• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

antitrop

Well, here we go. Starting the game now...

My next post will be completely unspoiled intro impressions. I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

A much better way for the devs to have handled the AI in stealth sections would be to have them teleport to predetermined "safe" areas when you're not looking at them instead of having them freaking run right in front of the infected. Might make sense that a little girl is much more stealthier compared to a burly old man.

The sections at the beginning actually had that.

I did not really like that. Made me feel like a loner.

Ceebs

okay maybe I am missing something, but is there a way to move faster while crouched?

Trying to move between cover feels kinda shitty going as slow as you do, yet your AI guys zoom around while crouched. I must be missing something.

Quoted for new new page.

Grisby

Partner AI is totally immersion breaking. I'm stealthing around a bunch of clickers and they just run around like idiots.
Yeah, it's stupid. It was still tense but they did end up blocking me once which got me killed. :/

Hilarious to see them running around the clickers though. Hooray for being quiet.

It still baffles me how the save problem was a server side issue. I was always under the assumption that games save on your system, independent of online connections.

Dr Dogg

Fair play to anyone who is playing this with headphones on. I've just got the sound coming out of my tv really low and with a bunch of Clickers and some other 'unnamed' enemies lurking around combined with the eerie score is freaky as fuck. Best use of sound to add tension since the original Dead Space, maybe even better.

Mupod

I wish they would have told you from the outset that there's different degrees of silence when crouched, and enemies can hear you if you're moving too fast. I mean, it tells you EVENTUALLY but not until I'd already endured about 20 restarts because it seemed like enemies were turning around totally randomly. Is this not an issue on normal?

Maybe it's in the manual, I didn't see the digital one until just now and they were too cheap to print a real one.

mxgt

Banned
Oh balls, I got spotted by two clickers and sprinted as far as I could before dying and when I re-spawned I was in the next section and I can't go back cause it auto-saved. Bit annoying.

Is there a multiplayer thread? Are any of you playing?

I am playing, I do like it a lot, the lack of objective modes is unfortunate, but the tension/crafting/scavenging/management/teamwork is great.

I want to make a separate OT for MP but I can't atm, so I'd really like someone to do it.

I'm thinking:

Last of Us Multiplayer OT || Shiv Together, Die Alone

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't really get the survivors part of multiplayer with the clan or whatever? Do you just have to play everyday or else people get sick and die?

There is a robust clan system where you can recruit survivors into your clan. You can then send them out on missions for supplies, to rescue other survivors, and train to repel or attack Infecteds or Marauders. Clan members can die from attacks, starvation, or sickness. They can also become infected. Members will join your clan depending on the matches you win, the supplies you have and attacks you repel.

I didn't see any of this stuff, when I click clan it just says 12 Weeks and some other slides.

Spinluck

I love the MP, really really fun with friends. Putting your team on your back when you're the last one alive, or truing to cover for a teammates reviving each other is an epic feeling.

Guys I've just got past the part where Joel gives Ellie
a pistol for the first time
how far roughly percentage wise am I through the game, worrying I'm rushing.

prwxv3

They were not bullshiting us with that e3 demo. There are very little scripted moments.

And the levels can get pretty big

smr00

Banned
90 minutes in and absolutely love the game.

I know i shouldn't be smiling but i can't stop smiling when i get into a melee fight or
throw a brick at someones face, hop over a barrier and bum rush them into the wall
Not sure if spoiler, combat related.

Top Bottom