• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmm, so how would I go about purchasing this?

I have a European version of the game on disc but I use an American PSN account.

should be able to just make a European account to purchase the DLC (same country as your disc) - buy a prepaid card for the amount if you don't have a local credit card

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Great Treailer, but it should have been Game of the GENERATION trailer!

This truly is the best game ever made IMO, nothing comes close to its brilliance. Dev´s have been working hard for the lifetime of PS360 to build something like this. It would obviously be ND that ended that generation with the best and most visual impressive game across both platforms. Cant wait to see what they will bring to PS4!

I completely agree. This is the first game to fully realise the potential of video games.

nicolajNN

Nice OT

I'm so excited for this, yet I kind wonder if the DLC will resonate as well with me as the full game, it will take a lot, but ND can do it.

2 hours for 15 bucks is unacceptable.

How is it not? That comes out to about 60 dollars for an 8 hour game, and a lot of games cost 60 and are a lot shorter than 8 hours. So I think it's fair. Obviously I would rather it be longer, but I don't think the length is unacceptable (See MGV: GZ)

Estellise

$15 for 2 hours of Naughty Dog quality work? I'd say its worth it. I pre-ordered the DLC 2 weeks ago. And now I'm eagerly awaiting to play it.

Rainy Dog

Just bought the season pass from Amazon for £14.00 ready for this. Figured I might as well pay a few quid extra for the rest of the DLC as well.

Would still love to try the multiplayer as it looks right up my street even though I don't like trying to get into MP games late.

Would've preferred a GOTY PS4 remastered edition instead but might never materialise I suppose.

KorrZ

Can't wait for this. The base game is a masterpiece, and $15 is more than worth it to get to jump back into that world and see some of those characters again.

boeso

I wonder what the ratio of gunplay - fighting we'll get. I think it'd be pretty cool if we got a crossbow or similar, either way super hyped for this bad-girl.

Artex

Banned
The comics make it pretty clear that answer is no. Unless they pull some crazy twist thing in this DLC. Riley meets Marlene in the comics and neither of them know each other.

As far as combat goes.
Any killing of humans I imagine will be Riley's doing, but I don't expect much of it. I assume most of it will be luring people into traps or escaping. We will probably see Ellie with a bow, she did tell Joel at Bill's she was a good shot with one.
Ah yes, that is a good point too.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It took me 23 hours to finish TLOU on my first playthough and 13 hours on my second, so I'm expecting at least 3 hours out of this games, perhaps longer if I investigate every nook and cranny.

BBboy20

Get Left Behind for $15 or get Left Behind + MP DLC maps (and hats + masks!!) for $20. It's obvious why they priced this as is. Even then, Left Behind standalone for $15 sounds good if it's gonna be more TLoU but better-paced.
Yeah, the same Season Pass scheme Epic did for Gears 3 where, logically, RAAM's Shadow would be the only thing discounted (the most overpriced piece in the bunch). That was the last straw for me trusting the typical season pass.

Damn it, ND doing 2 hours too? I think RAAM's Shadow lasted an hour longer then this.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ugh. I just can't get hyped for this. I really loved TLOU but... eh. I think I'll pass.

Seanspeed

Banned
I want this, but man, no matter what the quality, $7.50 per hour for a game is probably more than I've ever spent in my life. The Last of Us was good and I'd like to see more, but I don't know if its *that* good.

Problem is, I don't plan on having my PS3 for a long time so I'm not sure I can just wait it out til its on sale.

$15..........jesus. :(

Literally counting the hours for this. The comics did a great job at introducing Riley, chemistry between the 2 characters will be awesome,
get those tissues ready.

Flandy

so i bought the seasons pass for this. how do i download the documentary? i dont see it in the psn store....

1. Download the Day 1 Bonuses from your download list
  2. Boot The Last of Us up
  3. Select the Downloadables section
  4. Download the documentary

The documentary will only appear if you download the day 1 bonus. It's about 3GB big and can not be downloaded in the background.

ghibli99

So looking forward to this. Just beat TLOU on Survivor+ last week, and the game just got better each time I played it... kept noticing subtle movements in the characters, details in the environments referenced later in the game, and the consistency and quality of the dialogue. I've managed to avoid most of the details about the DLC, so I hope that holds until Friday. :)

I believe you access it in game and not through the store.

Edit for youtube walkthough.

1. Download the Day 1 Bonuses from your download list
  2. Boot The Last of Us up
  3. Select the Downloadables section
  4. Download the documentary

The documentary will only appear if you download the day 1 bonus. It's about 3GB big and can not be downloaded in the background.

thanks for that guys!

hmmm i just bought the season pass today so not sure if im eligible, will check in a bit

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can't' believe it's finally arriving this week. 8 months it has been since TLOU released.

8bit

Knows the Score
Do any of you break down the cost vs. duration in other media?

Does one go to the cinema thinking it's 15 dollars for 104 minutes, that's enough for me but I'm not going to the 92 minutes movie until it's cheaper?

I've worked for 30 minutes, that's half a Batman graphic novel?

I find this an incredibly odd variable to base a purchasing decision on.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do any of you break down the cost vs. duration in other media?

Does one go to the cinema thinking it's 15 dollars for 104 minutes, that's enough for me but I'm not going to the 92 minutes movie until it's cheaper?

I've worked for 30 minutes, that's half a Batman graphic novel?

I find this an incredibly odd variable to base a purchasing decision on.
I don't know why its so odd to you. People are used to a certain 'value' in terms of what they get in a video game. This is different from person to person and there's always exceptions, but I have a hard time swallowing a $15 price tag for a 2 hour game in the same way that I would probably never pay $60 for an 8 hour game.

Other entertainment mediums work differently. People are used to paying a flat rate for a movie, whatever the length. That's the standard for movies and always has been.

The price complaints are weird, I wonder what world some of you live in.

The Last of Us DLC - £11.99

Now compare to another two hours of entertainment.

1 adult at the cinema - £9+ (add more for 3D)
New CD/iTunes album - £8-£10
Live concert for a band - £35+
Live standup comedy - £30+
Live football match for Premier team - £25+
Blu-Ray movie new release - £15
3x pints of beer in a pub - £10+

£12 for two hours of entertainment by one of the finest videogame developers in the world seems pretty good value to me.

£12 for two hours of entertainment by one of the finest videogame developers in the world seems pretty good value to me.

That's the way I view things, although I think your premiership ticket price is slightly wrong ;)

BUT I can also appreciate the way that Seanspeed views it too, I just don't take that view. Some people may see £12 as a lot to pay for what is pretty much an extra slice of a pizza they already paid £40 for and got 6 slices for that price.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I look at it as wages. 1hrs to earn the money for dlc (unless it is overtime then <30mins work).

Hmmm, should people really be focused on the price? I don't know, even the MGS GZ price tag doesn't seem that much bad. I mean, both Naughty Dog and Kojima productions will deliver an extremely high quality piece of entertainment,specially for fans of the series. The best thing people could do in this situation is fight with your wallet. Complaining about the price or anything like that doesn't make that much a difference.

When L4D2 was bein boycotted by fans of valve, in the launch day, a lot of people that said they wouldn't buy the game, in the end they bit the bullet and played on launch day. Gabe Newell even stated that this meant that even though people were mad at first, they saw the value of the game in the end.

Seanspeed

Banned

To you.

See, as a PC gamer, I can get quite a lot for that £12. Or I can just not pay £12 and still have plenty of other things to play.

I'm probably also not quite as enamored with Naughty Dog as you are.

BUT I can also appreciate the way that Seanspeed views it too, I just don't take that view. Some people may see £12 as a lot to pay for what is pretty much an extra slice of a pizza they already paid £40 for and got 6 slices for that price.
I didn't even pay £40 for that pizza. I paid £18. So now I have to decide whether I want to pay £12 for one more slice of that £18 pizza. ;)

Top Bottom