• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

GRIP

I keep getting an Error during the install and I'm pretty sure I actually bought the damn thing twice. Says I need to download under the account I purchased the game on (I bought digital) which is what I'm doing, but it still won't install.

I don't think I could be any more happy than I am after finishing this DLC. Makes me want to sit down and play the full game again.

It's something about the emotion Ellie carries. Not sure if it is Ashley Johnson's voice acting, the script, or a combination, but I genuinely get into a place where I start to think she is real at times. The banter throughout seemed perfect for girls their age.

Well worth it in my eyes.

This. So much this. It's a combo of the writing and acting, for sure. The excellent touches here and there lend a ton of believability, too
the Facebook thing made me laugh. That's the best use of Facebook I've ever seen any game do, period.

Played a little less than an hour of it while my family was finishing dinner. My grandma came over during the opening cinematic, said the people looked funny, was told it was a video game, and had her mind blown. Twenty minutes later, she was watching me explore and said it was the stupidest thing she'd ever seen.

Interacting with the world is great so far. Haven't hit any combat yet, so I don't know about that. I was a little distracted while I was playing earlier, I think I might just start it from scratch again when I can give it my full attention.

Leeness

Omg, I cannot finish the
stalker room

I don't know if I got terrible at this game but this is making me frustrated lol. Over and over, no matter what, always caught.

DukeBobby

Omg, I cannot finish the
stalker room

I don't know if I got terrible at this game but this is making me frustrated lol. Over and over, no matter what, always caught.

A brick to the face, followed by a knife attack worked for me.

I tried using the pistol but failed miserably. God, my aiming sucked.

Leeness

A brick to the face, followed by a knife attack worked for me.

I tried using the pistol but failed miserably. God, my aiming sucked.

I've tried tailing them to sneak attack them and they always just randomly go OH THERE YOU ARE and spin around and chomp me. :/

I may stop for the night and play Bravely Default. Lol. It's making me mad enough that I just get worse and worse every go around.

aparisi2274

Omg, I cannot finish the
stalker room

Any room with a stalker or a clicker, I either tried to sneak up and knife them, or throw a nail bomb in the middle so it took out most of them.

aparisi2274

Here is my photo strip from the sharesnap

1939586_10152210474499378_2075521403_o.jpg

Flandy

^ you should just spoiler tag the last bit lol
I was only able to do it once, because after I did my strip, the machine broke, because I kept trying to get it to print.
I only printed one too. When it asked me to confirm at the end I pressed the retake button or whatever it was called

This was really great. Really worth the 15 dollars in my opinion. The acting felt really human, it felt genuine, everything felt genuine. Great music and sound design as well.

So I
just finished the sequence in which Riley and Ellie start dancing, and they kiss and all that jazz.

Without spoiling anything, how much more do I have to go, and is there another section with
Riley and Ellie?

So I
just finished the sequence in which Riley and Ellie start dancing, and they kiss and all that jazz.

Without spoiling anything, how much more do I have to go, and is there another section with
Riley and Ellie?
There's one more encounter and a final cutscene after that I believe.
Youre very close.

Danielsan

I think I might start the main game on survivor today. Can't stop thinking about The Last Of Us. I wish there was another game I could go to where the writing and performances (along with everything else) are that good.

Did anyone else have some video choppiness during the arcade cutscene? Kind of annoying. DLC was perfect besides that
No chopiness here.

sheaaaa

Does anyone have experience with cross-region DLC? I have an Asian PS3, with an Asian copy of TLoU, but with wallet credit on the US store. Will DLC from the US store work with my Asian copy?

Danielsan

Does anyone have experience with cross-region DLC? I have an Asian PS3, with an Asian copy of TLoU, but with wallet credit on the US store. Will DLC from the US store work with my Asian copy?
It will not. I found that out the hard way with Burnout Paradise.

TripOpt55

Could use some help on that spoiler section myself. Playing on Survivor and I
have died three times so far. Just can't seem to get the enemies to lose aggro and let me stealth kill. Can only survive a single zombie attack with my knife and well...they just spawn and run at me. Am I missing a good hiding spot to break sight? I tried a few places but they don't let up.

You are probably past here by now, but what I did was
There are four bricks in the area and four stalkers. Throw a brick at them to stun them and run up and stab them with the knife (from the front is fine when they are stunned). Go grab another brick and repeat. Good to know where the bricks are beforehand. Was able to make it through this section just now on Survivor without losing any health or using any ammo.

Well, I think this DLC perfectly matches with
Ellen Page's lesbian announcement

Yea... cover that spoiler better...

Absolutely loved it. But my gf told me I'm a raging Naughtydog fanboy, so I feel my opinion is invalid now.

Insanely beautiful in all aspects. Goddam. I feel so guilty for wanting a sequel now... it's just so damn good...

The scifi project will be awesome though.

The Goat

Amazing. Simply amazing. Naughty Dog continues to make pure magic.

The feels, man. Ugh.

Man, I wish I could just play this on PS4 already. Guess I'll hook my PS3 back up and get busy buying this. More Last of Us. I can't wait. Glad to hear the feels are there in full force.

jett

D-Member
Could use some help on that spoiler section myself. Playing on Survivor and I
have died three times so far. Just can't seem to get the enemies to lose aggro and let me stealth kill. Can only survive a single zombie attack with my knife and well...they just spawn and run at me. Am I missing a good hiding spot to break sight? I tried a few places but they don't let up.

Don't forget the ol' brick throw + knife rush combo.

Madridy

Guys, I have a PAL copy of the game (R2), but my main account is US (NTSC).

My question: Is the DLC region locked? I mean, will I be able to play the DLC if I buy it from the US store and play it with my EU version of the game?

Thanks.

Edit: NM, found out.

It is region locked. :(

deepbrown

Quick question - buying this today, but should I buy the Season Pass instead? It's only £4 more and I presume I get this and everything else. Question is, what is everything else that's already available and what's planned for the future? Is there anything single player or is it all going to be MP? Thanks in advance.

bombshell

Quick question - buying this today, but should I buy the Season Pass instead? It's only £4 more and I presume I get this and everything else. Question is, what is everything else that's already available and what's planned for the future? Is there anything single player or is it all going to be MP? Thanks in advance.

You get a MP map pack with four maps already released, a MP pack we don't know what is yet, some customization items for MP, a behind the scenes documentary and obviously you get Left Behind.

deepbrown

You get a MP map pack with four maps already released, a MP pack we don't know what is yet, some customization items for MP, a behind the scenes documentary and obviously you get Left Behind.

Thanks. Not too interested in the MP (sorry!) so maybe I should just buy Left Behind. Hm decisions decisions.

Here's my strip. Did it once with the love theme then I redid it with the cool theme with different poses
1013279_720134771343527_728299860_n.jpg
haha i got the same exact thing.

but yea, it was definately too short imo, and unlike the original game, it didnt have those scenes that felt like a punch in the face. but overall, the magic was still there

Top Bottom