• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

I would love a PS4 goty version with everything bundled. I want to give them my money again. I think I'm going to do another DLC playthrough again today since I missed a couple of trophies. So good.

How long is this?

I have a friend who was very disappointed in it because of how quickly it took him to get through and stated that it was not worth the price of entry.

iNvid02

How long is this?

I have a friend who was very disappointed in it because of how quickly it took him to get through and stated that it was not worth the price of entry.

about 2 hours, if you really dig in and explore everything on a higher difficulty you could probably stretch it to 3 hours

i finished it in 2hr 15min and thought it was worth it, despite its length its very densely packed

TsuWave

How long is this?

i finished in 3 hours and 15 minutes and only got two trophies left to pick up

its short but sweet, worth the money

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I never noticed frame drops in this, but I sure did in main game. It seemed like pretty much solid 30 throughout here.

Funny, because this felt a bit framey to me in a couple spots... but I don't really recall too many drops in vanilla.

Business

Just done with this. Fantastic. Took me almost 4 hours, truth to be told I repeated some of the encounters to mess with the infected and human AI.

All in all just wow at this beautiful piece of DLC. I was left all the credits reflecting on what just happened while the score played. Bravo ND.

vladdamad

Just to warn people, there is a thread going around in the OT section that contains pretty major spoilers for the DLC. I'm not going to mention the name of the thread because it would be too easy to put two and two together, but I would stay away until you finish it. It's too late for me unfortunately, really annoying considering I'll only have the chance to play it on Monday :/

In any case, I kinda saw the twist coming ever since
we saw the release date for the DLC. It couldn't have been a coincidence to release this thing on Valentine's Day
. At least I still don't know how the spoiler is going to play out, so at least I have that.

Could use some help on that spoiler section myself. Playing on Survivor and I
have died three times so far. Just can't seem to get the enemies to lose aggro and let me stealth kill. Can only survive a single zombie attack with my knife and well...they just spawn and run at me. Am I missing a good hiding spot to break sight? I tried a few places but they don't let up.
Try to
equip yourself with Bricks that you find on the ground. That way you can throw one to stun a ennemy and get a kill that way. Usually, some bullet will fall from them, and then you need to be careful to do headshots afterwards so you don't waste bullets. You can take a breather on the airducts, you can get on them from the pickup truck at the far end where the locked door is!

Just to warn people, there is a thread going around in the OT section that contains pretty major spoilers for the DLC. I'm not going to mention the name of the thread because it would be too easy to put two and two together, but I would stay away until you finish it. It's too late for me unfortunately, really annoying considering I'll only have the chance to play it on Monday :/

we saw the release date for the DLC. It couldn't have been a coincidence to release this thing on Valentine's Day
. At least I still don't know how the spoiler is going to play out, so at least I have that.

I just saw that myself.

Is it really that big a spoiler though? I don't mean from a personal perspective but in the wider context of the DLC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Try to
equip yourself with Bricks that you find on the ground. That way you can throw one to stun a ennemy and get a kill that way. Usually, some bullet will fall from them, and then you need to be careful to do headshots afterwards so you don't waste bullets. You can take a breather on the airducts, you can get on them from the pickup truck at the far end where the locked door is!

I thought you couldn't get
on the airducts
until you've got the power turned on and
gained access to the ladder
? That part had me stumped for ages,
standing on the pickup trying to get higher, when all I had to do was look behind me for the gas can
:p

vladdamad

I just saw that myself.

Is it really that big a spoiler though? I don't mean from a personal perspective but in the wider context of the DLC.

I'm not sure, that's the thing. Again, I haven't played it, but it's plausible that the writers wanted to have the whole story lead up towards that revelation, much like in (huge spoilers for very recent indie title)
------Gone Home------
. If that's the case, then I will be pretty disappointed. I hope it's not though

cameron

It took me about 4 hours over 3 sittings, trying to explore everything and stealth through encounters with no listen mode.

There's a ton of proximity-triggered dialogue. Easy to miss if you rush through certain areas.

Astral

Do you mind giving me the details of this? I wasn't planning on buying the DLC and I really wanna know what this is about.

conman

Is the framerate still shit?
I'm kind of curious too. The first game took me a good 3-4 hours just to get used to the sub-30 framerate. Since this is under 3 hours, I'm hoping the framerate won't be a distraction from what I'm sure is otherwise an incredible experience. A solid 30 would be wonderful.

The part where Riley helps Ellie use
her imagination to play the video game was awesome.
I remember her description of that from the main game too, nice touch.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, this was brilliant. Completed it on one setting. I really didn't want it to end.

ND probably has a carte blanche for their future endeavors.

vladdamad

Do you mind giving me the details of this? I wasn't planning on buying the DLC and I really wanna know what this is about.

SPOILERS FOR THE DLC:
there was a thread in the OT about Ellen Page coming out as a lesbian. Someone jokingly posted the promo image of Ellie and Riley from the DLC. At first I thought it was just a joke, but then people started complaining about it being a spoiler, so I what I gathered from that is that in the DLC it is revealed that Ellie is a lesbian.

Astral

SPOILERS FOR THE DLC:
there was a thread in the OT about Ellen Page coming out as a lesbian. Someone jokingly posted the promo image of Ellie and Riley from the DLC. At first I thought it was just a joke, but then people started complaining about it being a spoiler, so I what I gathered from that is that in the DLC it is revealed that Ellie is a lesbian.

Oh right you haven't played it. Someone who's played it tell me. I gots to know.

Conezays

So I just began downloading this and re-downloading Demon's Souls after just beating Dark Souls on PC, haha.

Looking forward to it, absolutely loved Last of Us though feel this will be fairly inconsequential.

I don't think that was the reason for the image of the DLC in that thread. At least, I assume it was because
Ellen Page got rather upset that ND were using her likeness in TLoU. That's my guess anyway, BUT that was before I had played the DLC which I have now done.

Maybe they were being double-smart with Ellen Page and the DLC, but I am thinking it was just Ellen Page.

FUCKING SPOILER ALERT
But the spoiler in the OT thread is that
is appears Ellie might be gay in The Last of Us. She looks at Ripley as if she likes her sexually, and they kiss at the end.

Oh right you haven't played it. Someone who's played it tell me. I gots to know.

She kisses Riley and there is an awkward sort of moment, where they just accept it happened, seems more like puppy love at that age given she is her only friend, rather than any confirmation of sexuality.

Took me about 3.5 hours to complete it 100%. That was a single Survival run through the game, then chapter select for the 2 items and few conversations I missed.

Damn. That's cute as fuck.

It was an odd moment, but you could see it coming.

Have to add my mini-review.

This DLC quickly presents a great contrast between two malls, before Joel and after Joel, and it is brilliant to watch. I like that they held back combat to just the Joel stages, and had some of the best, funny and charming moments for the Riley section.
Would have liked to see Ellie's reaction to Riley turning and not herself though, even though we get a hint at the full game ending.

9/10

She kisses Riley and there is an awkward sort of moment, where they just accept it happened, seems more like puppy love at that age given she is her only friend, rather than any confirmation of sexuality.

what more confirmation do you need. little girls don't just do that because they miss their friend

what more confirmation do you need. little girls don't just do that because they miss their friend

What a
Peck
, after they rekindle a friendship lost for weeks, which she labels as a best friend at the end. I am not discounting it, but you can't confirm it 100% either, I don't think there is a label you can put on her.

iNvid02

pretty much yeah, watched the spoilercast on IGN and it did sound like this would be the only single player content.

when asked about a potential PS4 release they said they would consider it if the audience is there, which it probably is/will be.

Meader

Has anybody else had problems with this DLC consistently crashing/switching off their PS3? I have an old 60GB model and it seems fine playing the main game but a couple of minutes into playing the new DLC it causes the console to switch off with a red flashing light after a couple of minutes of play.

Top Bottom