• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Single player feels solid and long. Reminds me of like bioshock infinite meets HL2.

Multiplayer is hard as hell which is really intimidating, but in another way very cool. If you coordinate you're unstoppable.

Will finish the game soon. Don't think I want to keep it for long. Also online pass sucks.

burgerdog

Oh come on. I forgot about my newegg pre order and I don't even live in the place that they shipped it to anymore. Driving three hours to pick it up isn't worth it, either. I would end up spending about $100 in gas, so I'm better off simply buying another copy. +2 on npd ;/

Wynnebeck

Banned
Single player feels solid and long. Reminds me of like bioshock infinite meets HL2.

Multiplayer is hard as hell which is really intimidating, but in another way very cool. If you coordinate you're unstoppable.

Will finish the game soon. Don't think I want to keep it for long. Also online pass sucks.

Hmm? You mean multiplayer actually takes skill and coordination now? :O

DukeBobby

Damn girl how many did you order? Worst comes to worst, just go to a local store and pick it up

I ordered 3 copies of Bioshock Infinite, and two copies of this.

I needed to be sure I'd have the games on the day of release. As a student, I shouldn't be throwing away money like that.

iNvid02

first impressions are that naughty dog have done a good job at masking how ancient this hardware is, being primarily on PC its usually extremely painful to revert to 720p/30fps but i'm managing pretty well - so far

sound design is awesome, not sure what its like on a surround system but 5.1 with amp/headphones is very punchy, but you can hear every little detail and its wonderful.

as for the intro, everyone was harping on about it so i thought the impact would be lessened somewhat - NOPE.JPG

minute details like joel bringing a gun closer to his chest when you're aiming and decide to walk up against a wall or window, it really is what sets ND apart from the rest

Leeness

Damn girl how many did you order? Worst comes to worst, just go to a local store and pick it up

Two. Special edition at EBGames, but I knew that one would take forever to get to me, so I ordered a cheap copy from Futureshop as well that I should get tomorrow, to return when I got the EBGames one!

EXCEPT MY PLAN IS BACKFIRING. Nothing has shipped yet! :'(

kurbaan

Banned
For those that already have it, is it worth setting up a 5.1 surround sound system to play this? Or will tv speakers be decent enough?

I have a 5.1 system that came with my tv forever but haven't bothered to set it up for anything. Really tempted to do it for this.

SeriousApes

I assumed this game came out on Tuesday like normal, so the other night, I was rushing to get to GameStop after work to pick up my copy before the store closed.

Managed to snag a copy today after work. Man, that intro.
It seems the opinion of the intro is either it's overhyped or endless praise

Can't wait to add my own opinion tomorrow

A good opening IMO is one that you can come back to again and again and still be wowed by it.
Bioshock still gives me chills with the combination of Ryan's speech, the music, and the perfect reveal of Rapture.
GoW3 is just awesome spectacle and doesn't get old.
U2 is nostalgic for me, as it was my first PS3 game, and the atmosphere, intensity, and set pieces moments of the opening is top notch

I'm very excited to see what TLOU's opening brings to the table

netBuff

I have no idea. ND and Sony really need to be more clear when it comes to things like this.

I've never pre-ordered a "Day 1 Digital": Do you get any kind of (e-mail?) notification when the game is available for download, or do I just have to check for myself on the 14th?

I've never pre-ordered a "Day 1 Digital": Do you get any kind of (e-mail?) notification when the game is available for download, or do I just have to check myself on the 14th?
My first time as well. I checked PSN and on the game page, it says the download for the game and preorder packs will available at any time after 12:01am PST.

I don't have PS+ so I'll have to manually start the download. So I'll be at 4, go back to sleep, and hopefully will be playing by 10

Andrew.

Banned
I was under the assumption that all of them were doing it. What the fudge... :(

I'll have to double check now.

Yeah my Pompano Beach store isn't doing it. I was pretty surprised. Just found this out on Monday, and they hadn't even received copies yet.

After playing the first couple of hours, the performances are the stand-out thing so far. The compelling intro makes everything that immediately follows feel like a drop-off.

Things seem to be building towards the gameplay getting more interesting though, so hopefully that's true.

Smidget

For those that already have it, is it worth setting up a 5.1 surround sound system to play this? Or will tv speakers be decent enough?

I have a 5.1 system that came with my tv forever but haven't bothered to set it up for anything. Really tempted to do it for this.

All games and movies sound much better in 5.1. And it seems like you'd really do this game a disservice playing on tv speakers. Spend right now hooking it up. Night and day. Some say, and I might agree, that tv speakers to 5.1 > SD to HD

I pre-ordered on newegg ages ago and it just shipped but I can't for the life of me remember if they do release date shipping. I think I just chose their free 3 day shipping.

anddo0

All games and movies sound much better in 5.1. And it seems like you'd really do this game a disservice playing on tv speakers. Spend right now hooking it up. Night and day. Some say, and I might agree, that tv speakers to 5.1 > SD to HD

When it comes to games, especially action games, with subtle ambient noise. I'm finding gaming headset>>5.1 setup. I'll be playing most of this game with my Sony headset.

holy shit at second half of this game. this is Resident Evil 4 and half life 2 level of awesomeness
Hyperbole? Or you serious?

Either way I like a game that builds slowly to an explosive second half/finish. Breaking Bad, Justified, those shows are like that. Everything is set in place and then the second half of the seasons had it all fall apart. Games doesn't usually pace themselves that way.

Vire

Yeah my Pompano Beach store isn't doing it. I was pretty surprised. Just found this out on Monday, and they hadn't even received copies yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/thelastofus/

Damn.. mine on Glades isn't either.

Wasn't expecting that, oh well. I guess I'll pick it up after work tomorrow then...
If GS isn't doing it, Walmart and Target probably are. As they are open 24 hours anyway.

The only problem is I paid off my copy.

Top Bottom