• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

raindoc

please add "SilverHawaiian" (GMT+1, /w mic). I need some assistance badly, the majority of random team mates makes me long for a real Cordyceps pandemic.

Irish

What happens when the metagame ends, does it just roll into a new one? You don't lose anything you've unlocked though right?

Yeah, you just start again basically. You keep all the gear you've unlocked, but the missions reset (a good thing for your clan).

Moobabe

A non listen mode playlist would be good.

I will also never understand the need for every single multiplayer game on the planet to have perks and weapons locked behind ranks and levelling up. CoD really has had a bad effect.

Counter Strike is the best competitive FPS ever made and doesn't have that shit.

A slow, tense multiplayer experience with no listen mode and no bullshit perks and I might carry on playing.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Multiplayer seems to be more fun than I thought it would be. There is one thing that frustrates the hell out of me though, and that's wave spawning. I killed the entire enemy team just a second before they got a new respawn wave, and they spawned relatively very close to where I was. I managed to take out two more of them, but then got molotov'd. Seeing as my team didn't have lives anymore, all parts they dropped were lost... Just give everybody a seperate respawn timer or something, because that pissed the hell out of me. And matchmaking seems be be treating me unfairly very often; The enemy team is all high-level friends, my team is three randoms that run around the map with no plan whatsoever, not even trying to craft something or stay together.

When everything works though, this multiplayer can be a hell of a lot of fun.

KAOz

Short bus special
I am so afraid my Hunter trophy will glitch out by the way.

I'm on week 8, day 3, I think. And my latest mission, was a malaria mission. A few weeks ago. If we put it this way: my mission stat is currently "Day 44/3". That shit is buggy.
Just praying I won't lose out on that trophy. I'm such a whore.

Also, really good games today guys! We kicked some ass at times.

Clott

I was on week 6 and a bunch of hunters killed my entire population. Do you guys always choose new missions to improve your training? The requirements are getting too high on the one i was focused on.

SSReborn

I would love a Smuggler mode where you have to transport something from one end of the map to the other whether it be AI, or just an item.

Alienous

I was on week 6 and a bunch of hunters killed my entire population. Do you guys always choose new missions to improve your training? The requirements are getting too high on the one i was focused on.

I initially done downs, but the requirements became crazy. Then I shifted to executions. When that became much higher, I switched to shiv's (generally get 3 for the third tier, and if you play Survivors you'll have multiple chances). Finally revives, playing Supply Raid and sticking to partners like glue.

I am so afraid my Hunter trophy will glitch out by the way.

I'm on week 8, day 3, I think. And my latest mission, was a malaria mission. A few weeks ago. If we put it this way: my mission stat is currently "Day 44/3". That shit is buggy.
Just praying I won't lose out on that trophy. I'm such a whore.

Also, really good games today guys! We kicked some ass at times.

Some really good matches, specially the last one in the lake side. In wich we turned out winning in a match with a very tough beginning.

Looking forward to play some more later today. I'm hooked as hell.

I preordered at Gamestop so I got the Survival Pack. I haven't finished single player so I haven't even booted up multiplayer yet, but how would you recommend spending my money/points whenever I do start it?

Bonus XP for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Extra in-game cash to start
Special customizable character items for multiplayer

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Happened to me because I chose a mission I couldn't do. It's pretty frustrating.

Yeah, it is!! The last few missions in week 12 were frustrating as hell. Sometimes you just forget about the actual match and run around trying to do the mission, especially when you get missions like 100% population risk. I went with down enemies, revival, heal people and gift people and didn't lose my clan once! Got my first star after week 12! :D Now to get my second star.

Btw, my PSN ID is FoxGirl, if any of you guys want to play together!

Yeah, it is!! The last few missions in week 12 were frustrating as hell. Sometimes you just forget about the actual match and run around trying to do the mission, especially when you get missions like 100% population risk. I went with down enemies, revival, heal people and gift people and didn't lose my clan once! Got my first star after week 12! :D Now to get my second star.

Btw, my PSN ID is FoxGirl, if any of you guys want to play together!

I'll add you when I get home.

If anyone is interested in playing today for a few hours today or later this evening, hit me up. I am going to play some here in about 30 minutes.

Looking to play some Survivor.

PSN ID is "Filth_Flannigan"

I have a microphone.

AngryMoth

Finally got round to playing some multiplayer. I really like the feel of it so far

Would be cool to play with some gaffers, although I don't have a mic if that's an issue. TomABrook if anyone wants to add me

Naar

I just wanted to vent. It's not specifically about The Last of Us as it happens in pretty much any online game, but it happened to me twice in a row in The Last of Us :\

I got the message that the host or that I disconnected twice in a row, which in a game like this means my whole clan got hungry and pretty much wiped. Also I was on day 1 of a mission in week 7 and now I am on day 3 with 0% completion of the mission (because even though I completed the requirements in the 2 previous days, I got "disconnected" so it reset, and I am pretty much guaranteed that my clan will be wiped and I have to start over -.-

Why can't games tell if I purposely left a game or not? ESPECIALLY if I get the message saying "host has left the game" Why should I get penalized for that???

WTF :\

andycapps

Anybody up for multiplayer? Haven't beaten the game yet but I need a break from single player. PSN is same as my username here.

waypoetic

Banned
What faction are we playing as? Hunters or Fireflies?

To be honest i don't really wanna play as
fireflies because of the sp story.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

AFAICT, it doesn't matter. Whatever you choose only affects the clan story you get, no one else sees it and you can still play with anyone else.

Starting to think I want to use skype the next time I play this game online. I don't know if it's the game or my headset, but voice chat is always SURPRISINGLY quiet.

Anyone else running into that?

KAOz

Short bus special

Join us later on you swedish motherfucker. Survivor all the way.

I am playing Hunter. But as stated, it doesnt matter.

I just wanted to vent. It's not specifically about The Last of Us as it happens in pretty much any online game, but it happened to me twice in a row in The Last of Us :\

I got the message that the host or that I disconnected twice in a row, which in a game like this means my whole clan got hungry and pretty much wiped. Also I was on day 1 of a mission in week 7 and now I am on day 3 with 0% completion of the mission (because even though I completed the requirements in the 2 previous days, I got "disconnected" so it reset, and I am pretty much guaranteed that my clan will be wiped and I have to start over -.-

Why can't games tell if I purposely left a game or not? ESPECIALLY if I get the message saying "host has left the game" Why should I get penalized for that???

WTF :\

This was probably 2/3 of the games I played yesterday, and this is after spending ages waiting for their shitty matchmaking to throw me into games with completely unbalanced ranks. Spent hours and only got to complete two matches.

If this is the kind of bullshit they expect us to pay for with next-gen PSN they can fuck off.

Starting to think I want to use skype the next time I play this game online. I don't know if it's the game or my headset, but voice chat is always SURPRISINGLY quiet.

Anyone else running into that?

Yeah I find it pretty quiet as well. I have a bit of a tough time hearing others.

Top Bottom