• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Okay so my fat model isn't the only one with crazy loud turbo fans when playing?

Haha that's exactly what I just thought! Is it common for some PS3 games to make your PS3 Fat Model sound like it's a vacuum? Anytime I play any game on it it starts to sound like it's dying. :p

So... hah... how common is it for a PS3 to die if a game is making it sound like a jet engine? Mine didn't die or get hot after a 3 hour session, still got another 15 hours to go though! Kind of worried of it dying before I finish this game.

DatDude

Banned
Do the elite head phones really make all that much of a difference compared to the regular pulse version?

I heard there are different modes, and bass options? Does it really enhance the sound?

Ok now I'm really getting pissed

I can run through first two areas. I got that down.

Then you enter a long hallway with a desk to the right with supplies for a smoke bomb. After that is a really narrow passage that enters into a larger room with a few more guys

Keep dying and the freaking checkpoint always puts me two rooms back. So so frustrating

Where the hell am I supposed to go? I'm been in love with this game for the past 15 hours and now I'm just annoyed and frustrated. So fucking close to the end

Grisby

Damn, I suck in MP. Gonna have to try another class then stealth because I'm not quick enough with a bow.

Shanking a dude is pretty great though.

I'm glad other people were experiencing the loud fan when playing this game, I thought I was just going crazy for a second. Mine did that at first but I finally got the courage to open up my PS3 and clean it out. Now its as silent as the first day I had it. Seeing what was under the power supply was one of the most disgusting things I've seen, so much dust.

daveo42

Banned
Is winter the final season or does it go into spring?

You do make it to Spring after finishing up the winter chapter. I think winter was one of the best sections based on some of the events.

Edit: fixed spoiler tags. You are pretty much right DrBo.

Soler

Banned
My fat model sounds like a jet engine getting ready for lift off, but it's holding in there. Got through two full playthroughs and I'm gonna start Survivor mode next.
I have a 60 gb ps3 I bought used a couple weeks ago
It doesn't sound any different than any other game
Then again this was slightly used

DrBo42

I'm sorry that my master editing skills failed you but its not easy to do it on mobile

Didn't mean to come off that harsh. I'm very protective of the people in here that haven't finished yet. And the edit message was meant for the people that quoted you.

JWong

Banned
Is the increased number of survivors, sick, etc, in multi dependant on playing games?

It doesn't change if I don't play it for a while, right?

Dragon

Banned
Man my PS3 just hard crashed while playing the opening. 20 gb please last until this fall! Had to rebuild the database and then I didn't want to play through the opening again right after.

DatDude

Banned

Then you enter a long hallway with a desk to the right with supplies for a smoke bomb. After that is a really narrow passage that enters into a larger room with a few more guys

Keep dying and the freaking checkpoint always puts me two rooms back. So so frustrating

Where the hell am I supposed to go? I'm been in love with this game for the past 15 hours and now I'm just annoyed and frustrated. So fucking close to the end

I would help you, but I'm sort of confused where you are in the game :/

That's it for tonight. Still stuck at the same part. It's a shame. At first I was into the unfolding conclusion, pushed by the emotional connection and momentum of the the plot. Now two and half hours later, I'm just pissed off and frustrated.

jediyoshi

Is the increased number of survivors, sick, etc, in multi dependant on playing games?

It doesn't change if I don't play it for a while, right?

Don't believe so. Though realistically, it'll be going up and down pretty frequently over the course of normal play anyway. Into week 10, I just lost 60+ cause I wasn't keeping up with missions and it was over for my clan

How do you level up in mp anyway?
Going through the weeks
I'm on week 11 and I still don't know

I believe the number next to your name is the weeks you've completed (so you'd have to be on week 10 to have it be 9), though I'm not sure how it works if you've failed and are starting over in weeks.

The actual unlocking of stuff for your gear is done by supplies (the blue icon). Those are gained by picking them up from enemies you've killed and/or converted from supplies you've earned during a round (not just your left over supplies, but the total you earned).

NJShadow

I can say, without hesitation, that 'The Last of Us' is the greatest game I have ever played. Easily better than any other game I have ever put my hands on. This cements Naughty Dog as one of, if not THE greatest developer of all time, at least in my eyes.

I would help you, but I'm sort of confused where you are in the game :/
Hospital, second area where the Firefilies are. After that you have to go down the West Wing hallway, into another room. That's where I am. And the checkpoint makes it even worse. Anytime I make any progress then die, pushed back 4,5,6 minutes

Gorillaz

Didn't mean to come off that harsh. I'm very protective of the people in here that haven't finished yet.
I'm in that same group of people as well. that type of question isn't so much of a spoiler because its all about time/setting that was setup. From the very start. But I understand just wanted to kno because that time period is literally all people talked about

DrBo42

I might start a Survival playthrough. Thing is though the game is already pretty intense on Normal. I'm scared.

Hope you're not a fan of crafting. You won't be doing it often. Haha.

I'm in that same group of people as well. that type of question isn't so much of a spoiler because its all about time/setting that was setup. From the very start. But I understand just wanted to kno because that time period is literally all people talked about

It's all good.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm at 83% done,
Elle was just kidnapped
. I take every negative thing back that I said earlier (besides some funky companion A.I.) about The Last of Us. Holy shit is this game great. Literally some of the best character development in gaming ever, and damn this game can be tense. Not a boring moment since the 25% point.

I think this is better then Uncharted 2. This IS better then Resident Evil 4. Probably one of the greatest games involving heavy shooting I have ever played honestly. The only other "shooter" I can currently think of that revivals it in quality is probably half-life 2.

Edit: hopefully I fixed the spoiler tags before anyone was spoiled. Sorry. :/

Sean

Banned
I just started Survival mode and want to understand the differences. This is what I've noticed so far:

1. No loot or ammo pickups
2. No button prompts for grabbing/strangling
3. No listen mode

Is that all of the restrictions? Or am I missing some?

TripOpt55

I started up my Survivor playthrough after doing normal. The drawers and cabinets feel really empty... haha. I have a feeling this is going to kick my ass. Been stealthing through a lot of areas so far, but have shit for supplies at the moment.

Pro tip: if you get to the point where you have to pick you multiplayer challenge, don't play survivor matches. They are much shorter and you will get less chances to accomplish things.

Also, I really wish instead of your 'group' being singular to you, it worked like a clan. You had to start alone but could merge with other people and have bigger groups who had to bring back quotas of supplies.

Pro tip: if you get to the point where you have to pick you multiplayer challenge, don't play survivor matches. They are much shorter and you will get less chances to accomplish things.

Also, I really wish instead of your 'group' being singular to you, it worked like a clan. You had to start alone but could merge with other people and have bigger groups who had to bring back quotas of supplies.

But this mode is so much more fun than supply raid.

Vire

I think you just need to take a break and come back to it, after marathoning for a while you just loose your groove if you know what I mean?

I beat that section on my second try, but that was on normal. *shrug*

Just take a deep breath and don't get so frustrated. Get in your zen mode and find out what happens. :)

Manu

9 hours in, 61% done. I don't want this game to ever end. Ever.

EDIT: Also ran into a crazy glitch. I got close to a wall and apparently there were some supplies on the other side, I picked them up through the wall.

JWong

Banned
I think you just need to take a break and come back to it, after marathoning for a while you just loose your groove if you know what I mean?

I beat that section on my second try, but that was on normal. *shrug*

Just take a deep breath and don't get so frustrated. Get in your zen mode and find out what happens. :)

Yeah, I had to take a break 3 times because the game was too intense. The stress really hurts the ability to play.

Soler

Banned
Don't believe so. Though realistically, it'll be going up and down pretty frequently over the course of normal play anyway. Into week 10, I just lost 60+ cause I wasn't keeping up with missions and it was over for my clan

I believe the number next to your name is the weeks you've completed (so you'd have to be on week 10 to have it be 9), though I'm not sure how it works if you've failed and are starting over in weeks.

The actual unlocking of stuff for your gear is done by supplies (the blue icon). Those are gained by picking them up from enemies you've killed and/or converted from supplies you've earned during a round (not just your left over supplies, but the total you earned).
Saw someone with 19
Is he on his second mp play through?
I can spend my scrap freely? Damn I've been scrounging and not spending because I thought if you used it its gone
I read you finish the 12 weeks to get more points to spend on carrying levelled items.
I have 12 load out points ATM
Hope I get more
Wish there was a detailed guide that explains this stuff
It's pretty obscure

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
15h 37min 92% completion. Just started
Spring

Too tired to finish up tonight but unless the game absolutely shits itself in the last bit, Metroid Prime will no longer be the lone game I consider flawless.

Vire

15h 37min 92% completion. Just started
Spring

Too tired to finish up tonight but unless the game absolutely shits itself in the last bit, Metroid Prime will no longer be the lone game I consider flawless.

Nope, the ending is ace.

Triz

This may seem trivial, but the sound of the hunting rifle is so damn amazing. I prefer to use it just for how it sounds.

Arne can you please explain the brightness settings to me? How dark is this game supposed to appear in the "dark" areas of the game? For example early on right after the GOW demo end where theres multiple clickers. I believe its the area you guys used to demo the infected for the first time. Areas like this kind of look washed out.

Am I supposed to sorta be able to see through the darkness in these areas, even if I have my flashlight turned off?

Top Bottom