• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Andrew.

Banned
ijlpAErx93Mnu.gif

Cot damn at those semi transparent small brain/flesh chunks on the screen.

This is a great .jif to show Sony overpowering MS this week.

partime

Must not purchase until I finish Tomb Raider & Bioshock.

I noticed at E3, the game would stutter a bit during cut-scenes. Did anyone notice this as well?

hertog

This game is awesome.
Wonder how long it'll take to complete it. I've played about two/three hours and it still feels like the beginning

The wait is so hard....I wasn't even this hyped up for Bioshock Infinite.

Then again my daughter was born the week leading up to it so I was a bit busy.

Oh god I just beat five enemies with miy fists lol
I was out of ammo...and I have to say...that was intense ^^
Horror + stealth is great mix....I LOVE THIS GAME

edit: Omg Silent Hill vibes now

Dynedom

The intensity in this game is incredible. You can get overwhelmed so quickly and it really does pay to be stealthy (especially considering how scarce ammo is and how melee weapons have limited swings).

Acting and animation is top notch. Lighting is godly.

With all the E3 hype, I've completely forgotten about this game. And I keep forgetting about it. And then remembering it and feeling excited. Then forgetting then remembering. Nonstop fits of excitement.

Pachimari

can you choose english voices and german subtitles?

I guess so.

I can play it with English voices and Danish subtitles (I completed the game with English subtitles though).

As for jump-scares, of what I remember
there aren't a lot of them and it have more to do with the AI than anything. It's more psychological horror.

The intensity in this game is incredible. You can get overwhelmed so quickly and it really does pay to be stealthy (especially considering how scarce ammo is and how melee weapons have limited swings).

Acting and animation is top notch. Lighting is godly.
Does the enemy AI seem clever and smart?

And how open are the environments? I saw part of the tutorial and it seems fairly big, not just corridors. When you're playing, do you feel like you could try different tactics or approach from various rooms?

Andrew.

Banned
Does the enemy AI seem clever and smart?

And how open are the environments? I saw part of the tutorial and it seems fairly big, not just corridors. When you're playing, do you feel like you could try different tactics or approach from various rooms?

Every post is practically like ArisenDragon but with punctuation. Just makes me think:

cocainebear.JPG

ekim

Playing on normal without listening mode... I needed 15 attempts to go through the section from the demo. Once I make noise and know they are coming I'm entering full panic mode. The enemies are creepy as fuck... gosh, my heart. I suck at stealth in this game.

Sickbean

I really love Neogaf (long time lurker), but holy crap you are crazy with these threads. Thousands of questions wanting to know every single intimate detail but DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING SPOIL THE PLOT! It's obviously just me that thinks this way but the plot is one of the least important things to me.

please don't kill me

And it's the same ones over and over again to whoever got the game before him. It's getting ridiculous.

Duke, Arisen got banned but he'll be back soon
Sorry, I tend to get question-crazy over my anticipated games. Good thing you're not in the Toucharcade forums...

Once TLOU comes out, it'll all be plot discussion, favorite moments, and tips and hints

Just try to avoid the Splinter Cell and GTA V threads once release gets closer. I'll be there

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This is one of the games that you just can't stop playing. Five hours in. SO AMAZING!

Real shit. I only play it after sunset though. GOTG.
Smoke.png

Regarding easter eggs:

Anyone playing find any Nathan Drake/Uncharted easter eggs? there MUST be some. havent spotted any yet.

Twinduct

Uggh, was hyped as hell as my copy is arriving on Friday. Sadly I just found out that I'm helping out at a local charity event.

Guess there's always Sat.
Btw those who have played, how long is the game in general? Want to figure out if I can complete it this weekend

Andrew.

Banned
Sorry, I tend to get question-crazy over my anticipated games.

Well check this out: the majority of us in here probably dont want to hear or read the answers to the questions you keep repeatedly asking. You're asking about severe details on gameplay, challenge, AI, difficulty etc. All stuff that a lot of us want to be surprised about.

We got the answers we need throughout all the reviews. I dont think many of us need in depth examples of battles or difficulty levels. You were very quick to tell Patrick Bateman to spoiler tag his brief explanantion of a gunfight he was in. So why not chill with egging people about deets unless they themeselves want to responsibly share them?

Sickbean

Well check this out: the majority of us in here probably dont want to hear or read the answers to the questions you keep repeatedly asking. You're asking about severe details on gameplay, challenge, AI, difficulty etc. All stuff that a lot of us want to be surprised about.

We got the answers we need throughout all the reviews. I dont think many of us need in depth examples of battles or difficulty levels. You were very quick to tell Patrick Bateman to spoiler tag his brief explanantion of a gunfight he was in. So why not chill with egging people about deets unless they themeselves want to responsibly share them?

More words than your avatar will say in the entire movie I recon. Looks really incongruous.

bryehn

Hope my launch 60 GB lives until the PS4 comes out. This, Beyond and the other two big exclusives that I can't remember the names of will undoubtedly put a buttload of wear on it.

Maybe I should just try to sell it now and see if I can pick up a slim on the cheap.

Really looking forward to this though.

Smoke.png

Regarding easter eggs:

Anyone playing find any Nathan Drake/Uncharted easter eggs? there MUST be some. havent spotted any yet.

I started in bright sunlight, but I have thick curtains and a great 5.1 headset. See you later world :)

ekim

Yeah. I really suggest to get into the game without too much knowledge. I was on a semi blackout and it was a good decision to do so.

Smoke.png

Regarding easter eggs:

Regarding easter eggs the one I saw on the internet was:
In a shop somewhere there is a board game of Uncharted and a board game of J&D. It was floating around the internet, not sure where in the game it is.

Uggh, was hyped as hell as my copy is arriving on Friday. Sadly I just found out that I'm helping out at a local charity event.

Guess there's always Sat.
Btw those who have played, how long is the game in general? Want to figure out if I can complete it this weekend

A friend of mine had a review copy since last week. He clocked in at around 17 hours.

Played about 45 minutes. That intro is indeed something to remember and sets the tone for the game perfectly. My condolences to anyone who had it spoiled. The acting is superb across the board and the whole scene is very well directed.

As soon as I saw the girl I knew where this was going. I guess I should've seen it coming even before playing the game, having Joel lose a daughter around the same age as Ellie is the perfect set up for their relation. Anyway, the girl's voice acting was fantastic and she grew on me instantly. Since my son was born these dramatic parent/child scenes really get to me so I had tears in my eyes when she died.

That"s about right. If you really scenery chew, I could see getting to 15 hours.

Great!!

This game is so awesome....my god...I have no words to describe it
After the first 20 minutes it has a slow start (imo that's good!) but then...2 1/2 hours later...I can't stop playing. It reminds me of Res 4. The pacing ist just PERFECT.

Top Bottom