• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Experiencing this game on easy would've totally ruined it for me. What a snooze fest it must be.
Survivor is challenging but doable. Stealth is essential and resources are scarce.

Man, I only played the game on easy for the story.

How hard is survivor? I feel ashamed looking at my measly 2% trophy for TLOU.

I did the game on Hard and the DLC on survivor and honestly, there's only one part I found kind of hard and it was the part
where you had to go find some fuel.

I'm definitely gonna do the game on Survival one day too.

Endo Punk

I enjoyed Left behind more than the main game. If ND does do another TLOU I hope they just make a smaller download version like Left Behind.

Man Bruce and Neil's team has really put the preasure on Amy's team. I hope Sony lets UC4 cook as long as it needs to because ND needs to keep up this momentum.

Finished the DLC on Survivor in 3h 12m. I got stuck on one part (the part mentioned above by others) but I think that was because it's been awhile since I played TLOU. I also took my time and looked around.

Overall it was pretty good. Worth $15 (or $20 for the season pass)? Depends if you like TLOU. If you did, you will like this chapter. It was worth it for me and I'll be playing it again and going for the platinum trophy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That place was tricky because it doesn't matter if you look around, they just spawn the enemies in an enclosed area. Not great.

I mean the entire game. Multiplayer trophies seem brutal.

They take a bit of time but only really felt super grindy when I was trying to keep my survivor population up for unlocks. The MP is really fun though, imo, and if you find a loadout/role that you are comfortable playing in and stick to it, getting through both of those MP trophies will be a breeze.

Man, I only played the game on easy for the story.

How hard is survivor? I feel ashamed looking at my measly 2% trophy for TLOU.

Survivor is rough mainly due to resource scarcity. Expect to find next to nothing in drawers, etc.. and even shiv doors don't offer much. In truth, it's incredibly true to the world of TLoU imo. If you leaned on Listen Mode hard during your first playthrough, that will also not be an option here which makes encounters more tense. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Actually no, 15$ is really no big deal for me and yes I did enjoy the multiplayer... but is there a lot of people still playing the mp ?

I hadn't fired up MP in months until yesterday and there were plenty of people playing. I imagine a number of people picked up the Season Pass to blunt some of the $15 price of Left Behind, so you have a number of new people checking it out as well. Then you've got people like me that have 100% TLoU and are now back to play Left Behind, but also playing some more MP again because it's just a lot of fun. There's still another MP DLC that will come down the line as well; New maps are a given but it'd be great if the introduced an additional mode as well. We'll see.

Grisby

The
Halloween place was pretty funny
. Some good dialog going on.

I forgot how much I like TLOU. Still love Ellie's unbreakable knife. That and the one brick to rule them all.

Levyne

Banned
Waiting on Amazon still
LLShC.gif

I've always had listen mode turned off so going into the multiplayer where's it's a main feature is weird. I would not use it but everyone else is so that would be silly.

Artex

Banned
I've always had listen mode turned off so going into the multiplayer where's it's a main feature is weird. I would not use it but everyone else is so that would be silly.

It works fine in Multiplayer actually. I always played with it off in SP as well but in MP it actually adds a nice variable to your own strategy and how you use your perks.

168 multiplayer matches for trophies ;_;

Don't worry about the Trophies. I completed it on Hard and only got 8%. But to go back through just for trophy farming would cheapen the amazing unique experience I had. It's the same reason I've never played Journey again. Feels like once is enough, and maybe I'll return to it after a year or two.

kubus

Just finished it, I'm surprised it was so short.

Best DLC I've ever played, probably. The pacing was godlike.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone to read comic before playing though. Lots of nods to the comic, reading it will make the DLC even better.

TripOpt55

Oh man I loved this. I wasn't sure how they'd handle turning this particular story into a great DLC, but I figured Naughty Dog knew what they were doing and boy did they deliver. I loved how they handled both combat and non-combat portions. A must play. Spoilers incoming!

It starts with the revelation that it will cover both the prequel which I was expecting from what little I knew about the DLC AND the part between Fall and Winter in the main game. With it just being a prequel I really didn't know how they'd handle combat. I thought the quieter moments only worked in the full game as a respite between the intense combat, so the back and forth between the two different time periods worked perfectly.

There still wasn't a ton of combat, but I loved the three way battles and turning the infected against the hunters. Just a great addition to things.

And then the non-combat moments between Ellie and Riley were awesome. I loved all the little games and moments they experienced together. They did some surprisingly clever things with existing mechanics like the breaking windows on the cars and the water gun fight, but also new ideas like the video game and photo booth.

I also think where they left things at the end instead of letting you see Riley turn for instance was a good call.

Oh man
the kiss was so adorable, though it made me incredibly sad knowing how it would end :(

I really loved this. The length didn't bother me at all.

I think the platinum dream is done. No one but people that played a thousand games are left in the game.

My clan is not gonna last 84 matches since I keep losing.

Ricker

Kinda snowed in here today,not moving my car that I shovelled around for 1 hour to have someone pick my spot lol and I only use PSN cards on the PS3,so this will have to wait till tomorrow so I can grab one...can't wait though,glad to see the length is ok and that it's awesome like the main game.

anddo0

I just got up to the part with combat and I went from liking this to totally put off. It really does feel forced. I'll make my way through this. But the combat sections suck.

How many issues of the comic are there? Just four? And have they stopped? Any special all in one edition? Google search isn't helping and I'm about to head to the comic shop in just a few minutes (after I get an answer =P). Thanks.

taizuke

I think the platinum dream is done. No one but people that played a thousand games are left in the game.

As long as you don't fail the 100% risk population matches you're golden which means you could loose every single match except those and still get the mp trophies.

Haha you'll be fine, mate. I normally steer clear of most MP stuff because of that exact issue (OP veterans constantly steamrolling newbies) but I think the way loadout points are handled means that after you get a few points to distribute around, things really start to balance out. The OP bow that 1000-hour veteran is sporting? Big deal. Get yourself within range and lob a molotov at him. The gear that you can craft via toolboxes more than makes up for whatever gear your opponent has equipped themselves with.

The TLoU MP thread here on GAF [link] was really helpful with advice on keeping those survivors alive. Good people to play with as well!

Don't give up on that platinum dream :)

Top Bottom