how people in the EU/UK are able to preload the game. Anyway is it going up midnight for everyone or just NA?

NA does not have preloading on ANY game (that I know of), no idea why the other territories get it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I'm in the camp that Kollar backed his full game score very solidly (even if I disagree personally) and based on what folks here have said he gave the DLC a higher score because it focused more on the full game's strengths. Makes sense to me.

You don't have to agree with a review for it to be a good review.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Hmm that's weird then, because this part

Code:
#t=30

of the link tells it to start at the 0:30 mark. (it does for me) Little known (and awesome) feature of YT, but just removing that should fix it!

That is weird because I've never been able to figure out how people do that lol. I just cut and pasted as usual. Nice to know though! Thanks.

I've removed it.

Melchiah

You should be very careful reading any reviews or looking at media as Neil said that there's a real possibility that something major is going to be spoiled for you.

That's why I don't read any reviews of story-based games anymore before playing them, the same goes for movies as well.

oatmeal

Banned
I wonder if they recorded new music.

TLOU had the best soundtrack of any game for me...and I'd love some more works.

Not going to watch the trailer. Going in fresh.

JABEE

Why are people mad at Polygon? Unless you write for another review outlet, you should be fine with this early information.

Top Bottom