• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Fuck PSN, game comes out in two days and there is no preload? Should have just ordered it from Shopto.

hold on man.. It could be like how the demo was downloaded

There was a 200MB file to download the demo from GoW:A.

The install happens when you use that file I bet.

Finished it on Normal first without playing any demo or seeing any videos, took me 14 hours and I died 50+ times... Compared to that though Survivor isn't too hard, in fact I'm holding up better in some parts. Enemies/HP/damage seem the same, but there are almost no crafting items or ammo and you can't use listen mode.
I like that. Keep health and damage the same, just reduce available supplies. Then you really have to smart about when and what you craft.

So would you say the game lived up to the hype and expectations?

ekim

Dat intro... wow.

I'm barely 90 minutes in so I won't judge the game as of now. Just came to say, that the AI so far is clever and the fights are very engaging and thrilling.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Just finished it. Game of the generation right here you guys. Unparalleled character and story development means i'll be thinking about this game for years to come. Naughty Dog just upped the ante yet again. *buzzing*

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is what success does to you.

BMgcSAZCUAAfvm4.jpg:large

Dat intro... wow.

I'm barely 90 minutes in so I won't judge the game as of now. Just came to say, that the AI so far is clever and the fights are very engaging and thrilling.
Any cool examples of the AI? I read one from other poster where he had taken a human shield, allowing him to keep the other enemies at bay...until he realized one had broke away from the group and snuck through the area to get behind him.

Just finished it. Game of the generation right here you guys. Unparalleled character and story development means i'll be thinking about this game for years to come. Naughty Dog just upped the ante yet again. *buzzing*

This is great. I love when a game I'm anticipating just gets unanimous praise. And this is probably my most anticipated game ever, even more than GTA V

ekim

Any cool examples of the AI? I read one from other poster where he had taken a human shield, allowing him to keep the other enemies at bay...until he realized one had broke away from the group and snuck through the area to get behind him.

Yupp. Something like that just happened. I had a human shield and the enemies that were behind me tried to come closer - as soon as I turned around the backed away. It was pretty cool. They are also flanking you and obviously don't know where you are when get lost after an encounter.

ekim

Btw:
I don't like that when you enter an area and you see many chest high things you know there's gonna be an enemy encounter. I sighed when I saw it the first time. The fights itself are good and very dynamic but this make the game feel too gamey after that incredible introduction... Sorry don't know how to describe this more properly in English. :p

Just a general gameplay spoiler... Nothing specific. But I wanted to make sure...

One of my friends was playing ti yesterday and i asked where and how he got it, his response was "I live in the middle east and its been available in all the stores for 5 days now" Like wtf why would it be available there before here?

Brick

Picking up a new plasma TV after work today. Can't wait to check this game out on it.

Also, I'm starting to worry about spoilers, so I think I'm going to back out of this thread for the time being. Godspeed, all.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Btw:
I don't like that when you enter an area and you see many chest high things you know there's gonna be an enemy encounter. I sighed when I saw it the first time. The fights itself are good and very dynamic but this make the game feel too gamey after that incredible introduction... Sorry don't know how to describe this more properly in English. :p

Just a general gameplay spoiler... Nothing specific. But I wanted to make sure...

Hahaha yeah that happens a few times. When there's walk-and-chat parts and you see bottles and bricks scattered around, you know shit's gonna go down soon. Not really a big deal though.

antitrop

One of my friends was playing ti yesterday and i asked where and how he got it, his response was "I live in the middle east and its been available in all the stores for 5 days now" Like wtf why would it be available there before here?
Because The Last of Us has the worst release date in video game history.

2 days before official release date...

thanks amazon :)

Wow i didnt know amazon ships games early. Maybe i need to order from them also. Im afraid too because i sometimes think i might get it late, instead of early. What is your experience ordering from Amazon? Do games usually come early, late or on time?

Ha, just grabbed a soldier, shot him in the head and shot off the gas mask of a second soldier in a spore infested area. His reaction was funny. "Oh God no!", then I shot him, too.

(._.)

Banned
I'm going to get this. Will be the last PS3 game I buy before I sell off every retail/console game I own. If it has multiplayer that requires a code I'll be willing to sell/trade mine to anybody on here.

Man, NJ is letting me down, still can't find it anywhere

Nyc is letting me down too. Notorious stores for breaking dates are telling me they dont have it. I even spoke to a distributor on the phone and he wasnt giving it to the store till friday, yet i got GOW Asc. a week early smh

Fuck.

Shit.

Bollocks.

What do I do now? They will only give me £20 if I return it, so that's £15 down the drain.

I would say buy it off of ShopTo and you should get it tomorrow though it is £40 you can always send the GMG one back and get a full refund you are entitled to a full refund so I wouldnt worry about it. Actually if GMG havent despatched it send them an email saying you want to cancel it and you should be okay.

DukeBobby

I would say buy it off of ShopTo and you should get it tomorrow though it is £40 you can always send the GMG one back and get a full refund you are entitled to a full refund so I wouldnt worry about it.

Yeah, and if they don't offer the full refund, I'll just put it up on ebay and get the £35 back easily.

Shopto it is then.

Yeah, and if they don't offer the full refund, I'll just put it up on ebay and get the £35 back easily.

Shopto it is then.

Im pretty sure Distance selling regulations means you are entitled to a full refund within 7 days of your purchase. Don't quote me on that but I am 99% sure.

Dat intro... wow.

Im 3 hours in. I had to stop at 2:00 am last night. I have work today.
So beautiful. there are times when I stopped and just looked up. Crouched by a window to watch the rain.

I am fully immersed in this atmosphere. One of the most gorgeous looking games I have seen since Uncharted 2. If you told me this was first generation PS4 i would have believed you.

AJ_Wings

Yup, it's been available here in the UAE since last weekend I think. Why didn't Sony release this worldwide before the E3 slaughter-fest exactly? Such an idiotic release...

vladdamad

Sorry for all the questions, but does anyone know how much more to the game there is than what was shown in the trailers? The one thing I hated about Uncharted 3 is that I've seen most of the footage from trailers, demos etc meaning that there was no real element of surprise. Really hope that isn't the case here

So the general consensus is 15 to 20 hours right? That's awesome. I love long games because I get my money's worth and I love "linear" games because I actually finish them rather than get sidetracked by a vast open world

So a long linear game with a bleak dark narrative, an awesome premise, tense violent combat, and Naughty Dog-quality graphics, atmosphere, and animations? That's an instant GOTY for me.

Only maybe GTA V or Watchdogs could beat The Last of Us IMO.

Sorry for all the questions, but does anyone know how much more to the game there is than what was shown in the trailers? The one thing I hated about Uncharted 3 is that I've seen most of the footage from trailers, demos etc meaning that there was no real element of surprise. Really hope that isn't the case here
I know what you mean. I think that's why I like U2 more than 3. It was a surprise while with 3, all the major set pieces - cargo plane, horse chase, city chase, desert, sinking ship - were all revealed in the trailers.

DukeBobby

Shopto have dispatched it already. After 4 minutes. 4 minutes!!

Superb service. It's just a shame that their prices are not as cheap as they used to be.

GMG, I still love you, but I doubt I'll buy a physical game from you again.

antitrop

I really don't think Watch_Dogs is a serious GOTY contender. I don't even know if it will be amongst the Top 10 by the end of the year.

I'm also very much looking forward to it. I just don't think it's going to be on Bioshock Infinite, Last of US, GTA V level.

DukeBobby

I really don't think Watch_Dogs is a serious GOTY contender. I don't even know if it will be amongst the Top 10 by the end of the year.

As long as it's not as terrible as Far Cry 3 or the Assassin's Creed series, I'm happy.

Sadly, I can see the game being bloated with pointless activities. It seems to be Ubisoft's trademark.

Andrew.

Banned
As long as it's not as terrible as Far Cry 3 or the Assassin's Creed series, I'm happy.

Sadly, I can see the game being bloated with pointless activities. It seems to be Ubisoft's trademark.

I imagine Watch_Dogs is gonna be the new Ass Creed, which means the first one is gonna be repetitive out the ass, yet nice to look at.

Top Bottom