• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So I'm absolutely loving it so far, but I have been stricken by the dreaded autosave bug

I knew about it before i started playing, and reset the game once right after the beginning, but because I was playing through with a housemate we decided just to carry on.
What I didn't realise was that the bug was fixed around the same time as I started that second playthrough, and I am now roughly 7-8 hours into the game

Can someone that has finished the game tell me how much longer there is to go?
I'm currently at
the bit just after the sewers, with the sniper guy in the house

Interested to see whether I could finish the game without saving or if I should just restart. My ps3 will be on all night and I have my summer ball tomorrow so I won't be able to play too much

Aside from that the game really is fantastic, can't find a single thing to complain about

Hawk269

After playing the game for 5 hours straight, then another 2 hours of MP, this game is pretty incredible. If I was Sony I would be giving Naughty Dog buckets of cash to re-make the game for the PS4. Make it a launch or X-mas title. I would buy this game in a heartbeat if they would make it 60fps,1080p 4xAA or more on the PS4.

Yes, the game is a jagged mess, but looking past that the game itself is pretty incredible. Please make it so Sony, give us a PS4 version by X-Mas.

graywolf323

as someone who really admires Scooby Doo (he knows when to run damn it) this intro is really freaking me out even though nothing has happened yet :-s just got downstairs

Tiktaalik

Just hit 5pm in Vancouver and the city is already sold out of this game. Wasn't under shipped either. The fellow at GameStop said he got 250 copies.

Spat_triate

I have a 2yr old. The end of the opening sequence was painful to sit through. I don't think I've sobbed that much since my dog died.

Since they fixed the autosave bug, I've started to enjoy it quite a bit. I'm rather surprised by the decent amount of exploration in some areas. I arrived at a new town recently, and it's fairly big with lots of optional buildings/areas to explore and get some funny banter between Joel and Ellie.

The game has also gotten quite beautiful in this area I'm in, too.

Abylim

Ok, so went against my better judgement and looked this up on gamefaqs. Seems like there was a big issue with this auto save stuff, but its fixed now?

Zemm

Can someone that has finished the game tell me how much longer there is to go?
I'm currently at
the bit just after the sewers, with the sniper guy in the house

60-65%'ish. I know you can't because you're bugged, but if people want to check how far you are in the game you can go to load up your save instead of clicking continue, and it'll show your percent complete and time played.

vilmer_

That opening was absolutely incredible. Was NOT expecting something like that, man. At the point where I'm at now, the environments are giving me a bit of a
Half Life 2
feel. Game has been incredible so far, despite some of the visual quality.

Interesting that
they had a Bloater show up before the second form of infected, was it Stalkers? (if they even show up in the game but yeah, probably). I dislike the Bloater already, a lil too ''videogamey'' if that makes sense. I like Clickers+Runners combos tho.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The sequel needs a dog. I've unlocked concept art showing a dog with Joel and Ellie :O

Why did they drop it :/

The_Monk

Only played a bit more since they fixed the Save file problem. The intro was amazing, finished Chapter 1, might not dive in Chapter 2 now because... it's dark and yeah...

...I'm playing this game on my Headset and oh boy it sounds amazing. But it's creepy on a whole new level.

While I waited for the Save file thing to be solved I played some Multiplayer and my Clan was up to 35-40 which is great. I really need to have DayZ for the PS4 now, the multiplayer feels great so far.

d00d3n

Wow, the introduction of this game. They are finally tapping into all those unused ps3 cpu cores I guess ... Gameplay is great as far as I have played. Top notch stealth encounters. Even people who disliked Uncharted should probably try the game out.

A couple hours in, this game is engrossing so far. Absolutely loving it. The writing is fantastic, any game that manages to intrigue me via the story is an accomplishment in itself (I tend to ignore stories in games outright).

Zephyrus

Banned
Just finished.

That was the "Crazy" ending?

7/10 overall for the game. Dialogue was very solid but the story was predictable as hell. The combat was a chore and frustrating more than anything. Either because of dumb AI, several glitches which I ran into, or unending hordes of enemies. Not literally unending of course, but man are some of these survivors loaded with meat fodder. Why do I fight a fucking nation state sized army in every Naughty Dog game? Esepcially this one.

The graphics were phenomenal, sound was solid, music was good. Animations felt hit and miss overall.

All in all it was a really fucking pretty, yet generic third person shooter with an above-average zombie story.

Took me roughly 13 hours to beat on normal if anyone is curious. I spent a decent amount of time exploring, but needed to get it done due to fear of the autosave glitch and because it's a one-day rental.

Life would suck for me if I had ridiculous high expectations and standards...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
60-65%'ish. I know you can't because you're bugged, but if people want to check how far you are in the game you can go to load up your save instead of clicking continue, and it'll show your percent complete and time played.

Aaright, made the decision to turn off my ps3 and start again tomorrow
Don't think my poor console will be able to handle being on for so long

What happens if you grab a Clicker but don't have a shiv? Is that also an insta-kill or do you stun it or what?

I don't know, I'm guessing you can't?
Or maybe you can shoot it while holding it

Thrakier

After playing the game for 5 hours straight, then another 2 hours of MP, this game is pretty incredible. If I was Sony I would be giving Naughty Dog buckets of cash to re-make the game for the PS4. Make it a launch or X-mas title. I would buy this game in a heartbeat if they would make it 60fps,1080p 4xAA or more on the PS4.

Yes, the game is a jagged mess, but looking past that the game itself is pretty incredible. Please make it so Sony, give us a PS4 version by X-Mas.

Yeah.

In a way this game reminds me of SotC. It's way to ambitious for the hardware it's running on. You can constantly see and feel the beauty, but the experience is massively hindered by lag and framerate issues as well as jaggies everywhere.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm really enjoying the stealth mechanics in this game. Hard difficulty without Listen mode is the way to go. Headphones are recommended too.

Emwitus

About 10 hours in.

- Best opening to any game ever for me. The execution was perfect.
- I keep getting lost not knowing where to go or do.
- The first game where i felt like i was travelling across large areas connected together.
- Overall about an 8.5 experience for me just because it's making me nauseated.
- I feel like i'm reading a novel if that makes any sense.

antitrop

Such as? the save thing or stuff in the game?

For me the game was missing character models and textures in the intro and ruined my let's play but it got fixed after a while

What save thing? Wasn't that fixed?

I'm talking about the insane aliasing and the somewhat inconsistent frame rate. Frame rate isn't nearly as much of an issue as the object shimmering/flickering.

delta25

Banned
The art is beyond incredible, but damn this 720p resolution.

The image quality is disgusting, jaggy lines flying all over the place. It's the most distracting thing in the world. And they move...

Textures flickering all over the fucking place. It's nearly unplayable, guess I'll just have to suffer.

I take it you'er an avid PC gamer?

Started playing it. I think I over hyped the game. I'm having a LOT of bugs in the game. Nothing game breaking but it brings me out of the experience like every 10 minutes :/

Stuart444

No, you can grab them from behind, no shiv option. I did it but then Tess shot it before I could see what happens

I wasn't able to, no triangle option popped up. Just death. I then got a tip on the loading screen saying "You need a shiv to take down clickers from behind" - or something like that, I forget the exact wording.

sqwarlock

I'm a wuss, and using listen mode on hard difficulty. Stopped at the first section where you encounter more than one infected (it's the demo portion, I think). Headphones really make the experience so much better, but again, I'm a huge wuss so it's break time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I wasn't able to, no triangle option popped up. Just death. I then got a tip on the loading screen saying "You need a shiv to take down clickers from behind" - or something like that, I forget the exact wording.
Yeah I never got the grab option when I sneaked up behind a clicker.

Melchiah

No problems with saves, but I hate the fact the manual saves always return you to the beginning of the scenario, and not the immediate moment you saved. It's frustrating to clear rooms full of infected, when you have to start all over after a tiniest screw up. Unnecessary repetition isn't entertaining.

Billen

Banned
While I've had some issues such as characters getting stuck etc, the intro was sooooo fucking good and the feeling of the game is just great. I really enjoy it.

What save thing? Wasn't that fixed?

I'm talking about the insane aliasing and the somewhat inconsistent frame rate. Frame rate isn't nearly as much of an issue as the object shimmering/flickering.

Yeah there really needs to be better AA it's pretty distracting. That and AF, some textures are terrible.The framerate is pretty bad at times but for the most part it's fine. But the lighting is really really nice and natural

This is by far the best game I have played this gen. I am loving everything about.

Found this in one of the rooms. Sorry about the cell phone quality pic, but wanted to share.

2zwEwuv.jpg

Clott

When I kill guys they drop no ammo! is this a bug? They did in the beginning, but I just ran through 8 guys, and a few had guns, but no one had ammo?

When I kill guys they drop no ammo! is this a bug? They did in the beginning, but I just ran through 8 guys, and a few had guns, but no one had ammo?

They have as few ammo as you. If you don't kill them fast, they shoot all their ammo and you can't loot empty mags

Top Bottom