• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Columbia SC
Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier - June 13, 2013 2:16:10 AM

Still no fucking update. I want to know when it will arrive. Will it be tomorrow or fucking monday.

03sho

Only played the first 30 mins and wow.

Instantly draws you into the story and you already feel attached to the characters.

Lovely jubley

J and L game in Nyc said theyll have the game available at 1230 or so this afternoon. This is the Chinatown area and the number is 2122333399

Good luck

Mogwai

Just preordered the game on PSN. Jesus, why the heck can't they unlock the soundtrack, avatars and the theme before the game is released?

Now I'm just hoping that the download process will happen without major breakdowns :O

Pachimari

Just reviewed the game as well. I gave it a 10/10. I think I have given a 10 to about 6 or some games in my years of reviewing games.

Anyone up for some multiplayer games now?

Andrew.

Banned
I look forward to starting this in a few hours.

Very excited.

Damn it Bobby

ijlpAErx93Mnu.gif

Very excited.

Awful, really?

Uncharted 3 had tons of jaggies, but I could never say that the game looked awful.

It just does, maybe its because I am used to my PC but it just looks bad. There is this weird black outline on some objects that makes them look like they are straight out of Borderlands.

Just preordered the game on PSN. Jesus, why the heck can't they unlock the soundtrack, avatars and the theme before the game is released?

Now I'm just hoping that the download process will happen without major breakdowns :O

I just got my code through Amazon. Downloading now ^^

hehehe7rrrb.png

Raxus

I hate to ask but what does the season pass entail? More multiplayer maps or single player content?

My order is shipping now!

Very excited.

Awful, really?

Uncharted 3 had tons of jaggies, but I could never say that the game looked awful.
Maybe I'm just easy to please but "bad" graphics don't bother me. If a game is fun, I can overlook any number of problems. Are these jaggies noticeable or is it only if you're looking closely?

Jaggies or minor AI issues aren't even negatives for me in regards to TLOU

antitrop

My house didn't burn down, yet.

I'm still planning on picking this up from Walmart on my way home from work tomorrow evening. I could do a midnight pickup, but there is no way I'm going to get the game tonight, play the intro, and then try to go to sleep and do a day of work tomorrow.

I would rather just start it tomorrow night and give it a good 5-6 hours straight.

sunnz

It just does, maybe its because I am used to my PC but it just looks bad. There is this weird black outline on some objects that makes them look like they are straight out of Borderlands.

The AA is lacking, but honestly it is still EASILY THE BEST looking game on the consoles.

Some parts, like when you are out doors and looking at buildings, sky ( when it is a clear day) looks almost photo realistic. It is crazy how good the game looks with such outdated tech.

Easily one of the best looking games.

Jaggies are defiantly noticeable and do ruin it though sadly.

Yes, I do game 98% of the time on the PC with games at 1080p/60 fps almost all the time.

Adamm

My copy arrived this morning, loving it so far! :D

(very early game spoiler?)
I did not expect the feels so early! Sarah dying at the start :(

The AA is lacking, but honestly it is still EASILY THE BEST looking game on the consoles.

Some parts, like when you are out doors and looking at buildings, sky ( when it is a clear day) looks almost photo realistic. It is crazy how good the game looks with such outdated tech.

Easily one of the best looking games.

Jaggies are defiantly noticeable and do ruin it though sadly.

Yes, I do game 98% of the time on the PC with games at 1080p/60 fps almost all the time.

No where near photo realistic :p There is only one game that holds that title and that is Project Cars.

Are there are any deals out on this game? I want to pick it up from a store tomorrow. Planning on going to Target and do that reserve a game and get $10 off crap. Unless anyone knows anything better?

Andrew.

Banned
Are there are any deals out on this game? I want to pick it up from a store tomorrow. Planning on going to Target and do that reserve a game and get $10 off crap. Unless anyone knows anything better?

GS has their usual trade in deal with that 30% extra credit added, but who trades in their shit?

o god, Newegg just shipped out my copy from CA, no way I'll get it by tomorrow, may have to run to target or something in the morning :/

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So I've decided to preorder the game later today at GameStop (I know) and pick it up right after work at midnight. The local mom-and-pop near me said they'd have it today, but that isn't the case so I figure I'll just get it elsewhere. If I preorder I'll get the DLC at least.

Which brings me to my question: Is the preorder DLC universal among all distributors, or is some of it exclusive? Examples?

sunnz

No where near photo realistic :p There is only one game that holds that title and that is Project Cars.

All in all No its not.

Like I said, there were parts in the game so far that literally gave me that impression, that I was looknig at a REAL photo/ video of a real life place.

Again, this was limited to certain buildings and at the beginning of the game ( when with Tess, when there were grey skies)

JawzPause

I received the game this morning, and I've put a good 4 hours into it so far.
Don't worry, no spoilers from me. I just have one question, when the sixaxis controller sign comes to the left of the screen and starts to tilt, what does that mean? What does it do?

My brother also preordered the game in Amazon UK and this morning I reedemed the Sights and Sounds code. Now we're waiting to receive the shipping confirmation..

And by the way, I'm reading a lot of praise for the one life mode of the multiplayer, I'm very curious to try it.

Maxxan

Don't worry, no spoilers from me. I just have one question, when the sixaxis controller sign comes to the left of the screen and starts to tilt, what does that mean? What does it do?

Your flashlight is flickering. Quick shake to fix it.

Pachimari

This game is EXTREMELY funny online. I like the mode where we can't respawn the most, adds to the tension.

I beat up a dude with some wood and then 3 of his buddies were behind me shooting me down to my knees, then one of them came and kicked and put the gun to my head, BANG! Hahahaha.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Not a spoiler at all, but there are some really picky people out there so ill hide it.

When you flashlight battery is dying, shake the controller and the flashlight will stop flickering.

Runus

Just checked my Amazon order and realized it shipped and is out for delivery today! woot! Gonna be a good afternoon.

Luring a pack of runners to a single spot with a bottle and then taking them all out at once with a molotov makes you feel like a boss.

Hard definitely feels like the right way to play this game, just enough bullets and supplies to get by.

Clickers and runners really complement each other well. With clickers you have to be extra careful with sound but they can't see you, with runners you have to avoid being seen, navigating pitch dark places filled with these guys is nerve wrecking.

Necrovex

The one great thing about living in Tampa is being next to a Gamefly distrubution center. The Last of Us was just sent out, so I should be able to play it tomorrow. :-D

Top Bottom