• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Kuro

Original game: 20+ hours of gameplay, online mode, for $60 = $3 per hour (And I'm not even factoring in the online mode and all the other goodies)
DLC: ~2 hours of gameplay for $15 = $7,5 per hour

For the exact same type of gameplay.

It's like if you bought part 1 of a book for $10... and then when part 2 came out, then they suddenly asked for $25 for it, for no reason other than greed. How would you feel?

Its sad that you think of games like this. Do you think of relationships like this? What kind of woman would cost me less per dates in the long run? Do you think of any form of enjoyment in terms of dollars? "Part 1" was the whole Last of Us game for $60, you can get 2 hours of added story enjoyment for $15. Not a bad deal at all.

pupcoffee

Its sad that you think of games like this. Do you think of relationships like this? What kind of woman would cost me less per dates in the long run? Do you think of any form of enjoyment in terms of dollars? "Part 1" was the whole Last of Us game for $60, you can get 2 hours of added story enjoyment for $15. Not a bad deal at all.

That's a really awful metaphor. Last of Us isn't a human relationship, it's a product. His point stands (although it really speaks about DLC in general.)

Levyne

Banned
I preordered a digital code for Left Behind through Amazon, so I can't do anything until I see that from them. I guess it will show up under my past orders list? Unsure.

What the hell happened to this thread? This dollars per hour talk is ridiculous. People are acting like they took the easy way out and made a top down twin stick dlc. From what I see they made entirely new assets and didn't take some sort of easy way out with cutscenes like making them motion comics. Seems like they put as much effort into this as the original game. I can't wait to get some new last of us in a couple of days.

MazeHaze

Banned
Really stoked for this. Gonna have to go pick this game up, as I rented it when it first came out. 15 dollars for 2 hours is fine by me. I'm sure I can get much more out of it than that, and I'll be playing multiple times for trophies and whatnot.

I never in my life have seen a community centered around a very expensive hobby get more pissed off about 15 dollars though. That's a little less than two hours of work at a minimum wage job in America. For most of us I would say it's closer to an hour.

Hubb

Looks like you're right. I just installed it and it's not even appearing in the game. Bugger!

Just a couple more days! It works out for me, I thought this DLC was coming out in March for the longest time. I get Monday off work and TLoU DLC on Friday, solid weekend so far.

ZeroX03

Banned
European PSN w/ Season Pass here, isn't showing up in my download list. None of my Last of Us content shows up until I access it in-game, and there's no option for Left Behind yet. Supposedly comes active 7pm on the 14th New Zealand time (27~ hours).

Can you still buy the season pass so essentially get the DLC for $10?
How does this digital wizardry work?

Already bought on Amazon but should've thought of it before.

kurbaan

Banned
Really stoked for this. Gonna have to go pick this game up, as I rented it when it first came out. 15 dollars for 2 hours is fine by me. I'm sure I can get much more out of it than that, and I'll be playing multiple times for trophies and whatnot.

I never in my life have seen a community centered around a very expensive hobby get more pissed off about 15 dollars though. That's a little less than two hours of work at a minimum wage job in America. For most of us I would say it's closer to an hour.

realistically this is pure money. The game play, engine and pretty much everything was already done. Yeah they making a couple new levels and assets but really its pure gravy for ND.

Artex

Banned

I've paid for this game just by sitting on the shitter at work this week.

$15 for 2 hours of gameplay? Ahahahahahahah!!! ... Oh wait, they're serious... let me laugh even harder: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Not a chance in hell. Thank you, come again.

...is that you Elixir? Like, the RottenTomatoes General Video Game Discussion Elixir?

You post just like him.

European PSN w/ Season Pass here, isn't showing up in my download list. None of my Last of Us content shows up until I access it in-game, and there's no option for Left Behind yet. .

Same :(

And left behind dlc is not available in PSN store because ''you already own sason pass'' the fuck Sony..... Feels like being punished for buying season pass.

Steez

Same :(

And left behind dlc is not available in PSN store because ''you already own sason pass'' the fuck Sony..... Feels like being punished for buying season pass.

Ditto.

Is preloading UK exclusive or just available to people who bought the DLC without the season pass?

Withnail

realistically this is pure money. The game play, engine and pretty much everything was already done. Yeah they making a couple new levels and assets but really its pure gravy for ND.

Nonsense.

Writing, voice acting, performance capture, environment design, encounter design, asset creation, playtesting, etc etc + management + marketing + other general overheads all cost money. The engine is just a small part of game development.

d00d3n

If I remember correctly, GTA V PSN was out 00.01 in Europe on the official release day. Is this how ps3 titles are usually made available when there is a worldwide release on a single day? Are we in Europe likely to be able to play the game tonight past twelve o'clock? (I live in Sweden)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just a couple more days! It works out for me, I thought this DLC was coming out in March for the longest time. I get Monday off work and TLoU DLC on Friday, solid weekend so far.

How does it work exactly? It said it would download at midnight but my console is set to come on between 4am and 6am. Do I have to change that or does it turn on automatically via the internet? I'm assuming now that I have it installed, all it will do is activate it.

Hubb

How does it work exactly? It said it would download at midnight but my console is set to come on between 4am and 6am. Do I have to change that or does it turn on automatically via the internet? I'm assuming now that I have it installed, all it will do is activate it.

If you are talking about preloading I'm not 100% sure because to my knowledge SCEA/US PSN doesn't have preloading currently. I have my console set to come on and do automatic updates and upload my saves to the PSN+ servers. I'm not sure if you need to have PSN+ to do that or if that is just for the automatic sync'ing of your saves.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
If you are talking about preloading I'm not 100% sure because to my knowledge SCEA/US PSN doesn't have preloading currently. I have my console set to come on and do automatic updates and upload my saves to the PSN+ servers. I'm not sure if you need to have PSN+ to do that or if that is just for the automatic sync'ing of your saves.

I'll probably just turn it on manually at midnight anyway. I'm just a little confused what to look for. It's not in the games menu so I'm assuming some information is automatically passed through the internet that makes it appear in the game.

Hubb

I took this from the FAQ on the EU PSN website:

When will my pre-order begin downloading?
If auto-download is enabled, your pre-order will start downloading on the expected download date. If you have disabled auto-download, you will need to manually download your pre-order.

Does auto-download require my system to be switched on (green light)?
No. Auto-download will automatically switch your system on from Standby Mode (red light) and begin downloading your pre-order. So you are not disturbed while using your system, auto-download will not start if your system is already on (green light). Auto-download will commence the next time your system is switched to Standby Mode (red light)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I took this from the FAQ on the EU PSN website:

When will my pre-order begin downloading?
If auto-download is enabled, your pre-order will start downloading on the expected download date. If you have disabled auto-download, you will need to manually download your pre-order.

Does auto-download require my system to be switched on (green light)?
No. Auto-download will automatically switch your system on from Standby Mode (red light) and begin downloading your pre-order. So you are not disturbed while using your system, auto-download will not start if your system is already on (green light). Auto-download will commence the next time your system is switched to Standby Mode (red light)

But what if it's already installed? That's what I want to know. Will it download it again?!

kazebyaka

Banned
How long till 1 hour games for 60 bucks?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Late embargo, not a good sign.

/s..

Wrong.

9670a31bb1fbe27722c791f33ccfe551.png

kazebyaka

Banned
It will probably download a small "unlock" key and you'll be good to go. My guess anyway.

How have you escaped my ignore list for so long?

Game lengths should be addressed and criticized, otherwise there will be time when people accept 1-2 hour games for full price and will even defend it. 15 bucks for 2 hours of gameplay is bullshit.

Hubb

Game lengths should be addressed and criticized, otherwise there will be time when people accept 1-2 hour games for full price and will even defend it. 15 bucks for 2 hours of gameplay is bullshit.

Reducing something down to nothing but the amount of time you spend on it is pure bullshit. If I think the experience is worth 15 dollars, then to me, it isn't bullshit. People can spend up to 1000s of dollars to go to a 2 hour concert that I wouldn't go if I was paid too.

At the end of the day if people want to spend 60 dollars on a 1 hour game, they will. If you don't like this, don't buy it. But understand that I am not spending 15 dollars on this DLC because it is 2 hours long, or 10 hours long. I am spending the money because I think I will enjoy the experience. And 15 dollars is reasonable enough for me to buy it.

Melchiah

Has that really been confirmed as its length?

Top Bottom