• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

legacyzero

Banned
Well isn't this FUCKING CONVENIENT.

I think my PS3 just bricked :((((((((((((((

It just shut itself off, and now when I try to turn in back on, it beeps 3 times at me, and then starts flashing a red light.

And what's even funnier? I cant get the damn game out.

Zemm

It just shut itself off, and now when I try to turn in back on, it beeps 3 times at me, and then starts flashing a red light.

iDfDjabLtKNdl.gif

Quick

Banned

Yellow light?

When you hit the start button, immediately hit the eject. At least that (might) gets the disc out.

You can hopefully get the game out by turning off the power on the back of the ps3, hold down the eject button, and switch the power back on in the back. Sorry about the PS3 :(

The_Monk

Noooo! :(

What's you PS3 Version fellow GAFfer? Have you tried the Eject Button trick?

Superflat

That happened when I picked up a copy of Uncharted 2 after searching my whole damn city for a copy on launch day, running in the rain. Finally put it in, played about 2 hours of it, and the laser gives out while the game was still running. So much rage. ND, your power is too strong for this gen.

Wow this is fantastic, tense and challenging gamplay experiences are pretty few and far between. It doesn't feel familiar and I love it for that.

legacyzero

Banned
You can hopefully get the game out by turning off the power on the back of the ps3, hold down the eject button, and switch the power back on in the back. Sorry about the PS3 :(

This actually worked. Thanks! Scary as hell though, when I did this, the fan turned on like a jet engine LOL. Yeah this thing is fucked. :(

I just dont know if I want to invest in a new PS3 so damn close to the PS4 :((

Stuart444

Btw, did anyone like: SPOILERS (the second last area-ish)

The Bus station where you saw Giraffes. Loads of them, they looked fantastic honestly from a graphical stand point. From a story stand point, shows some 'wild' wild life surviving even after all this stuff has gone down. Loved it

Ricker

Meh,glad I left it on normal...the stealth is hard in this game and some of the controls suck...failed a section about 5 times so I called it quits for now...

alright, this game scared the jeebus out of me. I just got to the
first encounter with clickers and runners and killed em
. So i proceed a few steps and my ps3 just shut down. No soft lock, just a CLICK-shutdown that made me think the worst. It seems to be very well alive... and from what i'm reading i'm not the only one with this problem...

mario_O

Six hours in, love the dramatic tone of the game and the gore, combat animations are brutal and fun to watch. Love the stealth gameplay with the survival horror atmosphere, it's far more intense than just running and gunning in Uncharted. Also the music and sound is freaking awesome with my 5.1 DTS amp. So far soo good.

chris121580

Damn this game was incredibly hard to find in stores. Had to go 4 different places before finding it. Meijer came through in the clutch

ElRenoRaven

Got home from work. Enjoying the MP. Still trying to figure it out but I'm enjoying it. is there a guide anywhere that explains the multiplayer at all?

Melchiah

I was wondering whether it has trophies set to invisible for the sake of not breaking the mood, as I didn't get any during my +3 hours of play, but checking the trophy list afterwards explained why. I imagine I won't be getting many trophies in this game.

calder

JUST started the game. Man, wish the start menu this game has was the dynamic theme holy shit, that would be my PS3 theme forever. Dear ND, I would pay an embarrassing amount for that.

Also, <3 the awesome audio options. I'll take PCM and max dynamic range plz.

I can't remember what game bricked my fat60. I'm quite curious as to what guidelines are in place to avoid games overheating varieties of PS3s. I'm guessing there aren't enough.

I remember I a firmware update bricked my launch 360 right before ME3 arrived in the mail. I dunno which pissed me off more.

sunnz

I was wondering whether it has trophies set to invisible for the sake of not breaking the mood, as I didn't get any during my +3 hours of play, but checking the trophy list afterwards explained why. I imagine I won't be getting many trophies in this game.

Ha, I felt the same way.

I was wondering why I wasn't getting a trophy after like 6 hours of play, then 1 popped up 3 minutes later.

vilmer_

I can't remember what game bricked my fat60. I'm quite curious as to what guidelines are in place to avoid games overheating varieties of PS3s. I'm guessing there aren't enough.

I remember I a firmware update bricked my launch 360 right before ME3 arrived in the mail. I dunno which pissed me off more.

Interesting that you mention this, I'm still using my og phatty and at one point while playing TLOU the fan kicked in to hyperspeed, I mean like space shuttle sounding. It was loud lol, but only lasted for 5 minutes or so.

Atrophis

Sorry guys the intro didn't really do it for me. Not only was it predictable it also contains one of my storytelling pet peeves.

The tutorial section after the intro was really fucking slow. So much forced walking in this game. Eventually when you get a few hours in it finally starts to click. Combat is really unforgiving on hard. Cant remember that last time I died so much in a game.

Haven't been bothered by any technical issues personally. I hope the game does ramp up even more because it isn't blowing me away as much as I was hoping. 4:45 in so a long way to go yet.

Bad7667

Damn this game was incredibly hard to find in stores. Had to go 4 different places before finding it. Meijer came through in the clutch

Tell me about it. 3 different stores and not one copy. Now I am trying to download it through PSN. Just the installer download says over 4 hours.

Either the game is selling incredibly well or it has been under shipped.

Amir0x

Banned
Man this well be the most uneven game I've played this gen so far from what I've played to this point. It's such a fascinating game to analyze. I'm going to have fun writing up my feelings on this one.

Clott

That isn't true. I have had clickers drop ammo and killed guys carrying guns that haven't dropped anything. I think it is random.

Thank you!! just killed a guard that was holding a gun and TA DAAAA nothing was dropped.

Kind of frustrating, as the reason I didn't sneak by him was to get his ammo!

antitrop

Tell me about it. 3 different stores and not one copy. Now I am trying to download it through PSN. Just the installer download says over 4 hours.

Either the game is selling incredibly well or it has been under shipped.
Definitely undershipped.

I walked into a Walmart this afternoon after work and asked the lady at the counter for a copy of the game and she looked at me like I was an idiot. She had never even heard of it. I looked behind the glass and there was no display for it.

I went to Best Buy and they had it.

thefro

I'm 15% in according to the save file so far, although it's only been a couple hours of game time. I basically just got
Ellie and Tess just met back up with us
. Gameplay is pretty interesting due to the resource limitations, but I'm sure won't be for everyone. I think they assume everyone playing this has already played Uncharted because the prompts/tutorial for boosting someone up, moving something together, etc are basically non-existant. Reminds me of Half Life + a very resource limited (with way less enemies, obviously) RE4 + some stealth.

The AI does break my sense of immersion when they run right in front of an enemy and nobody notices them.... and that initial load time is pretty ridiclous. A lot of walking and talking thus far.

Melchiah

Ha, I felt the same way.

I was wondering why I wasn't getting a trophy after like 6 hours of play, then 1 popped up 3 minutes later.

Yeah, it seems like it's going to take a while to get them. It's kinda refreshing that a game has so few trophies, and to not have those pop ups every half an hour or so.

Megasoum

Banned
I died in the intro.
When in panic, never look back, just run... Never. Look. Back.

Yeah I died too when
I looked at the guy crawling out of the ambulance lol

Now I really need to get my brain to forget about the graphics... I've been playing so much PC in the last couple of months (and just spent a week watching XBO/PS4 footage) that the textures and jaggies are killing me...even if it's probably the prettiest game on the console lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point.

This game has the Naughty Dog problem of having less than stellar looking levels for the first 30% of the game. I'm 70% through and the game looks fucking great. Still has aliasing though but not as noticeable.

So for any of you annoyed by the quality of the levels, keep playing. It looks better and better as it goes on.

So my PS3 fan is super loud while playing this game.

Should I be worried?
Should I stop playing?

I don't want my PS3 to break. I really can't afford a new one...

Khronico

Bricks = best weapon ever. So satisfying to bash clickers to death.

I have a few gripes so far though. Controls feel sluggish, swimming is a nightmare to control, and the beginning took WAY too long. Granted, I watched it before playing today, so that's probably why. Also, taking cover feels squirrelly and imprecise. It's also not fun to constantly have to restart because you made one mistake in a stealth sequence and a clicker decides to do his one shot kill melee on you.

What I do like so far: Everything else.

Top Bottom