• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
btw. my copy has a reverse cover.

It's the GI cover in black and white without any text.

c2c61f41_10191a.jpeg

Pretty awesome.

netBuff

My first time as well. I checked PSN and on the game page, it says the download for the game and preorder packs will available at any time after 12:01am PST.

I don't have PS+ so I'll have to manually start the download. So I'll be at 4, go back to sleep, and hopefully will be playing by 10

I must be looking in the wrong places - thanks for the information! Could you maybe link the page so I know where to find this stuff in the future? I don't see any indication of release date on the site for "The Last of Us" on PSN.

I must be looking in the wrong places - thanks for the information! Could you maybe link the page so I know where to find this stuff in the future? I don't see any indication of release date on the site for "The Last of Us" on PSN.
On your console, go to the PS Store and go to TLOU. If you already preordered, it should say Download instead 59.99

If you click that, the message comes up and if you confirm, you just download the preorder static theme.

Not sure how to check online. And if you preordered, there should be confirmation in your account management and as a Sony email

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
How far am I away from this second half craziness starting....I just
crashed the truck and the humans are after me
Pretty close or am I there now?
you are about
35%
craziness starts about
1.5 hour
after that
Hyperbole? Or you serious?

Either way I like a game that builds slowly to an explosive second half/finish. Breaking Bad, Justified, those shows are like that. Everything is set in place and then the second half of the seasons had it all fall apart. Games doesn't usually pace themselves that way.
super duper serious :D
:O

gotta go faster because part 1 feels now a little bit boring.
first half is great but nothing extraordinary but second half is mind boggling so far

you are about
35%
craziness starts about
1.5 hour
after that

first half is great but nothing extraordinary but second half is mind boggling so far

My brain can't even comprehend/imagine what will occur to cause this sort of reaciton as I've thought since the demo area the game has just been freaking building up, more and more awesome. I'm scared this will happen to me at that half way point.
Exploding-head.gif

My brain can't even comprehend/imagine what will occur to cause this sort of reaciton as I've thought since the demo area the game has just been freaking building up, more and more awesome. I'm scared this will happen to me at that half way point.
Exploding-head.gif
All these impressions are just killing me. 13 hours to go (plus another 5 to download) and I can finally experience this awesome, jaw dropping, mind boggling, amazing, masterpiece of a game.

I hope my expectations aren't set too high.
---

So the multiplayer isn't just tacked on? I rarely play multiplayer. The only MP modes I've ever put time into were Spies vs Mercs, AC Brotherhood, and Red Faction Guerrilla. But TLOU's MP is good, I might have to give it a try

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Man I want this game bad. My local GameStop isn't doing a midnight release. So I'm thinking about canceling that one and heading to wal-mart at midnight.

smr00

Banned
I will wrap my question in a spoiler tab even though i don't believe the question is a spoiler since it's in all these videos but just in case people are in full media blackout, i will.

I know there are underwater levels or parts for puzzles etc. Are there any kind of enemies underwater? I have a real life fear of murky waters and underwater stuff in general so anything that takes place in water in games absolutely terrify me. Just wondering if there are any type of enemy encounters under water

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order weeks ago. Just got an e-mail from Amazon that says my copy shipped. It's not common for Amazon to mess things up so maybe it's a sign I never should have cancelled the pre-order.

So, I guess I'm back to being excited to play this tomorrow.

AxelLund

Banned
I will wrap my question in a spoiler tab even though i don't believe the question is a spoiler since it's in all these videos but just in case people are in full media blackout, i will.

I know there are underwater levels or parts for puzzles etc. Are there any kind of enemies underwater? I have a real life fear of murky waters and underwater stuff in general so anything that takes place in water in games absolutely terrify me. Just wondering if there are any type of enemy encounters under water

No enemies under water.

D23

i want to play this so bad tonight but my gamestop is not doing a mdinight launch and the nearest wallmart is not open 24 hours!!

aghh i cant wait, this is the first $60 game i will buy in yeaaaarrrrsss!!!! im sure its gonna b worth every penny of it

Cutwolf

Any tips on scoring a copy this evening in Jersey? Anywhere, really. South Jersey preferred (Trenton area, since that's where I work), but I'll be in north jersey later.

Ugh, I gave in and ordered from amazon, hope I don't regret it... I rarely buy games new. Said something about sights and sounds package, anyone know what that is?

smr00

Banned
Mine still hasn't shipped from Amazon :( Tempted to say screw it and just go by wal-mart :(
Mine just shipped like 5 minutes ago.

If you ordered it with the release day guarantee you have nothing to worry about. There might be a few exceptions here and there but i have been pre-ordering from amazon for years and have always gotten mine on release. They shipped my RDR mid-afternoon the day before and was on my doorstep when i got home from work.

BadTaste

How do I activate the Sights and Sound DLC pack? Also for some reason I was sent 2 codes, if the first one works i'll give the other away to a gaffer.

edited: i figured it out

It's what I'm planning on doing. I don't work until 11 on Friday so I can at least get a couple hours into the game before going to sleep.

Work starts at 10 for me. Takes me 40 minutes to drive to WM and back, so maybe 50 minutes altogether, factoring in picking up/paying for the game. If I leave home at 11:30, I should be back by 12:30? Gotta be up by 8:30 AM to get ready for work. Ugh god damn it, why am I planning this out? I just wanna see that intro people are talking about :(

Jeb

I'm was kinda busy this week so I just watched Sony's E3 and I think I heard Sony say they are doing away with online passes, or maybe that was some destructoid article, or maybe I misunderstood.
But if its true, does this mean Sony will copy EA and make online passes for this free?
It's the main reason this game is in the back burner of my to get list, I'm the kind that tries to avoid stuff I don't like, and I'm a big lender, if I find a game I like I'm the type to give it to my friends and push them to play through it, so I avoid online passes but if its gone I think I'l get this over the summer.

Andrew.

Banned
Work starts at 10 for me. Takes me 40 minutes to drive to WM and back, so maybe 50 minutes altogether, factoring in picking up/paying for the game. If I leave home at 11:30, I should be back by 12:30? Gotta be up by 8:30 AM to get ready for work. Ugh god damn it, why am I planning this out? I just wanna see that intro people are talking about :(

Yeah but once you see it, it will probably be impossible to turn off and walk away from, which is why I CANT pick this sucker up at midnight. I cant afford to be zombified at work tomorrow especially if Im gonna be pulling an all nighter tomorrow night.

spannicus

Any tips on scoring a copy this evening in Jersey? Anywhere, really. South Jersey preferred (Trenton area, since that's where I work), but I'll be in north jersey later.

Gamestop on route 22 Springfield Road midnight release. North jerz. Playing this shit all night on my projector at my girls house lol.

Cutwolf

Gamestop on route 22 Springfield Road midnight release. North jerz. Playing this shit all night on my projector at my girls house lol.

Bah, midnight doesn't help me because I have work in the AM.

Hoping for true street-date-breaking early so I can game this evening :)

Yeah but once you see it, it will probably be impossible to turn off and walk away from, which is why I CANT pick this sucker up at midnight. I cant afford to be zombified at work tomorrow especially if Im gonna be pulling an all nighter tomorrow night.
I'm the same way. It's like a good book, once the game hooks me, I can play for four, five hours straight

Good thing I'm on vacation (college student). Hopefully I can start playing by 9 or 10am and then I'll have at least 5 hours to play, no parents or annoying brother to bother me

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Exploding-head.gif

I just quieted the game because the place I have just reached in the game was so beautiful I didn't want to continue and leave that place lol

I'm the same way. It's like a good book, once the game hooks me, I can play for four, five hours straight

Good thing I'm on vacation (college student). Hopefully I can start playing by 9 or 10am and then I'll have at least 5 hours to play, no parents or annoying brother to bother me

I'll be working mostly on the road tomorrow so i'll pick it up before I head home. Tomorrow evening is going to be amazing, and I should have the day Saturday to play until like 6 when I have a dinner to go to.

Dany

Banned
It's my first time pre-ordering a game through PSN.

Does the game download before its 'activated' like steam? When and where do I go to download it, I have the theme.
How big is the game anyhows?

It's my first time pre-ordering a game through PSN.

Does the game download before its 'activated' like steam? When and where do I go to download it, I have the theme.
How big is the game anyhows?
If you're a PS+ member, you can auto-download. If not, you have manually start the download

To do that, you go to the PS Store, to the TLOU page, and press Download. If you live in the US, the game will be available to download at 12:01 PST (3:01 EST :()

Top Bottom