• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

d00d3n

Has anyone in Europe downloaded the DLC and played it - using a European PSN account?

Yes, the game was "free" in the PSN store due to me having the season pass. Downloaded and installed. You also have to download an update for the main game. After that, left behind is started from the main game. It is not hidden in the dlc menu, but a very obvious choice in the first menu screen (impossible to miss).

Shin-Ra

Took me 3.5 hours first time through on Survivor, I was very thorough but still missed collectibles and conversations.

ibtZt5g8N9eHss.jpg

It's quite good. ;)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yes, the game was "free" in the PSN store due to me having the season pass. Downloaded and installed. You also have to download an update for the main game. After that, left behind is started from the main game. It is not hidden in the dlc menu, but a very obvious choice in the first menu screen (impossible to miss).
Even with it installed, selecting Left Behind simply goes directly to the Store menu.

The weird thing, I suppose, is that I'm using a German copy of the game (I live on the border) and had to download it using a German account rather than my usual US account. When logged in using the German account the store menu loads, but Left Behind is not available. When logged in using the US account I simply receive an error.

Not sure what to do. :\

d00d3n

Even with it installed, selecting Left Behind simply goes directly to the Store menu.

The weird thing, I suppose, is that I'm using a German copy of the game (I live on the border) and had to download it using a German account rather than my usual US account. When logged in using the German account the store menu loads, but Left Behind is not available. When logged in using the US account I simply receive an error.

Not sure what to do. :\

Ahhh, sorry to hear that it is not working. Might be some issues specific to the german version of the game. I was using a PSN copy of the main game btw. Downloaded both the game and the dlc with a Swedish PSN account.

vladdamad

WARNING: DO NOT READ THE REVIEW FROM CVG, IT CONTAINS PRETTY BIG SPOILERS.

I guess this kind of serves me right for reading reviews before playing this thing, but yeah, I'm guessing this is the thing one of the main surprises that Neil was talking about that wasn't in any of the pre-release footage.

For those of you that have finished the DLC, is the fact that
you play both in the present and the past
the only main surprise in Left Behind, or is there more to it than that?

Cloudy

Banned
This first area is definitely from the cutting room floor. Works great tho

Too bad I have to go to work now. :(

PS: I'm outta this thread till I finish it

WARNING: DO NOT READ THE REVIEW FROM CVG, IT CONTAINS PRETTY BIG SPOILERS.

I guess this kind of serves me right for reading reviews before playing this thing, but yeah, I'm guessing this is the thing one of the main surprises that Neil was talking about that wasn't in any of the pre-release footage.

For those of you that have finished the DLC, is the fact that
you play both in the present and the past
the only main surprise in the side-story, or is there more to it than that?
Nope. There's a much bigger twist in there. It'll make a lot of sense too.

I reall, really love how
this acts both as a prequel as we expected but also as an extension to the Fall chapter. When we were throwing around ideas for the dlc a lot of people felt that this would be a great idea since there was obviously a significant jump in time between Fall and Winter. So glad we get to experience that.

Really happy with this. Feels so good to get back to this game.

Wotanik

Banned
Let's put this here as well:

I knew why it is released on Valentine's Day! I just knew it! Ellie has a crush on Riley and they share a moment (that kiss was sweet!!!), then eventually their future together is doomed. That's why Ellie is so gutted in TLOU.

Pretty decent twist in the story. A bit too hollywoodish, but the ending makes it good. ND left the ending for our imagination. Good stuff.

9/10. I gave TLOU a solid 11/10, so this makes the whole experience 10/10. I raise my hat Naughty Gods, I bow to thee. You've made an experiece that will remain in our consciousness forever. Kudos!

Just finished, i dont see what the big twist was, or at least maybe i viewed it differently.

the whole kiss thing i thought was more of a confused moment where ellie was overjoyed her friend was staying. I didnt take it as conformation that shes gay, think it was more of a burst of confused emotion

If that wasnt the twist then ive missed something lol. Either way i really enjoyed it n think il play through the main game again now. Also i can finally read the comic i got for xmas without fear of ruining the dlc.

8bit

Knows the Score

Thanks for that, I bought the season pass and opened the game and was puzzled when I couldn't find the DLC.

TsuWave

finished the dlc, wow tears everywhere, i love this game so much

the characters just struck a chord with me

i want more :(

Morue

Can't wait to come back from work to download and play this tonight!!

Kinda off topic but now that Left Behind has been released, can we hope to finally see more of Uncharted PS4 any time soon?

Dibbz

Finished it. Feels so fucking good to play TLoU again. *Ending spoiler*
Thought it ended a bit prematurely since I expected to see how Riley died but nonetheless great bit of DLC.

Dat soundtrack, hits me right in the feels every time.

Strider

Trying to read impressions without spoiling anything.... Just tell me gaf, worth it or no?

I have a feeling I'm gonna be hooking back up the PS3 later today

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The Ellie chapters were my favorite in the main game and I'm really tempted to buy this but it seems a little overpriced for a 2 hour experience...

Just finished, i dont see what the big twist was, or at least maybe i viewed it differently.

We didn't know that
part of it also took place during the events of the main game, we were led to believe it was a prequel only.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Had some data streaming problems, don't set any downloads on your PS3 while you play, or you're going to have textures misloading, levels not showing up properly and audio files dropping in too late.

How's the difficulty?
Since there's more exploration than combat can I play it on survivor without much frustration?

There's one encounter that's a really frustrating piece of ass even on easy.
Fair warning.
The rest is a cakewalk.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Had some data streaming problems, don't set any downloads on your PS3 while you play, or you're going to have textures misloading, levels not showing up properly and audio files dropping in too late.

There's one encounter that's a really frustrating piece of ass even on easy.
Fair warning.
The rest is a cakewalk.

is that the encounter towards the end? That was pretty frustrating for me at least.

The one thing slightly annoying (only slightly) is you know there are collectables, and the early levels have quite a lot of seemingly open ends, so you are torn between exploring them all and just heading where you need to head.

I know it's a pretty simple feature, but I'm glad Naughty dog thought to add a tutorial pop up feature. It's been awhile since Iv played this game.

We didn't know that
part of it also took place during the events of the main game, we were led to believe it was a prequel only.

Ah ok i was on a media blackout for this so didnt no what to expect apart from riley. Probably lessend the impact of that element for me.

aly

So I have nothing to do this valentines day, but I also can't get this now. So, does anyone have their own personal review so far?

jacobeid

Banned
My order page for the pre-order of the dlc code says "available at 12 PM pst".

So that's like...5 hours...

I received an e-mail this morning letting me know that there's a problem with the codes provided by Sony and that they'll hopefully be resolved within 24 hours.

KissVibes

Banned

the whole kiss thing i thought was more of a confused moment where ellie was overjoyed her friend was staying. I didnt take it as conformation that shes gay, think it was more of a burst of confused emotion

If that wasnt the twist then ive missed something lol. Either way i really enjoyed it n think il play through the main game again now. Also i can finally read the comic i got for xmas without fear of ruining the dlc.

It was a date. They were on a date together to this mall. Both Riley and Ellie had feelings for each-other beyond friendship that were well on display.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It was a date. They were on a date together to this mall. Both Riley and Ellie had feelings for each-other beyond friendship that were well on display.

That's definitely how Riley saw it: "Can you remember the first time I brought you here?" and "At least let me walk you back home".

Top Bottom