• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Smurf

Banned
I don't know why people are making the comparison to other media or activities. I'd look on it more that it's nearly the same price as Saints Row IV in the very same store or I could get Spelunky and Soul Calibur II HD Online for the same price.

I didn't even pay £40 for that pizza. I paid £18. So now I have to decide whether I want to pay £12 for one more slice of that £18 pizza. ;)

Haha fair enough, BUT then you could say that you're only paying £30 for a pizza and extra that should have cost £40 ;)

But yeah I can see your view on things.

Question for those who might know.

I originally purchased TLOU disc version with the season pass. I sold the game at some point. I recently bought the game again, but digitally.

Does the season pass carry over? I assume so, but just want to be sure.

AKyemeni

zgRZ8AN.png

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/433290205844365312

EDIT: beaten

Nice. Looking really forward to it. I'm thinking of getting the season pass for £15. I think it is better value rather than paying £12 just for the DLC. Would that make sense right? I've never bought a season pass before :$

Get the season pass because it comes with an awesome full length making of documentary that you access from the ingame menu.

bought the season pass.

how do i get the documentary?. in my download list i only see the "perks" for single player.

also, i will automatically able to download left behind or i have to do something on the 14.

thanks in advance.

You have to access it from the in game menus. Can't get it directly from PSN.

Some people eat inside their homes once in a while.

I can make $15 stretch too. A Ramen noodles with an egg, a tuna fish sandwich for lunch with an apple, and maybe some pasta with ragu sauce for dinner. However if you ever do anything that requires energy, like going outside or brave cold weather, or the gym, this is now where near enough calories or nutrients to sustain a healthy body.

This is pretty OT though, sorry.

It's the price of a DVD, which last about an hour and a half. I'd say just get the season pass, which includes all dlc, the wonderful documentary (full length movie) and the 2+ hours sp dlc. Pretty good value if you ask me, compared to season passes for BF4 and COD.

Hubb

Thanks for the heads up.
What's the spoiler policy for this thread? Will it become a spoiler thread after the DLC goes live or will we need to put spoilers behind
spoiler tags

Probably just spoiler tag it to be safe. Though I don't think I'll be on the internet at all on Thursday to avoid spoilers
I'm probably not being serious.

shwimpy

Watched the documentary last night after buying the Season Pass and it was really well done. Everyone poured a lot of heart and soul into this game and it delivered. Can't wait for this DLC and especially Neil's next project.

mreddie

According to Neil Druckmann said. "And we saw in almost every review, people said either it was just right or there was too much combat. We said, 'Oh, that's surprising.' So with this, we were like, 'Okay, let's go way past...'

There's a lower percentage of combat in the DLC than there was in the main game.

Oh boy...

Do I need the disc to play this DLC? Its not with me at the moment and wont be for a while. Sorry if the question has been answered already.

ZeroX03

Banned
Thinking of buying the Season Pass instead of just Left Behind, how's online? Still alive enough for the extras to be worth it?

Damnit, was hoping that wouldnt be the case. Now I have to avoid spoilers for god knows how long.

Not sure what your situation is but you could just rent/borrow a disc.

Anyone know when this DLC will be on the NA PSN store? I'm hoping 12am EST but you never know when stuff publishes on the store.

Really curious as to what the secret might be. Fans who followed the game pre-release will remember that Naughty Dog withheld
playable Ellie
from journalists, but now we're expecting a
switcharoo
I doubt it's the same secret.

Speculation: Although I don't think it's a very plausible theory, perhaps we see some kind of Marlene / Ellie's Mum flashback to contrast Riley and Ellie?

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's not such an outlandish theory considering the Joel and Sarah flashback at the beginning of The Last of Us.

I was under the assumption this would be out today with the regular EU store update :(

So damn hyped!

Thinking of buying the Season Pass instead of just Left Behind, how's online? Still alive enough for the extras to be worth it?

It's worth it for the area5 documentary alone. I've got the season pass yesterday and watched it - Amazing!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want to buy and play this, but I no longer have TLoU. It is on sale next week (£19.99), but I don't know if I can remain on media blackout that long. Why would Sony not reduce the price this week?

anyone know any good deals on the disc game close to £20?

I don't suppose anyone knows if I could buy the DLC on the US PSN store from Amazon and have it work with my UK copy of the game? I've never been sure about DLC region-locking.

I don't suppose anyone knows if I could buy the DLC on the US PSN store from Amazon and have it work with my UK copy of the game? I've never been sure about DLC region-locking.

Nope. Region locked, for sure. All Sony first-party titles I've come across (Uncharted 2 & 3 and now this) have been region locked DLC.

I got the game here in Taiwan, so I need to buy the DLC using my Taiwan PSN account...but I can play it while logged into my primary account (Canada).

Hell, even my saved data is tethered to my region 3 disc. I tried borrowing a buddies region 1 (US) disc and it wouldn't recognize my save files.

Nope. Region locked, for sure. All Sony first-party titles I've come across (Uncharted 2 & 3 and now this) have been region locked DLC.

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, that's a shame. Not to start the price argument again, but this costs $21.95 on the Australian PSN store and that's a little hard to swallow for me. I think I'll probably end up caving, though.

I might buy the season pass for €20 instead of just this for €15.

How big is the download for the rest of the season pass stuff (the documentary, the multiplayer DLC, etc.)? I know that this is 5gb, just wondering how much space I'll need in total.

Also, how does the documentary work (I have the game on disc). Do you access it through the XMB (as in, is it a standalone "game", per se)? Or is it from the main menu of the game itself (as in, regular "DLC")?

Thanks!

Radec

Question for those who might know.

I originally purchased TLOU disc version with the season pass. I sold the game at some point. I recently bought the game again, but digitally.

Does the season pass carry over? I assume so, but just want to be sure.

It is tied to your psn account. So yes.

Top Bottom