• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Okay, so I'm in the sewer pipe and I have no idea what to do.

To clarify, I'm in a room with a generator across the water, a gate to my right, and Sam, Ellie, and Henry all just looking across the water not saying a darn thing. I can't reach the generator, I can't open the gate, and I can't find a ladder, a plank, a raft or anything anywhere that I can do. HALP.

Kard8p3

To clarify, I'm in a room with a generator across the water, a gate to my right, and Sam, Ellie, and Henry all just looking across the water not saying a darn thing. I can't reach the generator, I can't open the gate, and I can't find a ladder, a plank, a raft or anything anywhere that I can do. HALP.

hint

try underwater? ;)

teekun

Dive under the water and look around a bit

Mr.Swag

Banned
67 percent.
Just got too
universoty of Colorado. Well I think it is. I stopped playing because I've been playing for 3 hours straight and need to chill. How the fuck did we get to coloradotho?

Kard8p3

I looked. All I could find was
some tunnels that were blocked by gates and a firefly pendant. I must be blind or something because I am entirely lost.

By the gate that you can't raise, there should be a pipe that you can pull out and then Henry will raise the gate

Duffyside

Banned
Really debating whether to drop the difficulty. Game is getting too frustrating, but I'm a little more than halfway through on Hard and don't want all that to have been for naught. Gah.

Jarmel

Banned
Finished it earlier tonight. Definitely one of my top games this generation. Certainly has some flaws though that bring it down at times. Although the one word I would use to describe the game is sublime.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
11 hours in. Man this game just keeps getting better and better. There's no way it can keep this up for much longer.

Fracas

#fuckonami
85% in, stopping for the night after playing for nearly 7 hours lol. I'll finish it tomorrow. Very good game, I can do a write up after I'm done, I guess.

Depending on the ending, I'd say this is about on par with Uncharted 2, maybe a bit better.

Bah. Don't know what I'm supposed to do when I have almost no ammo and am supposed to kill a dozen dudes. :/

plenty of people, including myself, have beaten the game on hard. why not sneak around and take them out one by one? throw bricks and shit around to distract them.

Fletcher

One of the most intense feelings I've this generation is running full speed at someone and just wailing on them. The feeling of the hand to hand combat in this game is fantastic. Brutal, horrifying, and satisfying.

Duffyside

Banned
plenty of people, including myself, have beaten the game on hard. why not sneak around and take them out one by one? throw bricks and shit around to distract them.

Sniper area, with Sam and Henry in the Suburbs.
Maybe the only area thus far where there doesn't seem to be any sneaking. They know where I am at all times.

One of the most intense feelings I've had is running full speed at someone and just wailing on them. The feeling of the hand to hand combat is fantastic. Brutal, horrifying, and...

... satisfying.

o_O

Mush

tEJijF6.jpg

One of a series of 4 different adverts around my city. I thought this was the best one so I decided nab it before something else was plastered over it.

Might see if I can get the others.

Sorry for the bad quality picture, I'm using my old phone while my S3 is being repaired.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just wondering, does anyone know how New Game Plus "Plus" works?

If I go down a difficulty in New Game Plus, am I locked out of higher difficulties if I try to play it again if I try to continue from that file?

Gorillaz

Alright so now that I'm back on my PC I can edit/tag shit better so I think I'm on the last leg of story
the whole David v Ellie thing and now reached Salt Lake City ND knows how to paint a picture man that view of the giraffes and the city...

Also getting vibes of that very very first teaser trailer of the game

TheBear

What's the recommended upgrade path for weapons and abilities?

Also I'm yet to find a training manual. I'm 28% in,
just entered the jungle(?)

A little under halfway (like 47%) with ~10 hours played so far. About an hour into
Pittsburgh

I don't think it's a stretch to say that unless I run into some crazy annoying sections of the game, or straight up broken mechanics, this is the best thing Naughty Dog has done. The human encounters have gone up another notch. Really fun.

Now I feel like a bad person.
:(

Don't. Separating the kills from brutality of the violence and looking at it purely in terms of the feedback you get from the gameplay, the game's execution is absolutely satisfying.

NekoFever

You're both right!
I get Half-Life 2 more than anything. From the tenements at the beginning to the authoritarian government, to makeshift labs and facilities in areas of the countryside that look straight out of it. The 'zombies' are people with a parasite controlling them. You've even got the small town inhabited by a weird guy and a load of booby traps.

plenilune

I don't think my MP season pass bonuses are woking. I have 10 loadout points, which I believe is the default. I made sure the DLCs were downloaded.

Really debating whether to drop the difficulty. Game is getting too frustrating, but I'm a little more than halfway through on Hard and don't want all that to have been for naught. Gah.
Kind of considering this as well, though I'm only about 6 hours in. I've been dying a ton and I'm starting to feel like it's taking me out of the game atmosphere a little bit.

Just had a moment in the game where the music(listening through my surround sound headphones) was so intense, coupled with the general atmosphere, that I literally wanted to turn the game off, which never happens to me.

Damn, this game man.

MisterC20XX

Damn it, this game scares the hell out of me! I've played similar games but they felt corny. TLOU feels as real as I would imagine it to be in these situations. The darkness, the sense of dread, the horrible sounds the infected make, it all wears on my nerves like no other game I've played. I'm super early in the game, only in the
Downtown
level, and I keep playing in 10 or 15 minute chunks because that's all I can take and then I load up Littile Big Planet 2 to clear my head--Lol! Naughty Dog has achieved something masterful here.

amnesiac

Scariest game I've ever played.

Just got to the part after (50% spoiler)
Joel falls down the elevator shaft. The infected people are really hard, especially the huge one.
Prolly gonna wait a few days to play it again.

Man, I'm loving this game so far.

I did come to one thing I loathe though:

The bloaters are so stupid. It's like they took the Lazarevich fight from U2 and made it a semi-normal enemy. Just run away and take pot shots until it's dead. WTF.

That aside, DAMN this game is good so far.
I'm about to make an assault on the bridge with that guy and his bro.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm at ~68% now, I think. Game has really been constantly picking up, and man the amount of detail in all of the art is simply staggering.

I am kinda surprised at just how many people the game has been throwing at me. That aspect still feels extremely hokey and videogamey, but I enjoy the combat much more than uncharted so I'll deal with it.

Kind of considering this as well, though I'm only about 6 hours in. I've been dying a ton and I'm starting to feel like it's taking me out of the game atmosphere a little bit.

I think early game is just challenging in general when you don't have a whole lot to work with and you're still getting acclimated to the mechanics and stuff. I thought about dropping the difficulty to normal when I got stuck for a while at the first encounter with infected, and i've been stuck like that a couple times since, but i'm glad I didn't because I feel like I have a much better grasp of the game now. It became a lot easier to deal with when I got a few more weapons, and eventually a better understanding of what all my options were for a given encounter and how to get through them. I definitely did have that same feeling of being taken out of the game through dying many times or restarting encounters, but I think it was worth it in the end. I really can't wait to play NG+ now, and eventually do survivor mode

Top Bottom