• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Finished it a few hours ago. Naughty Dog are still top tier, probably the best piece of DLC I've played. Can't wait to see what they do with the PS4 and UC4. And I'm open to Last of Us 2 or a completely new IP from their TLOU team.

Danielsan

By the way. It has to be said. This game's visuals still blow my mind, even today. It puts most "next-gen" games released thus far to shame.

Whelp, after 2-3 hours of downloading this.....I try to install and about a third of the way into the install, it says a error occurred. Tried to install multiple times and same thing keeps happening. The solution to this error apparently, is to just redownload the file. So Now I gotta wait another 2-3 hours to download again...
Hopefully I get to play it today.

that would be nice

It works fine in Multiplayer actually. I always played with it off in SP as well but in MP it actually adds a nice variable to your own strategy and how you use your perks.

Oh I know it works fine in the multiplayer(the limited use is nice), I was just saying I had forgotten it was actually a feature because I didn't use it in any of my three playthroughs.

Persona7

Banned
You never played the game, but want to play the DLC? wat

I rented from redbox the day it came out and I got hit with that day one bug where the stats upload fucked up the saving system and if you exited the game then the save would corrupt. I lost interest and did not want to replay the part of the game so the amazon copy I received a few days later was never opened and has been sitting in a box with some of my other unplayed games about 300 miles away.

I recently watched a friend play through the game so I know everything that happens.

leng jai

Yeah I can't play this yet since I imported the game and making a US account and getting their credit is too much hassle.

How's the framerate in this?

Just save the easiest objectives e.g. healing teammates, marking enemies, etc... things you don't have to get up in opponents faces for, save those for the 100% population risk challenges. It'll be fine.

I failed the marking one on the 2nd week. I don't even get the chance to mark since they all die immediately, or I die immediately.

I just finished the DLC and found it just "OK". Good overall, though, towards the end the action was great. Also, and this is meant to be serious (regarding the DLC),
is Ellie considered a lesbian now? When she kissed Riley... They're like 13/14, right?
I see a lot of controversy over that scene.

Melchiah

Twitter :) There's a whole story told through twitter accounts you find through the game.

How exactly were they supposed to be found in the game? Just finished it, and saw nothing like that. I somehow managed to miss the easter egg relating to trophies though. =/

Carl

How exactly were they supposed to be found in the game? Just finished it, and saw nothing like that. I somehow managed to miss the easter egg relating to trophies though. =/

There are signs on the walls here and there in the shops saying to follow them on twitter.

Loved it loved it loved it... made me wants even more of Ellie and Joel.

TLOS 2 with these characters NEED to happen... we can't only get them in one game only and a DLC, they deserve more.

Melchiah

There are signs on the walls here and there in the shops saying to follow them on twitter.

Ah, I missed that. Is it worth looking into on Twitter, and where can I find them there?

On a side note, it took me 3h33min to finish it on normal, Pretty meaty DLC, as were my snacks; 0,56kg of home-made beef jerky. =) I enjoyed it, especially the atmosphere and story, but disliked some of the confrontations towards the end,
although putting clickers and hunters against each other was fun. I just didn't enjoy fighting against big groups of hunters that much.

robotrock

Banned
What was the thing Naughty Dog was afraid of being spoiled? SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
was it how the DLC isn't just a prequel?
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Just finished it. Took me about 3 hours. Awesome DLC, but a little overpriced.

Ellie imagining playing the Arcade was something else. Simply amazing!

Levyne

Banned
Amazon pls

5ZqvsHG.png

SlickVic

I found it pretty amusing, that I got five trophies from the DLC easily, whereas the main game granted me only three.

Beat the game on normal and got 4% trophy completion. Not that I mind, but I think it's pretty rare to have a game where you don't just get at least a third of the trophies just for
finishing it.

Have been downloading this all day and am still sitting under 50%. My PS3 takes forever to download anything, don't know why. My other consoles are so so so much faster, not sure if it is because the PS3 is another room or what but I would like to be playing this.

Beat the game on normal and got 4% trophy completion. Not that I mind, but I think it's pretty rare to have a game where you don't just get at least a third of the trophies just for finishing it.

I thought that was great actually and spoke to ND's desire to make the trophies about mainly collectibles and game completion rather than story progression and potentially spoiling things through trophy descriptions.

Melchiah

Have been downloading this all day and am still sitting under 50%. My PS3 takes forever to download anything, don't know why. My other consoles are so so so much faster, not sure if it is because the PS3 is another room or what but I would like to be playing this.

The Wi-Fi download speed was awful for me as well, somewhere around 100-200kbps. The DL speed on a wired connection has always been pretty fast though, but not as fast as the PS4's.

Fucking amazing. Bravo naughty dog. I really hope there is a tlou2. I love the characters so much. I also recommend survivor for the first run. Wasn't that difficult at all. Only died twice.

Afrocious

Man, I forgot how many downloads it took just to play a game...especially when on the PS3...on a game you haven't played in a bit.

I've been set back a whole hour on my stream, but it's good now. Check me out at www.twitch.tv/narable

Shameless plugs and all that, but it's up for anyone who hasn't bought the DLC or just wanna see it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I did the game on Hard and the DLC on survivor and honestly, there's only one part I found kind of hard and it was the part
where you had to go find some fuel.

Could use some help on that spoiler section myself. Playing on Survivor and I
have died three times so far. Just can't seem to get the enemies to lose aggro and let me stealth kill. Can only survive a single zombie attack with my knife and well...they just spawn and run at me. Am I missing a good hiding spot to break sight? I tried a few places but they don't let up.

Probably the best DLC I ever played. The way in ties into the main game is great, there's lots of variety, the character beats have no equal, there's a cool new addition to the gameplay, it switches effortlessly from funny to serious and from playful to dramatic, and the presentation is stellar. And yes, the way it integrates social media is really cool.

Naughty Dog is really something else. Can't wait to see what this team does next.

GQman2121

Banned
I found it pretty amusing, that I got five trophies from the DLC easily, whereas the main game granted me only three.

When I did the survivor+ run I had six trophies pop all at once during the credits. I like that they did about half the number of trophies that most games do, but the majority were silver and really had to be thought out.

ascii42

Just finished. Loved it. My shoulders were sore from being so tensed up
during the last big fight, particularly when I had to deal with the infected.

Last fight was intense. So little ammo and so many enemies.
You really gotta use the infected to your advantage this in DLC. I think the 3-way battles was the newest addition I liked the best.

Grisby

Finished it. A little short, but it was a fun ride. I had forgotten how good TLOU can look and how much fun/tense the combat can be. This game has the most satisfying kills outside of Gears.

The story was pretty good too. Naughty Dog continues to do extremely well in the medium. Although the ending-
In what sense? I found it anti-climatic just because
we already knew that Ellie wouldn't turn. I would've liked to have seen Riley's death, oh well.
Same. It kind of felt like they didn't know what to do exactly.

Cloudy

Banned
How do I beat the stalkers in
the 3rd area? I love playing as Ellie but damn she's weak lol

edit nm I remember I can melee these guys lol

I don't think I could be any more happy than I am after finishing this DLC. Makes me want to sit down and play the full game again.

It's something about the emotion Ellie carries. Not sure if it is Ashley Johnson's voice acting, the script, or a combination, but I genuinely get into a place where I start to think she is real at times. The banter throughout seemed perfect for girls their age.

Well worth it in my eyes.

BFIB

Downloaded and will be digging in in a few. Ellen page thread in the OT, first page better not be a spoiler or I'm gonna be pissed!

Top Bottom