• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

I hear if you sprinkle some of this..

aMxks0y.gif

Onto some of this...

the_last_of_us___clicker_by_thomaswievegg-d5vitz1.jpg

It tastes great and isn't the least bit infectious. It has a delightful crunch to it and is also good with melted butter on the side.
Is that your work? It's really good

Someone answer my question about MP :p

Want to jump into it before Single Player but wasn't sure if it somehow tied into the narrative in some form - I know very little about the game due to spoiler fears.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Been on black out for this game,
as a father the opening kinda hit home
I've never shed a tear in a game before, I'm not built that way but even though I knew what was coming
Wow, guys coulda warned me
I understand Joel now.

ruxtpin

Banned
Psyched about this. I haven't really played a game since GoW:Ascension. All the review hype, plus developer history - I'm in for a good time this weekend.

vladdamad

Been on black out for this game, as a father the opening kinda hit home
I've never shed a tear in a game before, I'm not built that way but even though I knew what was coming
Wow, guys coulda warned me
I understand Joel now.

Goddamn it. Was this a massive spoiler? I mean I can kinda piece together what happens from that text. Or is there more to it?

I have successfully avoided ANY media reviews, attention, etc. I just scrolled past the OP. All I have to go by is the TV commercials.

This is the first time I have avoided any kind of spoilerish things AT ALL for ANY game I have been hyped about.

I am EXCITED.

My wife bought this for me for my first Father's Day this Sunday. I am not supposed to know it but I saw a GameStop charge from our bank account for the price of a game. And she knows how pumped I get it when TV ads come on lol..... Although, I am trying not to get my hopes up. We both really enjoy the show Defiance and she may purchase that for the love of the show. I would have to hide my disappointment haha.

smr00

Banned
If you use a lighter and heat it up a bit, you can take it off without leaving any marks. I do it sometimes.
If it's just on the outer case (the plastic) try peeling it off really slow. You should be able to get all of it off if you do it right with a razor blade. Sometimes you get that unfortunate half rip or you just get the face of the sticker and are left with residue, that is easy to remove. Grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a qtip.

Using a lighter can end up damaging and burning through the plastic if you aren't careful. The rubbing alcohol is the most common and safe way of removing stickers.

vladdamad

C'mon guys, please tell me that TGO spoiler isn't all there is to the intro. Don't want to know that I'm fully spoiled on what many people here are saying is one of the best parts of the game :(

I noticed that in the newest Bombcast they seemingly talk to someone from Naughty Dog. I assume the game comes up, are there any spoilers, even exceptionally mild ones?

Psykotik

uggghhhh come on june 14th 3:01pm.

just .02% left to download on my PSN version preload.

it stops at 99.98% with the rest to be downloaded at the unlock time mentioned above.

DTp.jpg

(pic from 5 days ago)

oh and as a nice surprise, in addition to the survival pack/sights and sounds dlc that came with the game, i just got this email a few minutes ago giving me the to be released MP DLC for free too.

Mgq.png

I love how people play like an hour and say "Best game of all time" or "best game of the gen" lol

If I judged every game on the first hour there would be a lot more games I regard highly

Because I mentioned I was a father, wasn't it

Pretty much, yeah.

C'mon guys, please tell me that TGO spoiler isn't all there is to the intro. Don't want to know that I'm fully spoiled on what many people here are saying is one of the best parts of the game :(

Just play it and see for yourself, answering your question either way will only make it worse. You'll have a great time experiencing it regardless of what happens.

smr00

Banned
Prime? Or regular shipping? I want it for the weekend but mine doesn't even show shipped :(
Mine has been "shipping now" for awhile now. It will end up shipping today (with prime) estimated delivery tomorrow by 8pm. It could get here today since the shipping facility is like 4-5 hours away from my house (if it gets shipped before late afternoon). The last few games i per-ordered got here the day it shipped because i live so close to the warehouse/shipping center.

Footos22

My Copies here YAAAAAAAAAAAA!

now to find a way to get the kids to go to sleep early so i can play it sooner rather then later.

This is gonna look incredible considering i've only played indie games for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Hixx

Played 2 hours of it. The opening was brilliant, like many have said. Naughty Dog's animators, man... best in the business.

I have one major complaint so far, though I am pinning my hopes on the game being incredibly lenient early on: the enemy AI seems pretty terrible. They are completely oblivious to any AI companions you are with. It's very jarring.

Overall though I am really enjoying it.

I hear if you sprinkle some of this..

http://i.imgur.com/aMxks0y.gif[IMG]

Onto some of this...

[IMG]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/f/2013/050/4/b/the_last_of_us___clicker_by_thomaswievegg-d5vitz1.jpg[IMG]

It tastes great and isn't the least bit infectious. It has a delightful crunch to it and is also good with melted butter on the side.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is, the solution to the pandemic is to create an army of truffle pigs and French chefs.

Gentlemen, get the word out, let everyone know how to take these sons of bitches down

[quote="Bunta, post: 63251656"]The pronunciation makes sense to me. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

I pronounced it sha-share until I was like 8 and someone told me that was wrong. It'd make more sense to me if it was spelled like Vacherie.

I love how people play like an hour and say "Best game of all time" or "best game of the gen" lol

If I judged every game on the first hour there would be a lot more games I regard highly

Yeah, people should really stop that, specially because a lot of people here on gaf don't know the meaning of the words "realistic expectations". Sometimes I feel that people who get games early only do this stuff as some kind of stealth bragging, "hey look at me, I got this game and you don't and it's like the best thing ever".

Great, now I'm staring at the title screen and can't decide between SP and MP lol.

Played 2 hours of it. The opening was brilliant, like many have said. Naughty Dog's animators, man... best in the business.

I have one major complaint so far, though I am pinning my hopes on the game being incredibly lenient early on: the enemy AI seems pretty terrible. They are completely oblivious to any AI companions you are with. It's very jarring.

This is indeed the case but it's a design choice. This morning I played a section where I was succesfully stealth killing everyone one by one and when they're down to one guy Tess decides to appear in front of him. Either my perfect stealth run of that section would've been ruined by something that is out of my control or I deal with the less frustrating alternative of having the game remind me it's a game.

Doomshine

I think that's by design. It doesn't make sense from a realism perspective, but it also prevents a lot of frustration.

ND did that on purpose, so companion AI wouldn't alert enemies while you're trying to stay hidden. I know, it sucks, but I can live with it. and the alternative would just be frustrating They said they tried other ways, but couldn't ensure that those methods would work 100%.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My hint which I do apologize for
you'll piece that together on the very first frame.
You're still unspoiled from the whole opening.

quaere

The intro isn't about what happens, it's about the execution.

1 hour in spoiler ->
The rain by the window scene...the framing, "your watch is broken",
damn, so good.

Hixx

I think that's by design. It doesn't make sense from a realism perspective, but it also prevents a lot of frustration.

ND did that on purpose, so companion AI wouldn't alert enemies while you're trying to stay hidden. I know, it sucks, but I can live with it. and the alternative would just be frustrating They said they tried other ways, but couldn't ensure that those methods would work 100%.

I see. I can understand why they've done it then but it really does suck you out of the game a bit.

Top Bottom