• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

The_Monk

I was originally going to rent this game, but in the last few days I have decided to purchase it instead.

I can see myself jumping in some multiplayer, a clan would be cool.

GAF Clan for awesome GAFfers is indeed needed. Shame that my Mic from my Headset just broke...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Game will release when I'm in the middle of the ocean on a cruise. I'm not sure why I'm even posting in here since I won't be back in here until after I purchase and finish the game towards the end of the month. I've been on a media blackout since the game was announced. I hope it's OK just this one time that I didn't look at or read the OP. (I will later I promise. Don't ban me lord bish). I guess I'm posting here just to get it in my list of subs for future use.

I've been looking forward to a new IP from Naughty Gods for ages. They are by far my favorite developer of the generation.

See you all in July.

8966376018_678ddc49b7_o.jpg

Sweet. This is my FB cover photo now.

Maedhros

I wouldn't recommend watching it. I saw it before I went to work and I have to say it's probably best to experience it when you play it. It's really the first game that sent chills throughout my body when I watched it. Who knew that a game in the first 15 minutes could do that.

I don't have a PS3 and won't be playing this for years (probably). I don't mind spoilers at all.

I played the demo on my brother's PS3.

I can’t wait for this thread to turn into Uncharted 2’s “holy shit!” part 2.

Awwwwwww yissssss. It’s going to happen. Minds are gonna be blown!

About headphones:

It's better IMO to get headphones with a large soundstage than it is to get VSS headsets. The headphones will sound quite a bit better (if they're a good pair), the only downside is they have no mic.

Linconan

The only thing i'm bummed about, is when they hyped up the Multi like it was gunna be something different and amazing.
My hype got the better of me.
I was hoping for like a survival multiplayer game, where you could scavenge for resources etc with mates and/or make clans against the infected in like a full blown sandbox world of a city.
And the point would be just to survive and explore as long as you can.. the longer, the higher ya score. etc.

*sigh...

oh well.
DM will be fine. After i play the Single Player experience.

Can those who have the game share some cool moments with the enemy AI? I want to hear how smart, dynamic, etc. the AI is.
Balance of Power FTW

Just no spoilery stuff like locations...

CREMSteve

I have taken a week off for vacation, booked it at the start of the year and it just so happens that the first day of it coincides with the release date of this game.

Must be a sign, consider it bought on DAY ONE.

Loakum

Banned
Apparently, Neil Druckmann has waited 3.5 years for this thread (see his official twitter account tweet) . *waves* Hi Neil. I've waited 2.5 years for The Last of Us, ever since I seen the trailer at 2011 VGA! 5 more days to go! ^_^

iNvid02

someone always makes a gaf clan, no worries about that. not sure if i'll dig into mp yet though

About headphones:

It's better IMO to get headphones with a large soundstage than it is to get VSS headsets. The headphones will sound quite a bit better (if they're a good pair), the only downside is they have no mic.

can you imagine this with some hd 800s lol, that ss. i have some hd 650s, love em

About headphones:

I agree,Surround Sound headphones (which I assume you mean like the razer tiamat) aren't a good choice. What you get in soundstage you lose terribly in quality. I'd much rather a proper stereo set that pump out the really high quality.

Though I use mine mainly for PC gaming and my soundcard emulates 5.1 extremely well so I get the best of both there. I had a set of SS headphones before that and they weren't a patch on my Beyerdynamic DT 990s

Didn't you say this like 2 months ago with Bioshock Infinite? :lol

antitrop loves his "*blank* of all-time/ever" declarations :p

I think the funniest one was that Super Metroid thread, "I think this might be the worst first post of all-time"

Neil Druckmann - if you’re reading this, pass on to the team a massive thank you for creating what looks to be something truly incredible. Seriously, just....thank you.

nib95

Banned
can you imagine this with some hd 800s lol, that ss. i have some hd 600s, love em

I used to own the HD800's, LCD-2's and still own my T1's. HD800's are a bit too wide sounding if you can believe it, at least for certain kinds of music. A bit low on the mid bass too. Sort of makes a lot of stuff sound like it's being played in a larger room or auditorium. My pick of the bunch is the T1's. Not as wide sounding as the HD800's, but a bit more punch and a bit more natural sounding. Having said that, don't take my word for it. try before you buy. Sound signature's are a very personal preference.

I don't have a PS3 and won't be playing this for years (probably). I don't mind spoilers at all.

I played the demo on my brother's PS3.
If that's the case, then youtube has it. I'll send you the link via pm. The user that I watched it earlier today got raided by the youtube police and they took it down. So the video in the link will probably go down later today.

dmr87

Sucessful media blackout on this one, basically I've only seen some of the very early stuff that was announced. A week of E3 ending with this game, too good!

Also, well done with the OT!

Really disappointed Canada couldn't get this...

EDIT: The bend in Ellie's gun would drive me crazy

The shaft of her shotgun is bend from hitting several infected over the head... Well, at least that the story I'm going to use to explain it's crookedness in my mind :/ lol

Sean

Banned
I haven't been this hyped for a game in years.

I knew from the very first trailer (along with Naughty Dog's pedigree) that I would probably love this game and from all the review scores it seems to have delivered.

Counting down the days until Friday.

Top Bottom