• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

djshauny

Banned
uggghhhh come on june 14th 3:01pm.

just .02% left to download on my PSN version preload.

it stops at 99.98% with the rest to be downloaded at the unlock time mentioned above.

DTp.jpg

(pic from 5 days ago)

oh and as a nice surprise, in addition to the survival pack/sights and sounds dlc that came with the game, i just got this email a few minutes ago giving me the to be released MP DLC for free too.

Mgq.png

Where abouts are you based my friend? A few buddys of mine cant preload the game for some reason. Just click the icon and says something about cant use until start date.

Strange.

Psykotik

Where abouts are you based my friend? A few buddys of mine cant preload the game for some reason. Just click the icon and says something about cant use until start date.

Strange.

i downloaded mine off the singapore PSN store (i'm in asia).

seems like only the asian version can be preloaded.

yMp.jpg

MaxSanson

Neo Member
Not sure regarding the Digital version unlock time?
I'm in Australia and its 12:15 here, still says content is locked :(

Checking the downloaders file information shows 14/6/2013 2:00 so I imagine its still a few hours away

Very excited! Can't wait
Naughty Dog seem to be knocking it out of the park
Truly sounds like the PS3s swan song

My brother just got our copies from Gamestop! WOOOOOO! Now he just needs to get here on Saturday and then we attend a wedding and a birthday and maybe Sunday i can play :/

The first time we used Gamestop in Germany. But they had a trade in 2 get The Last of Us for 9.99€. Traded in the awful Dishonored (game is good. Only german voice over is not) and ICO/SotC since they are free on PS+.

Oh snap

A 3/5 (or 6 out of 10) from QuarterToThree

They gave Bioshock Infinite a 3 out of 5 as well

Mostly decent stuff to say here, just the usual Tom Chick being frank about what he doesn't like. Upon further inspection, it seems the only things I've really agreed with him on this gen are Bayonetta and Saint's Row 3.

For those who don't quite understand Tom, this is from a FAQ he felt necessary to post regarding his Journey review:

Q: Why isn’t your review objective?

A: That’s not how I write. Furthermore, I would argue that’s not how a review works. To me, a review is one person articulating his experience with a movie, a book, an album, a game, or whatever. That person will bring his own voice, context, and even baggage to the review, none of which is “objective”. If you want objective reviews, try IGN. I hear they’re very good at that sort of thing.

aristotle

I haven't gotten my copy yet, but I will tomorrow for sure. Waiting on Amazon to dispatch it. Add me on PSN for some team MP goodness : xinoart :)

PS: Make sure you say you're from GAF.

Andrew.

Banned
Tom Chick's review definitely has some spoilerage.

Don't read it, or at least do it at your own risk. I enjoy reading his opinions, but I wasn't expecting to run into spoiler territory.

Sbik

Neo Member
Ugh, I accidentally read an ending spoiler some troll wrote on the other forum that
Joel does from gunshot.
Don't know if it's true, but it sucks to be spoiled :(

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Ugh idk whether to pre-order it from PS store (it's $89 AUD) or just wait and get it from a store physically for the same price. If i preorder it from the PS Store, I get extra stuff...Although there is a store that imports here, that said I could pick up a copy from the UK for $71.90.

Decisions.. :|

hEist

so i need to start the downloader manually, when they unlock it? that kinda sucks, because i'm not home this evening...

Wow! Multiplayer is absolutely fantastic.

Very tense, very focused on team co-operation - won't get far if someone on your team insists on going in guns blazing.

Just had last man standing between me and a member of the opposing team - probably lasted 5 minutes and consisted of us trying to out sneak each other. Finally got round him though and put him down :p

Edit: Only played two matches of Supply Raid but genuinely think this will be a popular online game - does something very different with a formula that is so common. Naughty Gods.

Kezlo

Neo Member
My copy finally arrived

qoGOeNg.jpg

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but for those that have, how well does the game use the LFE-channel?

Wow! Multiplayer is absolutely fantastic.

Very tense, very focused on team co-operation - won't get far if someone on your team insists on going in guns blazing.

Just had last man standing between me and a member of the opposing team - probably lasted 5 minutes and consisted of us trying to out sneak each other. Finally got round him though and put him down :p

Edit: Only played two matches of Supply Raid but genuinely think this will be a popular online game - does something very different with a formula that is so common. Naughty Gods.

Yep, it's awesome and every round feels a little different

Mostly decent stuff to say here, just the usual Tom Chick being frank about what he doesn't like. Upon further inspection, it seems the only things I've really agreed with him on this gen are Bayonetta and Saint's Row 3.

For those who don't quite understand Tom, this is from a FAQ he felt necessary to post regarding his Journey review:

Yeah, his first couple of paragraphs nail my feelings on the game exactly, and why I can't bother to finish it out. The gameplay is soooooo dull and repetitive, and to get to the good bits feels more like a chore than fun.

"Oh shit, Joel!"

"Oh shit, Joel!"

"Oh shit, Joel!"

"Oh shit, Joel!"

Over and over and over . . . .

syoaran

I really have no will power, already spent way too much on games but picked up a digital pre-order. Sign me up for some EU MP this weekend

iNvid02

already got the OST from amazon and not interested in the theme or avatars

quote to reveal code for sights and sounds pack (EU PSN)

devo1989

Just blew a hair dryer into the back of my bricked 60gb PS3 to play this. Got my "You don't know jack disc" out and away to start. Between the game and the 100% odds of this rebricking before the 15 hours is up, this will be an intense experience. Wish me luck guys!

Stuart444

So uhh, I just got the game today.

On the main bit of the game now after the intro/opening. Some major spoilers from the opening:

The opening... man. Made both me and my fiancee shed tears. ;_; I mean I predicted the little girl would die but not like that. I expected it to be from some monsters but instead due to one of those police guys... just man ;_;. Poor Joel.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
YAY! Local gamestop had a canceled Survival Edition!! A couple of different ones even had canceled Post-Pandemic editions but man.... I really can't do $160 right now :(:(:(:(

Only rough spot is that this is a Father's Day present.. So can't play til Sunday. But guess what ELSE I'm asking for for Father's Day.... ;)

"Thanks for the game guys! See you tomorrow!!"

edit - Eh you know.... down the road I would even buy just the statue for like $100-120 maybe... looks like the two editions are identical except for the statue.

Top Bottom