• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Troll

Banned
Besides the boring beginning this game gets a 10/10 Ellie's inner conflict is so good I damn near traded up

So strange, that was the most enjoyable part for me.

Just finished it, found the game repetitive and too long with a predicable story.

I love NaughtyDog and it's great for them to get away from Drake, actually I hope they stay away from drake for a long, long time.

Bladenic

HOLY JESUS EFFING CHRIST THE (super late 86%+ spoilers)
ENTIRETY OF WINTER WAS FUCKING MINDBLOWING! ESPECIALLY THE FUCKING END, RUNNING THROUGH A SNOWSTORM WITH JUST A KNIFE. AND THEN THAT MOTHERFUCKING DAVID BOSS FIGHT

NAUGHTY FUCKING GODS. Nobody else can ever.

Sorry for the broken caps lock but Jesus this whole chapter blew me the fuck away and then some. Incredible. AND THERE'S STILL 11% left asfkkkskxns. 15 hours played so far.

something i like about the game is how it's fleshed out. it took me 19 hours to play the entire game and it was truly a journey i'll never forget.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, I'm almost sure I know the ending. It seems obvious to me. Everyone seems hyped about it, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Fuuuuuuuck

A bit into Winter

Well holy shit (Fall spoiler)...I literally stood up in a panic when
Joel got impaled. I really thought he was going to die there and we'd play the rest of the game as Ellie. Maybe my prediction isn't that far off.

But for a video game to cause that kind of reaction...ND did an amazing job developing the characters, cause I actually care for them

Oh and yeah Ellie is a badass

Bladenic

So for anyone who finished
the winter season
were there any major collectibles at the end? Given the whole situation, I didn't do as much exploring as I usually would, so I'm nervous I may have missed some goods.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there a mp thread?

I'm afraid of coming in here since I won't play SP until tomorrow evening... but I have some questions about MP since people have been playing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just for curiosity sake, spoiler tag what you think is the ending. I won't say whether you are right or wrong.

I'm not very far in, so I wouldn't be able to guess many specifics, but I'm almost sure Ellie dies and any hope for a cure is lost. Kind of like a mirror of the beginning with Joel's daughter. Or maybe vice versa. It just seems too obvious though, surely ND didn't take the easy way out here. Still, I don't see both of them getting out of this.

Then again, since I'm only 4 or so hours in, I could be completely wrong (and probably am).

Yerolo

So theres a trophy after the credits ? goddammitt

How long do the credits go for and are there any post credit scenes at all ?

Will be finishing this game off tonight and dont want to miss anything if I skip them

Troll

Banned
I'm not very far in, so I wouldn't be able to guess many specifics, but I'm almost sure Ellie dies and any hope for a cure is lost. Kind of like a mirror of the beginning with Joel's daughter. Or maybe vice versa. It just seems too obvious though, surely ND didn't take the easy way out here. Still, I don't see both of them getting out of this.

Then again, since I'm only 4 or so hours in, I could be completely wrong (and probably am).

I had hope for you. Then you post this? Come on, man.

e: Then again, we could all be fucking with you.
shyamalan.jpeg

Vire

Will be finishing this game off tonight and dont want to miss anything if I skip them

Credits are roughly 5-10 minutes.

There is not anything after the credits. Doesn't need it.

Chris R

They last for maybe five minutes, not long at all.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Put me down as one those who the think the game look good, but not a huge leap compared to the Uncharteds, aside from the lighting. The atmosphere on the other hand is phenomenal, and this "bleak beauty" or however ND described it is evident. However, one thing that kinda bugs me is how some grass and foliage stick out from the rest of the environment... Like they needed a touch of color blending to fit in. For example the ground (texture) would be brownish green and the grass would be vivid green, no gradient, shadow, or anything.

antitrop

The difference between decent speakers and a decent headset is so great that I almost want to start the game over and replay it because I feel like I missed out on so much.

Kard8p3

Oh man, nothing feels as good as coming back from a near loss in MP.

We were down 0-6 with one guy who dropped out, and we managed to stick together and snuff the guys out :)

feels good.

Just finished it, game was really good but I wouldn't call it a 10/10. I was really bummed that (END OF GAME SPOILERS)
The whole hospital level would have been fun to sneak around in but instead I had to gun and blast my way through everyone.

you can totally do that whole area in stealth, thats how i got through it

I kind of wish there was a way to zoom in more on journal entries. They could have gotten away with only having the text like most other games, but they actually took the time to make every one of them look unique, with the messages coming in different forms and with different handwriting, etc. Some of them have tiny handwriting though, and I wish I could zoom in on all of them and just read them like that instead of just looking at the printed version

Is the trophy system in this game broken? I completed the game on normal, even saw the credits roll by and I get no trophy.

Which by the way almost anybody can get all the trophy's, all of them are really simple. I'm not gonna say what they are because that may be a spoil to some, but if anyone's a trophy hunter on here I'd say go for it.

SRTtoZ

Is the trophy system in this game broken? I completed the game on normal, even saw the credits roll by and I get no trophy.

Which by the way almost anybody can get all the trophy's, all of them are really simple. I'm not gonna say what they are because that my be a spoil to some, but if anyone's a trophy hunter on here I'd say go for it.

I got a few trophies, and I also got one at the very end of the credits.

deim0s

34% into the game at 5hrs and 17. Loving Ellie more and more!

Yeah, fuck you too Bill! ..|..

Played MP a few times… Damn fun too, enjoying it better than Uncharted's MP. i haven't encountered camping types yet like some GAFers mentioned.

76% in 12 hours, a bit into Winter. I'm guessing maybe 2-3 hours left :(

Really don't want this experience to end. Thank god for story DLC. Hope the DLC is substantial and not like just an hour long. The more time in this world, the better

What is everyones in game brightness setting set to? I'm gaming on a panny plasma, and when I turn the lights off in my room the contrast seems too high, as in it doesn't seem dark enough. It seems like I have to turn the in game brightness all the way down, to make it so theres a point to turn on my flashlight. I dont have my TV set to Vivid or anything, its on a custom calibrated mode. The settings have always worked well for other games. I remember someone else complaining about this same thing occurring on their Plasma tv in the demo thread.

rbanke

I'm really trying to like the game, but the combat is driving me mad. I just can't get the hang of it yet. I'm only where you
first encounter the clickers
(not sure if that's spoiler worthy for some?) and I'm just not getting the combat. The previous area with the guards took me like 5-10 tries to get through and this is basically the beginning still and on top of that, i'm playing on normal. I've had to put it down twice now out of frustration. Not sure what the hell is wrong with me, I've tried to play this game the past 3 nights and can't get into it.

Well holy shit (late Fall spoiler)...I literally stood up in a panic when
Joel got impaled. I really thought he was going to die there and we'd play the rest of the game as Ellie. Maybe my prediction isn't that far off.

But for a video game to cause that kind of reaction...ND did an amazing job developing the characters, cause I actually care for them

Oh and yeah Ellie is a badass

I'm really trying to like the game, but the combat is driving me mad. I just can't get the hang of it yet. I'm only where you
(not sure if that's spoiler worthy for some?) and I'm just not getting the combat. The previous area with the guards took me like 5-10 tries to get through and this is basically the beginning still and on top of that, i'm playing on normal. I've had to put it down twice now out of frustration. Not sure what the hell is wrong with me, I've tried to play this game the past 3 nights and get get into it.
What are you having trouble with? What don't you get?

(not sure if that's spoiler worthy for some?) and I'm just not getting the combat. The previous area with the guards took me like 5-10 tries to get through and this is basically the beginning still and on top of that, i'm playing on normal. I've had to put it down twice now out of frustration. Not sure what the hell is wrong with me, I've tried to play this game the past 3 nights and can't get into it.

Hang in there. The combat gets better once you get more weapons but yeah. It's a bitch in the first few hours of the game.

Ok I played the game enough to say it is being overhyped because it seems like a Walking Dead vibe game, one of the top shows on TV.

This doesnt feel like a game but a Journey, literally walk and walk, talk and talk, it all feels like you are just a camera man behind Joel.

Graphics look very bad in IQ dont be fooled by pics posted in still mode with modes turned on that aint the real game's look. However it is great in design/ details and lighting is the best on ps3. Story telling is Walking Dead quality, these are not gamey charactersThey are realistic characters, cant believe Joel isnt a real guy.

Just my views after 10 hours, ending is coming soon, this is not a Perfect 10/10 Game but 10/10 in story telling and presentation.

wat??

Top Bottom