• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Manp

Lucky!

Did you get an early notification of shipment from them too or did it just turn up? I'm hoping my Prime membership will have some sort of an effect (long shot I know).

yup, got a message it was shipping yesterday evening. i'm prime too and preordered a month ago.

Botta di culo :(

still nothing here :( come on Amazon, don't let me down this time :(

lol, amazon.it has always been good to me.

Wow i didnt know amazon ships games early. Maybe i need to order from them also. Im afraid too because i sometimes think i might get it late, instead of early. What is your experience ordering from Amazon? Do games usually come early, late or on time?

usually i get them on launch day with the free (to prime members) 3 days shipping if i preorder. it helps that amazon.it warehouse is pretty close to where i live so the 3 days shipping usually ends up being a next day delivery.

:)

smr00

Banned
Bit the bullet and ordered it from amazon, will be here friday.

Long story short i went back and forth for about a year on if i wanted to buy it or watch a friend play because these games scare the shit out of me which is funny if you knew me because i am a huge horror film fanatic. I look forward to either having a heart attack or laying in a bed for a week because of how depressing this game is going to be.

EDIT- To people who have beat it or far into it. On a jump scare occurrence scale of 1-10, what would you rate? I can deal with the psychological fear, the fear of being helpless, over whelemed etc. but those goddamn jump scares get me every time. I just hope this game doesn't rely heavy on the jump scares from the plant heads.

Bit the bullet and ordered it from amazon, will be here friday.

Long story short i went back and forth for about a year on if i wanted to buy it or watch a friend play because these games scare the shit out of me which is funny if you knew me because i am a huge horror film fanatic. I look forward to either having a heart attack or laying in a bed for a week because of how depressing this game is going to be.

EDIT- To people who have beat it or far into it. On a jump scare occurrence scale of 1-10, what would you rate? I can deal with the psychological fear, the fear of being helpless, over whelemed etc. but those goddamn jump scares get me every time. I just hope this game doesn't rely heavy on the jump scares from the plant heads.

I love horror films as well but horror games are a no go for me usually. I just hope The Last of Us isn't too bad :p

smr00

Banned
I love horror films as well but horror games are a no go for me usually. I just hope The Last of Us isn't too bad :p
I tried playing Dead Space and in the very beginning when they chase you to the elevator i ctrl+alt+del out that fucking game.

It's time i overcome these fears, so many amazing horror games i want to play. I am a grown ass fucking man who is about to turn 30 and i am tired of being scared :(

I am gonna just lay off caffeine so it doesn't increase anxiety and if i get scared i get scared, isn't that supposed to be part of the thrill? We can do this Burgess. We are gonna slap fear in the face.

Dynedom

The load times on this game are really inconsistent. Fantastic game so far but damn inconsistent. Sometimes, restarting a checkpoint is near instantaneous while other times it will take a few seconds.

Also: Texture pop-in in the game. Happened once or twice but really noticeable (we're talking an entire white section).

I'm the opposite. I deal with horror games much easier than I do with horror films. Something about me having control over the situation that gives me a nice peace of mind.

It's probably the same reason why I love going to haunted houses during Halloween.

I tried playing Dead Space and in the very beginning when they chase you to the elevator i ctrl+alt+del out that fucking game.

It's time i overcome these fears, so many amazing horror games i want to play. I am a grown ass fucking man who is about to turn 30 and i am tired of being scared :(

I am gonna just lay off caffeine so it doesn't increase anxiety and if i get scared i get scared, isn't that supposed to be part of the thrill? We can do this Burgess. We are gonna slap fear in the face.

I remember when I bought it Dead Space on release I got past that lift bit then turned it off and didn't return to it for about 6 months. I then got the first boss and traded it in because I couldn't take it any more :p It doesn't help my little brother is the worst when it comes to being scared he jumps at anything and he watches me when I play games. Playing Dead Space 3 with him was awful. Its not scary but my brother screaming at everything really doesn't help. He also made me play Resi 5 on easy difficulty. Maybe its his fault...

Ill try not to be scared for you and for the good of our kind.

burgerdog

The load times on this game are really inconsistent. Fantastic game so far but damn inconsistent. Sometimes, restarting a checkpoint is near instantaneous while other times it will take a few seconds.

Also: Texture pop-in in the game. Happened once or twice but really noticeable (we're talking an entire white section).

I wonder if going digital helps.

I'm the opposite. I deal with horror games much easier than I do with horror films. Something about me having control over the situation that gives me a nice peace of mind.

It's probably the same reason why I love going to haunted houses during Halloween.

I think the fact I am so useless at games is why I don't like having control. I don't get scared easily its just games.

I remember when I bought it Dead Space on release I got past that lift bit then turned it off and didn't return to it for about 6 months. I then got the first boss and traded it in because I couldn't take it any more :p It doesn't help my little brother is the worst when it comes to being scared he jumps at anything and he watches me when I play games. Playing Dead Space 3 with him was awful. Its not scary but my brother screaming at everything really doesn't help. He also made me play Resi 5 on easy difficulty. Maybe its his fault...

Ill try not to be scared for you and for the good of our kind.

took me 18 months and stopping and starting three times to get through that. Genuinely scary.

chadboban

Just found out that a store in my town is going to start selling this game tomorrow instead of Friday. Man I'm so freaking psyched to get to play this a full day earlier than I expected to.

Andrew.

Banned
Long story short i went back and forth for about a year on if i wanted to buy it or watch a friend play because these games scare the shit out of me.
I can deal with the psychological fear, the fear of being helpless, over whelemed etc. but those goddamn jump scares get me every time. I just hope this game doesn't rely heavy on the jump scares from the plant heads.

I remember when I bought it Dead Space on release I got past that lift bit then turned it off and didn't return to it for about 6 months. I then got the first boss and traded it in because I couldn't take it any more :p

took me 18 months and stopping and starting three times to get through that. Genuinely scary.

Milhouse_horse.png

Come on guys, man the fuck up.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
A little less than three hours in and you're basically 30% through? That's actually somewhat disappointing.

From his description of where he is, I'm at the same spot and it took me 6+ hours to get there. I am taking my time, sucking up every last inch of atmosphere. Game is incredible. Also playing on hard

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I hate anyone and everyone who has this game.

I wonder how you feel about the ones who've already completed and enjoyed every second of it.
emot-smug.gif

A little less than three hours in and you're basically 30% through? That's actually somewhat disappointing.
The progress percentage is kinda screwy. I was at like 63% when I was 6 and a half hours into the game. I ended up finishing the game at 15 hours on Normal.

Top Bottom