• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Dresden

Oh god oh god oh god
When Joel falls from the elevator and I turn the light generator on and I'm rushed by infected out the ass, plus bloaters. Once I see a bloater and I'm cornered, I cry like a baby, haha.
Uggggh.

LOL

That part made me
run like hell for the first time in the game. No way was I going to deal with those assholes there.

sn00zer

This is me Crash came out when I was 6 or 7
BxJjV26.jpg

Plan your attacks right and you feel like an absolute badass

So I'm in Pittsburgh. Four enemies, two bullets. I throw a bottle to lure towards me. As he gets closer, I throw a smoke bomb towards another two. Stun the lured enemy with a brick and grab him. The smoke bomb goes off. The fourth guy turns to see what's happening. Aim, boom, headshot. Then I blow my captive's head off. Rush into the smoke. One hit kill on the third guy, running pipe to the face of the last guy. And I beat him to death

Four guys down in ten seconds

Gibbo

anyone's PS3 died on them while playing this game? 1.5 year old Slim PS3 here. Tried playing it this morning- but my set just shuts down (green light off) about 3 seconds after switching the machine on :( Timing sucks as i'm only about 5 hours into the game

TripleSun

So I'm in Pittsburgh. Four enemies, two bullets. I throw a bottle to lure towards me. As he gets closer, I throw a smoke bomb towards another two. Stun the lured enemy with a brick and grab him. The smoke bomb goes off. The fourth guy turns to see what's happening. Aim, boom, headshot. Then I blow my captive's head off. Rush into the smoke. One hit kill on the third guy, running pipe to the face of the last guy. And I beat him to death

You've earned that forum username, alright.

DatDude

Banned
I heard alot of the retail stores got a low number of shipments in terms of copies to sell. My friends went to our local gamestop and walmart and they were all sold out and said they won't have a new shipment come in until tuesday. :/

Why is that? Surely sony has faith in naughty dog? Or perhaps it was because it was a new ip at the end of a generation cycle?

nib95

Banned

More_Badass indeed.

I heard alot of the retail stores got a low number of shipments in terms of copies to sell. My friends went to our local gamestop and walmart and they were all sold out and said they won't have a new shipment come in until tuesday. :/

Why is that? Surely sony has faith in naughty dog? Or perhaps it was because it was a new ip at the end of a generation cycle?

My local GameStop had boxes of this game. The employees were even wearing tlou themed polos.

So who knows.

cacophony

Game is alright I just wish it were more varied instead of running for 5 minutes and then coming across hordes of enemies.

Kinda annoyed at how many sections are just huge areas filled with enemies and you have no real idea where to go. I just bypassed a whole section cause I ran for it to see if where I was going was even the right way to go so I didn't waste my time. I end up having to die 3-4 times just to know where to go. Maybe having him look in the direction when you press L3 would be nice. I guess I get the no hand holding but playing the same part over and over because you don't know where to go it not very fun.

RedSwirl

This game just checkpointed me past an encounter that I hadn't beaten yet. I was in the middle of a fight and losing so I decided to restart the encounter, and it loaded the game in a situation where all the enemies were already dead. This happen often?

Mush

Not really a spoiler but Ellie
just asked me to Hi-5 her and it brought the biggest fucking smile to my face.

I love this game.

TripleSun

Game is alright I just wish it were more varied instead of running for 5 minutes and then coming across hordes of enemies.

Kinda annoyed at how many sections are just huge areas filled with enemies and you have no real idea where to go. I just bypassed a whole section cause I ran for it to see if where I was going was even the right way to go so I didn't waste my time. I end up having to die 3-4 times just to know where to go. Maybe having him look in the direction when you press L3 would be nice. I guess I get the no hand holding but playing the same part over and over because you don't know where to go it not very fun.

I wish L3 was useable more often too. Like when I'm in a shitty broken down dark place and I have to run/fight hordes of infected.. Yep.

eyeless

could anyone tell me about what percentage of the game you'd say i'm through if i just
found the car
? just curious

Codeblew

Is there a secret to killing
Bloaters
that I am not getting?
I am in the area where Ellie kills the buck.

Bladenic

54% now with 9 hours. I'm gonna guess this game will end up as one of the longest games of its ilk this generation. Right away I can only think of Resident Evil 6 being longer.

Well, I haven't finished yet obviously, but I'm only halfway through with a time that most have games would have been done by.

Cloudy

Banned
Throw something to get the clickers attention. After that it'll start roaming around and you can stealth kill it if you have a shiv. This works in general when you've got a clicker up against a wall that you can't get in on.

I ended up stealth grappling the first runner around the corner then bum-rushing the clicker with the metal pipe. After that I sprinted away and hid from the others while picking them off. No distractions used. I'm playing on normal though lol

I think this is the first survivor game ever that I have actually ran out of bullets or didn't have many weapons. The devs for the first time ever making a survivor game actually made it survival. I'm guessing most of us experienced the old "you won't have much ammo to fight so you'll be put in dire situations," talk (dead island anyone). I'm only on the normal difficulty and can barely make it through a room if I don't use stealth, which is a good thing.

I think this is the first game that someone could call true survival.

Gorillaz

Alright so I'm at the point where the E3 demo/extended demo ended
when the elevater breaks and it's just you by yourself
how much further do I have left? like what type of percentage is cleared? I'm surprised how well paced the game has been so far.....especially when it comes to tension....got damn Naughty Dog

Side note the MP is actually pretty fast yet steady pace. Especially when you travel 2 by 2 or just as a group. It has this Gears 1 and Counter Strike vibe....Like if ND adds maps and some more coop this shit would really be something...well it already is something but yall know what I mean

Pranay

Alright so I'm at the point where the E3 demo/extended demo ended
when the elevater breaks and it's just you by yourself
how much further do I have left? like what type of percentage is cleared? I'm surprised how well paced the game has been so far.....especially when it comes to tension....got damn Naughty Dog

Side note the MP is actually pretty fast yet steady pace. Especially when you travel 2 by 2 or just as a group. It has this Gears 1 and Counter Strike vibe....Like if ND adds maps and some more coop this shit would really be something...well it already is something but yall know what I mean

Play that part first. thats awesome.

4/10 area

I ended up stealth grappling the first runner around the corner then bum-rushing the clicker with the metal pipe. After that I sprinted away and hid from the others while picking them off. No distractions used. I'm playing on normal though lol

You actually don't need to get behind a clicker to stealth kill it, at least not when they're standing still. They can't see anything, just crouch walk at half speed and STAB EM IN THE MUSHROOM.

Gorillaz

I was so happy to arrive in pittsburgh because it was a change up in enemies. The tension might not be the same but I was up for a trade off to have some more firefights

Top Bottom