• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Nibel

I didn't get spoiled

But how the fuck is it IMPOSSIBLE for any OT to have discussions without spoilers? I mean seriously: you can't even click on a simple OT to share your excitement because there is always the danger of spoilers, both in Gaming and Offtopic

I want Black's head + there should be a spoiler thread

The genuine, experience-destroying trolls just had to be let in a week or two before this, didn't they.

Honestly with them releasing this game after E3, the street date being broken, and the new juniors coming in (yes I am aware that I am one of them haha) it has just been a perfect spoileriffic storm.

Pranay

I didn't get spoiled

But how the fuck is it IMPOSSIBLE for any OT to have discussions without spoilers? I mean seriously: you can't even click on a simple OT to share your excitement because there is always the danger of spoilers, both in Gaming and Offtopic

I want Black's head + there should be a spoiler thread

in 1000 posts , only 1 spoiler posted @_@

Black

Banned
apologies all. I was trying to talk about the game play mechanics, I didn't mention story but i'll shut my mouth. also I'm in australia which is why I have it early.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So just someone tell me before I vanish. What's the average length of this thing? Might wait just because I've got other stuff, but this feels like something I need to 'play with gaf'

DatDude

Banned
I'm just waiting for an account suicide, or a kamikaze junior who will just spoil everything there is to spoil.

You know it's going to happen to, it's just bound to.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So just someone tell me before I vanish. What's the average length of this thing? Might wait just because I've got other stuff, but this feels like something I need to 'play with gaf'
15-20 hours.

DatDude

Banned

15-22+ hours reported. All about your pace, and difficulty you choose, but it's a real meaty and lengthy game apparently (not lengthy because it's padded either)

Not going to reveal any extras. Just wait for the guides to reveal that.

The way Uncharted and Infinite had people discussing is how this will be. As a total package it's still an excellent product. Is it 10/10? Well, I just don't rate in numbers!

DatDude

Banned
Not going to reveal any extras. Just wait for the guides to reveal that.

The way Uncharted and Infinite had people discussing is how this will be. As a total package it's still an excellent product. Is it 10/10? Well, I just don't rate in numbers!

Is the ending clear cut? Or is somewhat like Infinite in that it's sort of like an onion, in that it's multilayered?

spannicus

Blame whoever the fuck thought it was a good idea to wait until after E3 to release the game. Thats who you blame, then you blame the stores who sold copies early, then you blame youtube, and then you blame P2P lol. Someone should make a spoiler thread though atleast give the people who played the game a place to chat openly and those on the fence can get a little more info about the game before making a purchase. Shouldnt be a problem, if you dont wanna get spoiled stay the fuck out.

Blame whoever the fuck thought it was a good idea to wait until after E3 to release the game. Thats who you blame, then you blame the stores who sold copies early, then you blame youtube, and then you blame P2P lol. Someone should make a spoiler thread though atleast give the people who played the game a place to chat openly and those on the fence can get a little more info about the game before making a purchase. Shouldnt be a problem, if you dont wanna get spoiled stay the fuck out.

I actually agree with this, the street date is broken and tensions are high, we need a spoiler thread.

Edit: damn on second thought though idk haha what are your guys opinions on this?

DatDude

Banned

Seriously. It's fucking ridicoulous. So many stores have broken the street dates. E3 is coming and will overshadow the hype. Juniors are coming and they are just dumb or trolls. It's just a mess

Honestly with them releasing this game after E3, the street date being broken, and the new juniors coming in (yes I am aware that I am one of them haha) it has just been a perfect spoileriffic storm.

Yeah. E3 livestreams are gonna be a minefield. I'll have to stay out of the E3 live megathreads as well because that's where the account suiciding trolls will probably be, aside from this thread

Still not heard a single reason this shouldn't have come out last Friday. Discs were printed weeks ago iirc. Even so, I'd have preferred they kept them stored in the warehouses to prevent the broken street dates

spannicus

I actually agree with this, the street date is broken and tensions are high, we need a spoiler thread.

seriously, that way everyone who has played it can go there and talk about it. It will be good for people who already own the game and good for those who are unsure and need a little nudging. If you dont want to know anything just dont go into the thread, theres too much hostility going on in this one imo.

Is the ending clear cut? Or is somewhat like Infinite in that it's sort of like an onion, in that it's multilayered?

Sorry, no comment on that. All I will say is I enjoyed the story and Naughty Dog really know what they're doing. Narrative, dialogue and the actors are just so good. I'd go so far as to say someone like Kojima might really want to seek their help. Naughty Dog have proved time and again they can provide convincing stories with convincing VAs. Very few games match this standard and that's a big deal, personally. Troy Baker, I honestly don't know what he's done before but damn he's good. And Ashleigh.

But e3 is like gaming christmas? Why would you want to deprive yourself from such a thing? Just go on spike tv and watch the presentation there!

I think I'll just read the news on gamefront.de. It's too dangerous otherwise. And my interest in next gen is...non-existent at the moment (thanks to this game^^)

DatDude

Banned
Sorry, no comment on that. All I will say is I enjoyed the story and Naughty Dog really know what they're doing. Narrative, dialogue and the actors are just so good. I'd go so far as to say someone like Kojima might really want to seek their help. Naughty Dog have proved time and again they can provide convincing stories with convincing VAs. Very few games match this standard and that's a big deal, personally. Troy Baker, I honestly don't know what he's done before but damn he's good. And Ashleigh.

You can't comment on whether the ending is clear cut, or not? Really? Just spoil tag your answer. A simple yes or no would suffice.

Sidzed2

apologies all. I was trying to talk about the game play mechanics, I didn't mention story but i'll shut my mouth. also I'm in australia which is why I have it early.

I'm in Australia and I'm not aware of street date having been broken. Where'd you pick it up?

DatDude

Banned
I think I'll just read the news on gamefront.de. It's too dangerous otherwise. And my interest in next gen is...non-existent at the moment (thanks to this game^^)

Well my interest for next gen is pretty much in the shitter thanks to this whole publisher DRM bullshit.

If sony has it for the ps4 i'm seriously just going to stick with my ps3 until the bitter end (and until i can afford to build myself a gaming pc)

untitled-295zbq.gif

leng jai

Have to admit I bought Ascenscion at launch and actually played the demo more. Had my survival edition preordered for a while and been on my usual media blackout. Feels good many.

Top Bottom