• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

That feeling where you havent't played it yet and it's taking all your strength to not click on the spoiler bars. Eeek!

I look forward to re reading once I finish it tonight after work.

Sane_Man

Had my Friday night all planned out to play this.. now just realised my boss borrowed the game from me months ago and never returned it. AGHGH. Weekend ruined..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not far at all in this but I love the attention to detail.

Check Ellie's inventory.
Joke books, note from her mom, the toy she takes during the game, picture of Joel and his daughter. And during the Riley parts it's missing the things she wouldn't have here.

I hope this downloaded for me. I put download to ps3 from the app at 5am before work and my ps3 checks for updates at 6am. I get off of work in 90 minutes and I just want to jump into it.

kris.

Banned
unnnghhh my ps3 is dead and i can't play it

someone needs to upload a playthrough on youtube so i can at least see the story through

EDIT: loljk there already are some
thank you based god

DoomGyver

Shit I haven't used my ps3 for much of anything besides some movies ever since the ps4 came out. Updated firmware, updated store.

Give it to me now.

jett

D-Member
Just finished it, took bit more than two hours. It was pretty nice, it's not a revelation or anything but it's a nice TLOU side story of sorts. Most of it is really kind of an interactive story, only well done. Some cute and heartfelt moments, a "twist" here and there, a geniunely new combat situation that you didn't find in the main game. If you liked TLOU... you've probably already bought it. :p

I have like $7 on my PSN account right now. Is there any easy way to add like $10 worth of funds without putting my credit/debit card on the account?

Buy a $10 code from Amazon.

Just took a look at the trophy list for Left Behind and, like TLoU, they do a good job of putting in trophies that don't exactly spoil story elements in the descriptions.

I was really surprised to see the difficulty-based trophies still have all 4 levels including Survivor. From what I've read of some of the reviews,
combat is extremely sparse in this story
so I'm curious how Survivor translates to other parts of Left Behind.

Is there still a crafting component whereby Survivor still means 'you aint gonna find shit'?

Is Listening Mode in Left Behind? I assume SM would mean that it'll be disabled just like in TLoU.

Also, if you've beaten TLoU in Survivor already, is playing through Left Behind in SM an option from the get-go?

Still can't play it. Season pass is activated but Left Behind doesn't work or show up. :-/
Just to clarify, your german copy isn't the problem. I've bought the season pass on tuesday with my german account and own the usk retail copy of the game. Downloaded Left Behind via the PS3 store today and played through it.

Sorry you are having trouble with it :(

Phew... OK, where to start?

Regarding gameplay:

One thing that was missing from the main game but fortunately not here was encounters involving humans and infected. Making the infected attack the humans with a well placed bottle/brick was awesome.

Regarding story:

First of all, the jokes man, so awesome! Some of the are so friggin' dumb but hilarious at the same time.

And the fortune-telling skull, hilarious. "Will I ever grow boobs" lol

Then there's the part in the photo booth, such a cool moment.

Ending felt a bit sudden, I thought we would have to kill Riley. We didn't even see Ellie's reaction to the fact that she didn't turn. Only thing that kinda disappointed me.
The part were Ellie kissed Riley, it kinda surprised me that it happened but I was also kinda expecting it. In the photo booth when I saw the "love" option I actually thought that their relation was leaning more towards that.

All in all I absolutely loved it and it's filled with the kind of moments that you really don't expect to see in a AAA game. I guess the combination of this being a dlc plus their awareness of how much people like Ellie encouraged them to play around a bit.

It's really amazing how human and real these characters feel and how the game absorbs the player into that world.

There's some really god-tier concept art in the bonuses section btw.

I LOVED THIS DLC. : ) Best piece of dlc ever. : )
I enjoyed the parts with Ellie and Riley a lot, like the photobooth scene and the mortal kombat machine thing. I was SO glad, that ND didn't have any combat in this part of the past part of the game (besides the very end) and the combat was left for the winter section of the actual game. : D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In normal scavenging was pretty sparse for maybe half the game. Took me ages to get a health pack together. Picks up later on though.
seems to scale with likelihood of enemy encounters. Very few enemies early on

I found the
last major fight
pretty difficult even on normal. Used up all my stuff thinking
it was finishing, but it was only about half way through
really struggled after that.

There are also a couple of parts I wouldn't look forward to in survivor mode.
if they remove Listening Mode, the wandering clickers that 'patrol' would be quite tricky to sneak up on

I LOVED THIS DLC. : ) Best piece of dlc ever. : )
I enjoyed the parts with Ellie and Riley a lot, like the photobooth scene and the mortal kombat machine thing. I was SO glad, that ND didn't have any combat in this part of the past part of the game (besides the very end) and the combat was left for the winter section of the actual game. : D

Yeah, I was wondering how they would handle that and it was a great idea.
Not only was it a piece of story people wanted to see but going back and forth between the present and past allowed them to pace the game perfectly.
Otherwise it would've been either just walking around or constant action since Ellie's situation in the present wouldn't allow for any laid back moments.

In normal scavenging was pretty sparse for maybe half the game. Took me ages to get a health pack together. Picks up later on though.
seems to scale with likelihood of enemy encounters. Very few enemies early on

I found the
last major fight
pretty difficult even on normal. Used up all my stuff thinking
it was finishing, but it was only about half way through
really struggled after that.

There are also a couple of parts I wouldn't look forward to in survivor mode.
if they remove Listening Mode, the wandering clickers that 'patrol' would be quite tricky to sneak up on

Hm, I thought that there were too many resources even on hard. Enough bricks and bottles to go around, allowing you to keep your ammo. Like the main game it's at its best on survivor, I decided to do my first playthrough on hard to have another incentive to replay it but kinda regretted it.

Also, if you've beaten TLoU in Survivor already, is playing through Left Behind in SM an option from the get-go?

Yes.

Carl

Having the same problem someone was having earlier. When i select Left Behind in TLoU menu it takes me to a PS Store downloads bit. I already have it installed though

Did the other person solve the issue? :S

E: Turned it off and on again and it worked.

DLC for this is region locked/region specific folks. Just a reminder. Make sure you're buying the DLC using a PSN account that matches the region of your disc!

JawzPause

I think someone should make a spoiler thread.
Anyway, just completed it. Here's a few thoughts:
I really enjoyed it.
Gameplay was fun and the story was great.
Didn't expect the kiss from Ellie.
Ending was a bit anticlimactic, was expecting to see them actually get bit and then to see Riley turn infected. Really surprised they didn't include that.
All in all I still really enjoyed it, solid 8/10 from me.

I think someone should make a spoiler thread.
Anyway, just completed it. Here's a few thoughts:
I really enjoyed it.
Gameplay was fun and the story was great.
Didn't expect the kiss from Ellie.
Ending was a bit anticlimactic, was expecting to see them actually get bit and then to see Riley turn infected. Really surprised they didn't include that.
All in all I still really enjoyed it, solid 8/10 from me.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=769034

JTGreat

Just finished on Survivor. There was some real challenging moments throughout but on the whole not too bad. It reminded me how playing as Ellie feels way more intense than the majority of the main game, It's great having to approach combat a little differently.

Fantastic piece of DLC. The characters of TLoU are some of the best I've seen, honestly at this point I wouldn't mind if they just made another story with Joel and Ellie, even if I know it's probably not for the best..

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody else think that (for those who have completed it)
this DLC would go even better if you played the main game until Joel gets hurt and then resume after you've beaten it?

Caode

Anybody else think that (for those who have completed it)
this DLC would go even better if you played the main game until Joel gets hurt and then resume after you've beaten it?

I was thinking that myself but
I think it might interfere with the flow of the game a little at that point, I think The Last of Us was just about perfectly paced, this is nice to have as an extra.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just to clarify, your german copy isn't the problem. I've bought the season pass on tuesday with my german account and own the usk retail copy of the game. Downloaded Left Behind via the PS3 store today and played through it.

Sorry you are having trouble with it :(
Managed to fix it.

So, what happened was, I bought a German PSN card for 20 Euro yesterday. Wanted to buy it but, after clicking on Left Behind, the system took me straight to the purchase screen and allowed me to download it before paying anything. I didn't work, obviously.

So I went ahead and enter the 20 Euro code and bought the season pass, as I had planned, and it still didn't work.

What I had to do was login to the SEN website (German version), find the first transaction, and cancel the "pre-order". Normal pre-orders require you to pay before downloading but that did not happen here. Seems like a weird glitch.

Once I killed that pre-order Left Behind started working properly.

So on my 40gb ps3 I have the last of us on the hard drive and that's it. It's 26 gb and because of it PSN says i don't have enough space to download the DLC. help pls

The question I'm asking myself is; is it worth 15$+tx ?
From what I see the DLC is barely 2 hours...

From what I've seen of people posting completion times, it's more like 3+ if you take the time to 100% it.

Still, do you not enjoy the MP portion of TLoU at all? I'd say the $20 for the Season Pass with MP map pack DLC, Left Behind, and the documentary film is a bargain. If all you are interested in is Left Behind... then I'd say if you enjoyed TLoU then you should get this. If $15 is some sort of hardship for you, then wait and see if it goes on sale?

What the hell is the point of using the app or site to put games to download to your ps3 if it waits for you to do it yourself? Ugh I just wanted to start playing right away but now I have to download 5gb which might be an hour or two.

From what I've seen of people posting completion times, it's more like 3+ if you take the time to 100% it.

Still, do you not enjoy the MP portion of TLoU at all? I'd say the $20 for the Season Pass with MP map pack DLC, Left Behind, and the documentary film is a bargain. If all you are interested in is Left Behind... then I'd say if you enjoyed TLoU then you should get this. If $15 is some sort of hardship for you, then wait and see if it goes on sale?

Actually no, 15$ is really no big deal for me and yes I did enjoy the multiplayer... but is there a lot of people still playing the mp ?

TsuWave

So on my 40gb ps3 I have the last of us on the hard drive and that's it. It's 26 gb and because of it PSN says i don't have enough space to download the DLC. help pls

you need double the size of a download as available space in order to be able to download it and install it

if a game is 5gb you'll need 10gb free

seeing as your ps3 is 40gb and tlou is taking 26gb you should have around 14gb, you'd need 10gb in order to download the dlc, but i guess due to operating system and other hdd reservations you have less than 14gb

try to delete some apps if you have any

I totally called Ellie having a romantic relationship with Riley

Well he had one homosexual relationship in the main campaign, what's one more? Although Ellie & Riley are obviously experiencing a sort of puppy love since they are not exactly sexually mature. I was surprised and liked it. Although when the DLC was first announced, many people jokingly went, LESBIANS! Well, wish granted I guess.

Loved it though it could have used a more action, the first half is practically you walking. The story was fantastic, incredible story moments with a huge range of emotions. The action segments were extremely well done, especially the last one.

I always wanted infected with humans and finally we get it here. And it works as awesome as I dreamed it would. I could replay those sections a ton of times.

The mall past sections were so good, some of the funniest moments of the entire game. The mini games were really well done too. I was surprised at the kiss. I was hoping for a more concrete ending and wanted to be forced to kill Riley MGS3 style but I guess I am just cruel.

It just took way too long to get going which will make multiple playthroughs a chore.

I can't even fathom the humongous stress these guys at Naughty Dogs must feel with their next project. The fans are now at a point where they can't go back on quality.

This DLC, this game, the emotions man, it was such a ride. A ride I'll gladly do once more too.

Top Bottom