• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Andrew.

Banned
Is it possible to do a New Game ++? Like after one NG+ and I still don't have all upgrades, can I do another NG+ and continue upgrading?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm in the middle of my Hard+ run and even with the guide, I get the feeling all the weapons wont be able to be fully upgraded within two playthroughs.

Gartooth

Quick question, are weapons missable in this game?

Reason being, is that last night I got up to (early game spoilers)
the capitol building and found the hunting rifle,
after which I decided to end the game for the night and quit. When I went back to playing today, I got up to the
church where you are with Bill
and despite getting plenty new weapons, I still don't have the
hunting rifle which I must have missed or forgotten about after loading my save.

Ghazi

Ok, so does anyone know where the combination the first safe in Amherst county while
you're looking for Bill
is? I don't want to go too far from it lest I start a cutscene and miss it but I can't find it. I have not gone towards
Lincoln High School
though

SkylineRKR

I discarded the bow as being useless at first, but its because the tutorial enemy isn't suited for it. The bow is actually pretty fucking good. I decided to waste some parts on it to upgrade, and from there its a deadly asset. I picked off loads of guys during the latter half of the game, and no one noticed me. Some headshots from a ridiculous distance. Felt good.

This game! THIS GAME!!! Finished it last night, GOTY so far. What happens in the last half of this game is some of the most engaging moments in game history. The story is incredible, it's also the best movie I have seen all year.

I just have a few issues with the game that hold it back for me from being a "10" level game but this is a fantastic start. I feel like a sequel would nail the gameplay in the same way Uncharted 2 did when compared to the first.

Yeah during the first few hours I didn't know where all the hype was coming from, its fantastic sure (best game ND put out imo), but it was not GOTY fantastic yet.

But the game grew on me, and some scenes grabbed me by the throat. I almost tore up a few times, and thats something hardly any game ever achieved. Its VA is the best I've heard, its convincing as fuck to me. The characters are some of the best ever too. Its my GOTY, and perhaps the best game I played since RE4.

Andrew.

Banned
Ok, so does anyone know where the combination the first safe in Amherst county while
you're looking for Bill
is? I don't want to go too far from it lest I start a cutscene and miss it but I can't find it. I have not gone towards
Lincoln High School
though

It's actually the second safe and the combo is at the end of the street where the pizza shop is. Its on the makeshift fence thats blocking the street beyond.

Ghazi

It's actually the second safe and the combo is at the end of the street where the pizza shop is. Its on the makeshift fence thats blocking the street beyond.

Ok cool, Sad that I missed one, or I did find it and forgot about it since I just picked the game up again after getting around this are yesterday. Well I just found it, Thanks!!!!

newsguy

I'm about 50% done. Anyone else playing on a launch ps3? At times I fear someone turned on a jet engine in my living room I've never heard it make that noise before.

antitrop

I'm about 50% done. Anyone else playing on a launch ps3? At times I fear someone turned on a jet engine in my living room I've never heard it make that noise before.

I didn't even know fans could run that loudly.

Even when I crank the car-engine-block sized Noctua NH-D14 in my PC to 100% it's not even close to that loud.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh forgot something that warranted a mention last night. Bought the scope upgrade for the hunting rifle.
Ellie: "Awesome, you got the scope hooked up!" :O
My PS3 may actually take off into space upon completing this game.

Lyonaz

You know what I love? The way Ellie take cover between Joel and the wall right under his arm like a cub and it's protective parent.

ezekial45

Banned

I'm playing on the MGS4 PS3 bundle. It hasn't given me problems my entire time with it, but I can relate with the console sounding like a jet engine. Open some windows in your room, or bring out the console in a open space (if you keep it in a desk or something). You just need to get some cool air circulation going.

pleunv

Yeah, scary as hell. First thing I did was turning the thing off and dusting out my fans.

Dragon

Banned
I want this to be known. I am buying a new PS3 for this game. My launch 20 just crapped out. Naughty Dog this game better be worth 350 BUCKS!

Gartooth

Going to repeat myself again because I haven't gotten a response yet.

Are guns missable in this game? I didn't pick one up so do I have to go the rest of the way without it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Are guns missable in this game? I didn't pick one up so do I have to go the rest of the way without it?
I mean, I have no idea. Assume the answer is yes because it's happening to you :-/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Certainly.

BossLackey

Gold Member

Yeah, I had no idea where the sound was coming from. I've got a slim, and I've never heard it makes such loud sounds.

Gartooth

I wouldn't take that as definite. What gun in particular? Some guns ammo is very rare anyways, so it might take a while for it to show.

It was the hunting rifle. I had it before I saved and quit for the night. When I played again today I didn't have it in my inventory and played for a few hours, completely forgetting that I had to pick it up again.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I wouldn't take that as definite. What gun in particular? Some guns ammo is very rare anyways, so it might take a while for it to show.

Well if he KNOWS he already missed one, he is out of luck. Same with the tool upgrades.

Vire

The Last of Us Olly Moss edition:

BND-620CcAA7imW.png:large

When you download off PSN there is an option to download in the background, then go to download management and then find what you're downloading (the last of us) then press triangle and there should be a pause option.

Oh, you're referring to the download of the installer. I'm talking about after you install the ~150mb installer and then it begins downloading the full game.

Tunic

My save file is saying I am 56% complete. Thoroughly enjoying the game so far! I'll try and put a big dent into it again tonight. I know I missed a bunch of the collectibles so far but I am planning on going through on another playthrough again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It was the hunting rifle. I had it before I saved and quit for the night. When I played again today I didn't have it in my inventory and played for a few hours, completely forgetting that I had to pick it up again.

I have the hunting rifle, and I've picked up maybe one thing of ammo for it since I got it hours ago. I'm on survivor, but I assume whenever you get to the next guy with a hunting rifle hell drop it. Put it this way, throughout the game you find a handgun that you just to the ammo from, I'm sure you can pick up random rifles too.

B33

Banned

Launch model (60 GB) here.

I've noticed the fan has been kicking into a higher speed at more frequent intervals, and the small space I've been playing in has become uncomfortably toasty.

I may need to open a window.

I hope the unit makes it to the PS4's release.

I played through the winter chapter today in 2 sessions and feel physically and mentally drained. If we don't see a lot of negative press in the mainstream media I'm going to be very surprised.
Had to stop playing before that final stretch and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Yesterday it was my game of the generation, today it's my favorite game ever.

I'm only playing on normal, but + seems identically balanced to me, and given the upgrades and being better at the game, it's mad easy.
When do you get your weapons?

My brother finished on Normal and started a normal NG+. He just got his backpack and only had the pistol with 4 bullets. He has his upgrades and can equip unlocks so it's definitely NG+...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

My brother finished on Normal and started a normal NG+. He just got his backpack and only had the pistol with 4 bullets. He has his upgrades and can equip unlocks so it's definitely NG+...

You get the weapons at the normal point ingame they are originally found. They retain the upgrades.

Andrew.

Banned

You find all the weapons in all the same places in + as the story progresses and all of their upgrades are there. You dont start off with a full inventory however if thats what you mean.

StuBurns

Banned

You get them when you did last time.

EDIT: Beaten, and twice in fact, shameful.

StuBurns

Banned
It's so much better than Infinite it's almost a joke.

It's one of those games that shakes you out of the middling stupor we're all forced into after the constant barrage of shit this industry produces.

Vire

It's so much better than Infinite it's almost a joke.

It's one of those games that shakes you out of the middling stupor we're all forced into after the constant barrage of shit this industry produces.

I was perfectly happy with Infinite after beating it. In hindsight now, The Last of Us makes every other game look like shit. :/

Journey had this effect on me for like 6 months.

Top Bottom