• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

DieH@rd

Banned
It feels borderline criminal this is only on one system. This is definitely one of (if not THE) strongest and most cohesive story-and-gameplay-driven experiences around.

Console holder bought the studio and gave the money for game's production. They have all the right in the world to keep this game exclusive. If this game is not a system seller, nothing is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh god, replaying the game on survival+ and I still find myself exploring every nook and cranny. There goes another 24 hours.
I may have to jump in for a survival mode run, not sure how I feel about the survival+ trick, but I feel more compelled to have another go at the game than I usually do for this kind of experience.

DieH@rd

Banned
This entire game.... used less than 256MB of video ram. Naughty Dog texture work on PS4 is gonna be legendary.

They used only 5MB of main RAM for animations... Everyone's animation! Joel [traversal, all ranged weapons, all melee weapons, all procedural close combat stuff] + Ellie + all enemies!!!!!!

This entire game.... used less than 256MB of video ram. Naughty Dog texture work on PS4 is gonna be legendary.

They used only 5MB of main RAM for animations... Everyone's animation! Joel [traversal, all ranged weapons, all melee weapons, all procedural close combat stuff] + Ellie + all enemies!!!!!!

Fucking amazing.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

imag0046kxpprawu67.jpg

RedSwirl

In the middle of the winter chapter now, and I just can't shake the plot and character similarities between this game and the manga Blade of the Immortal.

In the middle of the winter chapter now, and I just can't shake the plot and character similarities between this game and the manga Blade of the Immortal.

I now have this problem with an episode of Adventure Time

And is BotI worth reading all of? I read one of the books years ago and thought it was cool.

I'm in the underground water area of the hotel. Am I stupid or do they not make it clear what you have to do here?

Just keep checking around everywhere. You don't have to do anything special.

Easy_G

I just purchased the season pass for DLC in order to download the making of doc. Does anyone know where I find it now? I've searched the Playstation store as well as the Bonus sections in the game itself.

Amir0x

Banned
Theres a spoiler thread for a reason.

Some of you are doing it wrong.

A spoiler thread is for spoiler-tag free discussion. This is for all discussion of the game, but it must be behind spoiler tags. That's the distinction, not the ability to discuss highly sensitive portions of the game at all :p

That said, people reaaaally need to learn how to tag spoilers.

And also: POSTING images of areas in a game are spoilers! And since you can't hide them behind a spoiler tag, they're just the worst! Image links only are the way to go imo.

Edit: But I guess Dresden has a different opinion so I guess follow that. But for the record, that was always how it was before. Spoiler tags was the distinction.

Hixx

Great return to form for Naughty Dog after Uncharted 3. Superb! This is my second favourite game of the gen and I'd post more detailed thoughts if I wasn't being bugged to go play fifa.

Having finished it I hope, if there's a sequel, there's MUCH less focus on the infected. The vast majority of the combat scenarios with them in it were the weak-points of the game imo. However they did also lend to some of the most memorable and tense scenarios so there's a middle ground to be found.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
A spoiler thread is for spoiler-tag free discussion. This is for all discussion of the game, but it must be behind spoiler tags. That's the distinction, not the ability to discuss highly sensitive portions of the game at all :p

That said, people reaaaally need to learn how to tag spoilers.

And also: POSTING images of areas in a game are spoilers! And since you can't hide them behind a spoiler tag, they're just the worst! Image links only are the way to go imo.

Edit: But I guess Dresden has a different opinion so I guess follow that. But for the record, that was always how it was before. Spoiler tags was the distinction.

The post that started this discussion wasn't tagged for a while... it was properly tagged later.

It was for a while just a random, non-tagged comment on the game's ending.

sure there is.

by not going into a game thinking there is nothing you can do to mentally prepare yourself for the experience. :p

it's a game, not the cure for cancer

We are gaming enthusiasts, some of us actually enjoy games and even get excited about them sometimes, crazy I know.

bryanee

Just finished it, some AI issues aside I think its a 10. Loved it from start to finish.

I think my final playtime was around 17 hours, for some reason though in the stats it says 30 and I know for sure thats wrong. Not touched the multiplayer yet.

Amir0x

Banned
The post that started this discussion wasn't tagged for a while... it was properly tagged later.

It was for a while just a random, non-tagged comment on the game's ending.

yeah I know, that's why I said people need to learn how to use spoiler tags. Hopefully with the spoiler tag button people start to gradually get better at it.

Also: Preview Post is the spoiler tag friend of choice!

Amir0x

Banned
We are gaming enthusiasts, some of us actually enjoy games and even get excited about them sometimes, crazy I know.

I get excited about games all the time. The distinction between getting excited and trying to suggest that there's no way to mentally prepare for an experience is so massive as to be pointless to even compare the two. That will actually lead to people coming back saying "you guys really oversold that."

Nothing can live up to such ridiculous terms, besides such terms being impossible.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I get excited about games all the time. The distinction between getting excited and trying to suggest that there's no way to mentally prepare for an experience is so massive as to be pointless to even compare the two. That will actually lead to people coming back saying "you guys really oversold that."

Nothing can live up to such ridiculous terms, besides such terms being impossible.

Well, anyone who takes that comment literally is dumb as a brick.

vladdamad

I just finished the
sewer section
, would it be fair to say that I'm about 50% through the game? Also, just wanted to say that this was the first time I've seen this type of location used in a game without it sucking.

Amir0x

Banned
Well, anyone who takes that comment literally is dumb as a brick.

People in this topic have already SERIOUSLY suggested they thought it was impossible that people can claim the game is anything other than incredible (sorry hawkian), so trying to figure out when someone is serious about their hyperbole or not is not this simple trick you think.

you guys way oversold me on WINTER, for example, and although I was able to parse those feelings out, there's no doubt I went into that season with different expectations than I otherwise should have.

antitrop

People in this topic have already SERIOUSLY suggested they thought it was impossible that people can claim the game is anything other than incredible (sorry hawkian), so trying to figure out when someone is serious about their hyperbole or not is not this simple trick you think.

you guys way oversold me on WINTER, for example, and although I was able to parse those feelings out, there's no doubt I went into that season with different expectations than I otherwise should have.
The back half of Summer is easily my favorite part of the game. Winter is special, though, there's no question.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just finished. Absolutely stunned.

Contender for my personal game of the generation. Will need to reflect on everything a few months down the line.

For now though, seriously mind blowing. Naughty Dog have produced some magic.

19 hours 33 minutes and 108 collectibles!

Superflat

The longer OTs stay around, the less guarded people become when talking about things, mainly because many people are progressing in the game around the same time window.

I remember early on, people even spoilered the fact that the game was sectioned by seasons, among a bunch of other details that are okay to mention freely now.

Kinda glad I never stopped by the OT to read what people were saying while I was playing, just popped in every now and then to say what was on my mind at the moment. Everything aside from the demo and gameplay shown beforehand were all brand new to me and going into them fresh without expectations was pretty damn cool. I also want to add that I'm terrible at resisting clicking on spoiler tags, so I made extra sure for this game *_*

Amir0x

Banned
The longer OTs stay around, the less guarded people become when talking about things, mainly people many people are progressing in the game around the same window.

I remember early on, people even spoilered the fact that the game was sectioned by seasons, among a bunch of other details that are okay to mention freely now.

Kinda glad I never stopped by the OT to read what people were saying while I was playing, just went in to say what was on my mind at the moment. Everything aside from the demo and gameplay shown beforehand were all brand new to me and going into them fresh without expectations was pretty damn cool.

I didn't know there were seasons either until this topic lol

I tried to avoid as much as I could, but it was hard to avoid some things as I was gushing over the artistic direction in this game. Man, the art.

TLOU is the longest , most impactful, fun to play campaign ever

But when I had to enter a code in order to play multiplayer i quit and returned to single player lol im lazy

Majmun

I don't know what my favorite season is. Each season has memorable things going on. The more I think about the characters, the set pieces and the encounters, the more I'm falling in love with the game.

I'm currently on my new game+ and I'm still discovering new things. The presentation and attention to detail in this game is just incredible.

Achtius

As much as I like this game, having waves after waves of enemy thrown at me is not that fun :(

it's so tiring, i need to take a break from it

LuuKyK

Winter. After they tracked me

Thats the easiest part to avoid enemies
with all the snow they can barely see you, just be careful and you wont even need to fight most of them. The only part you really need to kill them is inside that store, but apart from that its pretty easy.

Achtius

Thats the easiest part to avoid enemies
with all the snow they can barely see you, just be careful and you wont even need to fight most of them. The only part you really need to kill them is inside that store, but apart from that its pretty easy.

I just turned off the PS3 cuz I am mentally tired from the previous part XD

Top Bottom