• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

did you try blitzing?

Maybe watch some walkthroughs and see what other people did?
Like just rush through? Yeah, a few times.

It sucks that you can't draw enemies into the previous area. That area is much better for flanking. This area is more exposed

I'm probably going to give one more go and then stop for the night. Really wanted to finish tonight...so close.

I guess I could always restart the chapter

DatDude

Banned
The 2nd half is what makes the game so great.

Btw is it possible to play online mp if i rented teh game from redbox? or do yuo need an online pass ?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Here's what I did:
Explore the area up top, find the key card, locate the door to use the card on and keep the location in mind. Go back down, start the motor and BOOK IT straight for the door. Swipe the card and GTFO. Made that whole encounter go by in a minute.
God bless you, I just did that.

DrBo42

I had to stop too. I know how you feel man.

But buckle up, the second part of the game is fantastic.

I wish people wouldn't come in here mid-game and read stuff like that. Might just be me but fuck I'm terrible at managing expectations. This isn't a post calling you out btw.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ok how much more game time do i have?

I am at the part in winter where im in the diner and that guy is playing hide and seek with me

Vire

It sucks that you can't draw enemies into the previous area. That area is much better for flanking. This area is more exposed

I'm probably going to give one more go and then stop for the night. Really wanted to finish tonight...so close.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I had plenty of supplies to make bombs and cocktails, also I just picked up their assault rifles and started mowing them down.

Maybe you should take a break and come back to it.

DukeBobby

Yeah, I had problems too. Luckily I still had 2 medkits when I started the chapter. Despite how much I love the second half of the game, it is probably my least favourite area in the whole game. There are far too many enemies, and it is one of the few areas in the game where it is very difficult to sneak past them. Well, it was for me at least.

abrack08

(late game)
Jesus...this fight against
the Firefiles after learning about the surgery
is so fucking difficult. I barely have any health, no medkits, no silent weapons. Some ammo for my pistols and revolver, no shotgun or rifle ammo, and some
flamethrower
ammo

I'm able to stealth kill a few but then I'm running out of ammo by the time more guys come and I'm not able to get to a good spot with being seen or shot at.

Just gotta be sneaky. I did it in one try, only had to take out one dude. Just have to avoid the flashlights, it's honestly pretty lenient (on normal, at least). There were plenty of times I thought I was caught, the light was on me, the music started to swell, but I darted behind something and they just went "... What was that?" but didn't move. The one guy I took down was right before the final door, it alerted everyone behind him but I just sprinted to the door and was done with it.

I think you're supposed to feel super outmatched here and be forced to sneak.

Vire

Well that was quick.. the documentary is already on YouTube. Not sure how I feel about it considering all the other Uncharted games had it available for free.

Still, I know the Area 5 guys worked hard on this stuff.

Just gotta be sneaky. I did it in one try, only had to take out one dude. Just have to avoid the flashlights, it's honestly pretty lenient (on normal, at least). There were plenty of times I thought I was caught, the light was on me, the music started to swell, but I darted behind something and they just went "... What was that?" but didn't move. The one guy I took down was right before the final door, it alerted everyone behind him but I just sprinted to the door and was done with it.

One try, huh? I envy you
I'm playing on Hard. Where in the area is the door located?

Yerolo

On my playthrough, the 2 guys closest to the final door got bugged and were frozen in place, so I was able to just strangle one with the other watching the whole time..then I strangled him and walked casually through the door lol

Are you kidding me? This whole time, there was a balcony on the left side I could have been using to get around!!

Guess that's a testament to ND's level design...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Looking forward to when the next generation of consoles are out and seeing the results for games of.this generation. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 5 were made up of atleast two ND games and maybe two R* games (Red Dead and ????)

DatDude

Banned
Are you kidding me? This whole time, there was a balcony on the left side I could have been using to get around!!

Guess that's a testament to ND's level design...

It makes me feel dumb personally. Spend 30 minutes failing, and constantly dying. Eventually find a different offbeat path, finish everything in 30 seconds.

Looking forward to when the next generation of consoles are out and seeing the results for games of.this generation. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 5 were made up of atleast two ND games and maybe two R* games (Red Dead and ????)

Rockstar Table Tennis

ElfArmy177

So its still not loading .. just stuck on the loading screen...did a hard reboot like 5 times tried different saves and cleaned the disc

Is this fucking game bout to brick my ps3....because I

kno from friends first hand ND games have had a tendency to do a number on ps3 especially if it is already old...this can't be happening

Ive been having weird loading issues with the game also. Sometimes it would load for 5 minutes before the game started, going from 95% back down to 45% and then back up. Really strange.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just got to the E3 2012 demo area and jeez this a lot harder than I remember the demo being. The game is starting to pick up though and that's a good thing. :)

Kambing

Holy shit at the MP in this game...

I would definitely say the suspense found in SP carries over very well in multiplayer. I never played MGO, so it was really weird to see mostly everyone crouching and shit in a match, fearing for their lives lol. Using the bow here is far more satsifying too INMO.

I am medium skilled i would say, so if anyone wants to play sometime on US West time zone, feel free to add me: Kesucian

Ok so what door am I supposed to go through? I went down the left side and eventuallt ended up running down some long hallway. Is that the correct way?

Akahige

Holy shit at the MP in this game...

I would definitely say the suspense found in SP carries over very well in multiplayer. I never played MGO, so it was really weird to see mostly everyone crouching and shit in a match, fearing for their lives lol. Using the bow here is far more satsifying too INMO.

I am medium skilled i would say, so if anyone wants to play sometime on US West time zone, feel free to add me: Kesucian
good to know it's good, haven't had a chance to play the mp

DatDude

Banned
I wish people wouldn't come in here mid-game and read stuff like that. Might just be me but fuck I'm terrible at managing expectations. This isn't a post calling you out btw.

That's only a problem though if the 2nd half truly wasn't all that. though

GulAtiCa

Ok, decided to start the game on Survival. Just made it to the courthouse. Going pretty good. Interesting playing without listen mode. I'm pretty good at stealth now when it comes to saving my ammo/supplies.

I have a Fat original PS3. Will my system be able to handle this game?

Okay so my fat model isn't the only one with crazy loud turbo fans when playing?

Ok, decided to start the game on Survival. Just made it to the courthouse. Going pretty good. Interesting playing without listen mode. I'm pretty good at stealth now when it comes to saving my ammo/supplies.

do you unlock it after any playthrough or only on hard?

Top Bottom