• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

I am absolutely a person that typically plays games on Normal, or even sometimes Easy, but for this game I am committing to Hard for my first playthrough.

Same. Hard without Listen Mode

Can anyone answer this.? Is the Listen Mode button used for anything else?

----
And can those who have the game share some cool moments with the enemy AI? I want to hear how smart, dynamic, etc. the AI is.
Balance of Power FTW

Just no spoilery stuff like locations...

Vire

Why the fuck where preorders cut so early for the LE/CE of this game. Why the hell this game of all games? I want a Survival Edition but its gone from all places near me and online.

Dumbest shit ever. Guess ND will lose a sale from me. Oh well, used it is.

It's called Limited Edition for a reason, if you wanted it, you should have done it months ago.

Erebus

So what's the difference between the "The Last of Us™ + Sights and Sounds Pack" and "The Last of Us™ + Survival Pack" on the PSN store?

Both cost the same.

Cheska

Why the fuck where preorders cut so early for the LE/CE of this game. Why the hell this game of all games? I want a Survival Edition but its gone from all places near me and online.

It's called Limited Edition for a reason, if you wanted it, you should have done it months ago.

Yeeeep! If I'm going to pay $150 for something I want it to be exclusive and not one of those limited editions that's not actually limited at all and ends up dropping to like $50 in a month.

Darknight

Why yes like most past limited editions were in fact not limited.

Anyways its all good. Gonna get it down the line I suppose.

Edit: also im just looking for the Survival one, not the stupid $150 one. So it shouldnt be like a limited run ffs.

Phreak47

Once again all you need
a50.jpg
and wireless

I have this
6b620d46_Sony_Pulse_Headset.jpeg

... but, I also have a 7.1 system. Think I'm going with that, cranked (unless I'm playing at 3am next Friday night, which is actually highly likely!)

Soooo..probably both

chrono01

I had a pre-order for the Survival Edition, cancelled a little over a week ago [I know, stupid move], and now have no choice but to pre-order the Standard Edition.

Am I disappointed? Absolutely, but completely understandable. The amount of praise/hype this game has gotten, it doesn't surprise me that it's sold out.

I'm just happy to play the game at all. That's the most important part, anything else is extra.

Someone I know has the game already. He finished it last night and just told me now that it's his favourite game of all time.....

You know what else he said? He told me playing it gave him the same feels as when he first played Ocarina of Time. Get hype!

antitrop

Someone I know has the game already. He finished it last night and just told me now that it's his favourite game of all time.....

You know what else he said? He told me playing it gave him the same feels as when he first played Ocarina of Time. Get hype!
I've never played Ocarina of Time, but substitute Final Fantasy VII and I might have a good idea how you feel.

HardRojo

The devs are called "Naughty Dog" not "Naughty Dogs" by the way.

I can't wait for it to be here, never been this hyped for a game before.

sappyday

We all had a different game that they cherish for their rest of their lives. For me it's Kingdom Hearts. If The Last of Us evokes the same emotion that I did with that game then I can truly say that it is the best game ever made.

Phreak47

I've never played Ocarina of Time, but substitute Final Fantasy VII and I might have a good idea how you feel.

Wow. I played it on an emulator about 10 years after it had come out, and it still blew me away. I don't imagine the impact would be significantly less now.

I'd take that result.

antitrop

WAIT! You haven't played Ocarina of Time and you stopped playing Uncharted 2? Son, you disappoint me greatly...
I didn't stop playing Uncharted 2. =/ I'm still going to finish it before next Friday! Loving it so far.

I never owned an N64 as a kid, but I watched my friends play dozens of hours of the game at their house, so I never felt the need to play it myself. I typically do not enjoy the 3D Zelda games at all. Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past is where it's at, for me.

I've always been a PC gamer at heart, and the late 90s was pure PC gaming for me. FF7, StarCraft, WarCraft 2, Rainbow Six, etc, that's what I was into while everyone else was playing Ocarina.

I have the same dealio, cept I think I have it for $45. Either way I'm probably going to get a copy from gamestop (If I cant score a survival edish) and return the one from newegg.

Haha, that's a good idea, I could always take my Newegg copy back to GS later on :)

So it's been confirmed that TLOU will be shown at E3.

What should we expect? Just the launch trailer? Or a short gameplay segment?

And what's the likelihood of Sony ending its conference with an Uncharted 4 for PS4 reveal?

TLOU is going to be one hell of a swan song for the PS3 and Uncharted 4 would be an incredible way to jumpstart the PS4

Top Bottom