• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Flo_Evans

I think more important than your individual load out is the team makeup. It's really awesome when you have 2 medium range assault style guys teamed up with a support crafter/medic and a long range sniper.

The matches where we would spam smoke bombs on the other team then go shiv and 2x4 on their asses where pretty amazing.

I'm not sure if it was you but there was one game on checkpoint where me and another guy where pinned in a room. Threw smoke out so the guy decides to rush in, we were waiting on either side of the door and right as he came in we simultaneously hit him on the head with 2x4s.

So much fun. I think even better though was the few games we started falling behind, got serious and came back to win. Teamwork > all in this game.

Went thru this and randomly added some people, most from the pst.

PSN - Vault_13_Dweller
Pacific
Mic - Yes!

Looking for people who play early afternoon if possible.

Jumping on right now for a bit.

Inversive

So... I played this for a while today with some gaffers / decent randoms. I think we won every match, maybe lost one, but we had a good 10 win streak or something like that in supply raid. I unlocked the clan trophy and feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. Here are my thoughts:

The "vote map" 40 SECOND TIMER needs to die in a fire. What a waste of damn time. Just put the damn maps on rotation and save everyone 15-20 mins of their life each session.

The meta game is retarded and designed to punish people who actually care about it.

I don't like boosters and despise the wallhack. I abused the shit out of it all day. People who say it isn't OP either aren't good enough to exploit it or they're bullshitting, imo.

If they don't release a no booster mode / no Listen Mode... I will never play another second of this game. The core game is fun, but all the gamey bullshit the layered onto it is the opposite of fun. They need a purist mode, and it needs to be free.

I'm done with it otherwise.

My KD is 2.8 or so and i barely use listen mode, it's really not very OP tbh.

RyanDG

Feel free to add me to the list of people looking to play with Gaffers when possible...

PSN RyanDG82
Timezone (Late Eastern (after 9:30 most nights)
Mic - Yes

arab

i have two builds: mid range medic and pistol only crafter/human radar/shiv machine. i love this fucking game

PSN: gonadz_strife

some damn good games dark_prinny. especially the ones where we were the last ones left. i think i carried the same armor through a set of matches at one point.my ps3 locked up on me but i may be back later.

So, what are your stats like, guys?

Survivor

Parts/min 258.3
Best Game 6980
Time Played 4h 57m
Executions 80
Deaths 78
K/D 1.03

Supply Raid

Parts/min 297.6
Best Game 4395
Time Played 7h 30m
Executions 270
Deaths 153
K/D 1.76

Exactly as it says, it's a mode for non-parties.

I sincerely am worried that this will split an already small population even further, but I understand the need for it.

I just really want an objective mode more than anything else.

Alienous

Supply Raid. The final four of us remain, against the enemy team. The final day.

I needed one revive to ensure that only 60% of my population got killed. Otherwise, all of them would die a day before extraction. I run towards my allies, but they are gun down as soon as I can see them. All expect one.

He gets shot. I run after him, and I'm just able to revive him. We both die, but I managed to save my people.

Damn, I'm not sure if I can invest in the minigame anymore. It's extremely stressful.

Exactly as it says, it's a mode for non-parties.

I sincerely am worried that this will split an already small population even further, but I understand the need for it.

I just really want an objective mode more than anything else.

oh wtf! should be doing balancing/tweaking not splitting the players.

maomaoIYP

So, what are your stats like, guys?

Supply Raid

Parts/min 297.6
Best Game 4395
Time Played 7h 30m
Executions 270
Deaths 153
K/D 1.76
Max pop 119
17 weeks survived.

Supply Raid

Parts/min 315.7
Best game 5290
Time played 22h 19m
Executions 990
Deaths 442
K/D 2.24

I'm hovering around a pop of 100, I need to score minimum 4K+ to keep them alive every game. It's only possible if I use collector 2 and play with incompetent team members.

Anyone else having issues of just randomly being dropped from a game? It messes with my survivor stats and it has happened to me about 3-4 times.

oh wtf! should be doing balancing/tweaking not splitting the players.

I think if anything, they should have just ONE Mercenary playlist that alternates map voting between a Survivor and Supply Raid option

Four playlists in total should be perfect: Supply Raid, Survivor, Mercenary, and an Objective Mode of some kind + Co-op DLC.

I wish ND would show us the online population for this game. Cant believe they didn't advertise the MP, it's really good!

I think if anything, they should have just ONE Mercenary playlist that alternates map voting between a Survivor and Supply Raid option

Four playlists in total should be perfect: Supply Raid, Survivor, Mercenary, and an Objective Mode of some kind + Co-op DLC.

I wish ND would show us the online population for this game. Cant believe they didn't advertise the MP, it's really good!

i'd love it if that was what we got. i think a lot of people expected co-op to be mp, but we didn't get it at all which is weird.

i'm loving the mp. it took me a while to get into marking people but now i'm marking fools like crazy. it's great that i'm getting something for doing it but i really just love the feeling of ruining the opponents spot.

ND adding TWO mercenary modes?? A bit excessive if you may.. They should add at least a objective based survivor mode with different objectives each round.

Dreamer RD

Anyone else having issues of just randomly being dropped from a game? It messes with my survivor stats and it has happened to me about 3-4 times.

Yeah. Was kicked from session on the last wave (that's 2 or 3 time already).
"Lost connection to the host"
Who the fuck is host?

Gave this my first attempt today, enjoying the multi a lot. Glad it's a lot more tactical and people seem to work together more (even without headsets) than compared to other online shooters.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gaf you gotta get your best crew together and give it a go against our crew. We have yet to lose a single round with the 4 of us, just DESTROYING people :p.

I really hope they introduce a Uncharted type mode. No showing up on radar, Infinite Sprint, More Bullets, Higher Damage

Make it non-canon and call it a day

Alienous

Gaf you gotta get your best crew together and give it a go against our crew. We have yet to lose a single round with the 4 of us, just DESTROYING people :p.

That sounds like a challenge .. oh, it is a challenge.

I'm currently trying to perfect the art of getting headshots all of the time. I'm sure there are people willing to accept your offer. Not me though. Haven't lost a single round? Yeah, I don't want to mess with that.

Dreamer RD

I've lost connections for party members losing their online. Very annoying and unfair that it boots everyone out in a party if one of your friends loses connection

And if there are no friends in the party? When they leave, they just leave (*USERNAME* leaves the game) without ruining the whole session. Host shit is different.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That sounds like a challenge .. oh, it is a challenge.

I'm currently trying to perfect the art of getting headshots all of the time. I'm sure there are people willing to accept your offer. Not me though. Haven't lost a single round? Yeah, I don't want to mess with that.

Sorry meant to say match... or round... or game. We've lost individual round, but never lost a whole match :). Would love the challenge though.

I wish there was something in the multiplayer that introduced zombies a little bit. Maybe every once in a while, a runner/clicker/bloater would wander into the map and could be alerted. They could make it rare enough and with no notification so that it's a bit of a surprise when it happens.

I wish there was something in the multiplayer that introduced zombies a little bit. Maybe every once in a while, a runner/clicker/bloater would wander into the map and could be alerted. They could make it rare enough and with no notification so that it's a bit of a surprise when it happens.

I'd like this, dynamic zombies. Everyone choose to work together or continue fighting while facing them. Out of nowhere 5 runners show up and all havoc breaks loose. Do I shoot my enemy as he is taking out a zombie? Shoting in that direction, will it make the zombie peruse me, giving my opponent the upper hand. I'd make for some interesting matches.

zert

Ok I'm in. I'm starting my 3rd journey.

Gaf Username: zert
PSN ID: mzertu
Timezone: Central
Mic/No Mic: no :(

I usually play at nights. I know it will be great to play with gaffers

Explain.

I've lost connections for party members losing their online. Very annoying and unfair that it boots everyone out in a party if one of your friends loses connection

hmm not for me, I was playing with my brother and he was still playing after I was booted.

When a team starts winning it REALLY starts winning. Armor, upgraded weapons, access to most of the supply spawns on the map. It can piss quite a few people off.

Eh... if anything, I don't know why armour gets more expensive the more you buy it. That seems to contribute to lopsidedness. But I do think that if a tam REALLY starts to win, it's because they simply outplay. A losing team has to think more defensively, especially with bomb traps, and loadouts. Before the in-game currency system, the loadouts are what can really shape the game.

No thanks. The MP is very competitive and intense as is. All the focus is on constantly eyeing out the enemy and staying on your toes. Maps are small enough that any action, be it executions, shooting, marking, etc. need to be in haste and in rapid succession. Clickers would ruin that.

The MP, contained in itself, is very competitive.

A co-op mode is a missed opportunity, but clickers should definitely not be shoehorned into the competitive nature of the game.

Maddocks

what is a good set up to gain the most survivors?...i max out around 90, then get raided and even with mission maxed i still lose 20 people.

I think I'm done with the MP in this game. I keep trying it , and I keep getting matched up against really high-rank players and just getting dominated. It's not any fun to lose constantly, and I'm not getting enough parts or supplies to keep my faction alive.

Why did they design the matchmaking so horribly?

I think I'm done with the MP in this game. I keep trying it , and I keep getting matched up against really high-rank players and just getting dominated. It's not any fun to lose constantly, and I'm not getting enough parts or supplies to keep my faction alive.

Are you playing with people who stick together?

I had the same issue at first, but when you get a good team it makes it a whole lot easier.

Wait for the Mercenary mode or play with Gaffers

Gaf Username: StunandStab
PSN ID: StunandStab
Timezone: PST
Mic/No Mic: Mic
Additional notes: Playing for trophies and for fun, like to win

I've been playing with randoms and it hasn't been going well.

I'll be up all night as of this post. So if anyone would like me to play with them please send a message.

Wait for the Mercenary mode or play with Gaffers

What's the mercenary mode, and will it make other douchebag players not be able to kill me in two shots even after I hit them directly in the face with my shotgun? Their high-rank gear is just completely unfair and it renders the game utterly pointless to play.

Top Bottom