• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

leng jai

About halfway through and I think it's safe to say the two biggest marks against this game will be or its woeful AI and laughable framerate at times.

fishbang

I really don't get how some of you were able to finish this game in a few sittings. Personally my nerves can't handle more than a couple of hours at a time. Right now I'm in
Pittsburgh's hotel and I just fell off the elevator.
I'm overwhelmed.

When I find myself in a terrible circumstance like that, I can't bear to leave the game until I've moved through it to a more comfortable point. Then, having cleared a major obstacle and come out alive, I can't help but play more because I'm energized and awake. Repeat until 4 a.m., two days in a row.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
To those playing Mp do you feel you must use listening mode to compete? Is it asmassively overpowered and abused as I'm hearing?
I hardly used Listen Mode. The only thing annoying about the MP is that sometimes my teammates keep running everywhere which shows up on the radar. Can't believe the amount of games we've lost due to this. I can't be bothered to tell them either.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Well you were scavenging those houses, did you see the dialogue between Sam and Ellie playing darts? Dialogue between them seemed so natural

Yeah I did, they set it up well and normally did that. They also both sat on a couch and talked in another house. Elizabeth in BI is so damn stiff in comparison.

When I find myself in a terrible circumstance like that, I can't bear to leave the game until I've moved through it to a more comfortable point. Then, having cleared a major obstacle and come out alive, I can't help but play more because I'm energized and awake. Repeat until 4 a.m., two days in a row.

This is exactly what happened to me last night at that point in the game...was thinking about going to sleep before that, and then I ended up playing like 5 hours more

Soler

Banned
I hardly used Listen Mode. The only thing annoying about the MP is that sometimes my teammates keep running everywhere which shows up on the radar. Can't believe the amount of games we've lost due to this. I can't be bothered to tell them either.

The scrubs are getting whittled out
MP is getting pretty tough now
Im looking forward to how competitive it will get when everyone becomes accustomed to everything

I really don't get how some of you were able to finish this game in a few sittings. Personally my nerves can't handle more than a couple of hours at a time. Right now I'm in
Pittsburgh's hotel and I just fell off the elevator.
I'm overwhelmed.

lol, I'm the same way kinda. I really only play it in like 2~ hour spurts because the game is so exhausting (mentally) to play sometimes.

Well you were scavenging those houses, did you see the dialogue between
Sam and Ellie playing darts
? Dialogue between them seemed so natural

I loved that scene, and just optional conversations/events like that in general in the game. Such a nice touch - you never know what optional stuff you'll find in some random house. Whether it be some supplies for just a funny conversation.

<3 Ellie's
joke book.
lol

Yerolo

Not being from USA myself, I decided to map Joel and Ellie's journey during the game...
it looks as though from my point of view that their route was quite erratic.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they started out in Boston (East Coast), then to Lincoln, Nevada (West Coast), and then all the way back to the East coast (Pittsburgh) and then to Colorado (Central USA), then to Salt Lake City, Utah (Central/East Coast) & finally to Jackson Mississippi (South East)........

So in summary: East > West > East >Central> East>South East What a journey ! (or my geography skills are all messed up) lol

(late game)
Jesus...this fight against
the Firefiles after learning about the surgery
is so fucking difficult. I barely have any health, no medkits, no silent weapons. Some ammo for my pistols and revolver, no shotgun or rifle ammo, and some
flamethrower
ammo

I'm able to stealth kill a few but then I'm running out of ammo by the time more guys come and I'm not able to get to a good spot with being seen or shot at.

DatDude

Banned
Not being from USA myself, I decided to map Joel and Ellie's journey during the game...

Correct me if I am wrong, but they started out in Boston (East Coast), then to Lincoln, Nevada (West Coast), and then all the way back to the East coast (Pittsburgh) and then to Colorado (Central USA), then to Salt Lake City, Utah (Central/East Coast) & finally to Jackson Mississippi (South East)........

So in summary: East > West > East >Central> East>South East What a journey ! (or my geography skills are all messed up) lol

lol no Lincoln is in the outskirts of Boston. It's a small historical town.

After watching the E3 2012 trailer, why'd they take out the ability to run while crouching and peek around corners while in cover? Seems like they had a proper cover system before like Uncharted aswell. It feels a lot more clunky in the final game due to it being automated. Also, is it possible to disarm enemies and have them beg for mercy? Never happened in my first playthrough.

How populated do you think the MP is? Unfortunately, unlike UC2, you can't see a concurrent number. I am really curious as to how it's doing

DatDude

Banned
(late game)
Jesus...this fight against
the Firefiles after learning about the surgery
is so fucking difficult. I barely have any health, no medkits, no silent weapons. Some ammo for my pistols and revolver, no shotgun or rifle ammo, and some
flamethrower
ammo

I'm able to stealth kill a few but then I'm running out of ammo by the time more guys come and I'm not able to get to a good spot with being seen or shot at.

bricks and bottles are your friends.

Also picking up one of those
machine guns will help to

But yeah that was a real difficult part of the game for me as well.

lol, I'm the same way kinda. I really only play it in like 2~ hour spurts because the game is so exhausting (mentally) to play sometimes.

Oh good, I'm not the only one. I had a fear I had become lazy and I couldn't focus even though I really enjoy the game. Traditionally I play my 'day one' games almost all the way through in a sitting or two but as of recent I do spurts.

I just got to
The ambush after leaving Bill's area
I know I'm not that far at all but I'd like to know how far I am (20%?) and if anything gameplay wise really switches up before the end.

Really enjoying the game. <3 Naughty Dog

DatDude

Banned
After watching the E3 2012 trailer, why'd they take out the ability to run while crouching and peek around corners while in cover? Seems like they had a proper cover system before like Uncharted aswell. It feels a lot more clunky in the final game due to it being automated. Also, is it possible to disarm enemies and have them beg for mercy? Never happened in my first playthrough.

Yup. I did that on my first playthrough. The bastard though took a revolver out of his coat pocket and quickly head shotted me though.

Salt Lake City is also directly west of Colorado btw

DatDude

Banned
Oh good, I'm not the only one. I had a fear I had become lazy and I couldn't focus even though I really enjoy the game. Traditionally I play my 'day one' games almost all the way through in a sitting or two but as of recent I do spurts.

I just got to
The ambush after leaving Bill's area
I know I'm not that far at all but I'd like to know how far I am (20%?) and if anything gameplay wise really switches up before the end.

Really enjoying the game. <3 Naughty Dog

You've experieneced nothing yet. Probably 10-15 hours left. An yes, Pitsburgh is very different gameplay wise. You will see.

Vire

A-ha...well that makes more sense then :)

Also you missed this part,
You go to Wyoming (Which is Tommy's Dam) at the start of fall. Basically you go from Boston to Pittsburgh to Wyoming to Utah back to Jackson (which is in Wyoming). It is assumed you are heading back to Tommy's place.

Hopefully that clears it up.

DatDude

Banned
Also you missed this part,
You go to Wyoming (Which is Tommy's Dam) at the start of fall. Basically you go from Boston to Pittsburgh to Wyoming to Utah back to Jackson (which is in Wyoming). It is assumed you are heading back to Tommy's place.

Hopefully that clears it up.

Well its not assumed. You actually see it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches

I just tried to
start the motor then got attacked by 3 Walkers before I pulled the cord the third time and died. Restarted the area, killed the Walkers, started the motor, then got my face split in half by a Bloater.

I just... can't.

i9xo7ZYSnaE0T.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The scrubs are getting whittled out
MP is getting pretty tough now
Im looking forward to how competitive it will get when everyone becomes accustomed to everything
I'll probably wait for Gaffers to start playing the MP. Randoms are annoying.

televator

I just tried to
start the motor then got attacked by 3 Walkers before I pulled the cord the third time and died. Restarted the area, killed the Walkers, started the motor, then got my face split in half by a Bloater.

I just... can't.

i9xo7ZYSnaE0T.gif

Here's what I did:
Explore the area up top, find the key card, locate the door to use the card on and keep the location in mind. Go back down, start the motor and BOOK IT straight for the door. Swipe the card and GTFO. Made that whole encounter go by in a minute.

torontoml

Quick question, does the percent on my save file represent my distance into the game or does it also include the collectibles and stuff? I've been fairly thorough but I may have missed some collectibles. So I just want to gauge my time left. I just entered, season
Fall
and am like 63%.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Argh, the
humvee part
is fucking hard. Anyone knows what to do?

DukeBobby

I probably won't touch the multiplayer until I've finished the game about 4 times. By then, everyone will be too good and I will give up after one game.

Then I'll start the single player again.

Quick question, does the percent on my save file represent my distance into the game or does it also include the collectibles and stuff? I've been fairly thorough but I may have missed some collectibles. So I just want to gauge my time left. I just entered, season
Fall
and am like 63%.

It's story progression. Collectibles aren't included in the percentage.

DrBo42

Quick question, does the percent on my save file represent my distance into the game or does it also include the collectibles and stuff? I've been fairly thorough but I may have missed some collectibles. So I just want to gauge my time left. I just entered,season
Fall
and am like 63%.

I'm not sure on the exact amount hour-wise but you've got a healthy amount left. Definitely a handful of hours at least.

fishbang

Here's what I did:
Explore the area up top, find the key card, locate the door to use the card on and keep the location in mind. Go back down, start the motor and BOOK IT straight for the door. Swipe the card and GTFO. Made that whole encounter go by in a minute.

I did the same. One solid minute of righteous sphincter pucker, though.

Fuck this...been stuck at this same fight for the last hour

Very late game..
Fireflies in the hospital

I have very little health and no medkits, no supplies to craft anything, and not much ammo. Every time I gain an advantage, I either get flanked or just get shot because only a few bullets kill me. I'm always able to stealth kill a few, but once they spread out, that's when the shit hits the fan. And I very rarely can pick up that useful gun

I don't want to reduce the difficulty. Not at 97%

daveo42

Banned
Just finished at 17 hours 19 minutes. End game:
I was worried during the last bit that Elle was going to turn based on how her infection looked. Still, that's a tough call. Possibly save humanity or protecting the girl you've grown to love over the course of a year. Great ending, though I am always one who wants a bit more.

Doran902

Best game so far this year for me and it isn't even close.

Then again I was extremely let down by Infinite.

I've never played a game where I felt sad and got some man tears and its happened 3 times already.

83 percent, have to finish it tomorrow

TripleSun

I really wish I could open up savage starlight and read it during the game. ND you messed up ): I want to know what got Ellie so hyped for.

DatDude

Banned
Fuck this...been stuck at this same fight for the last hour

Very late game..
Fireflies in the hospital

I have very little health and no medkits, no supplies to craft anything, and not much ammo. Every time I gain an advantage, I either get flanked or just get shot because only a few bullets kill me. I'm always able to stealth kill a few, but once they spread out, that's when the shit hits the fan. And I very rarely can pick up that useful gun

I don't want to reduce the difficulty. Not at 97%

did you try blitzing?

Maybe watch some walkthroughs and see what other people did?

Top Bottom