• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

jbpaz

How do I download the psn preorder? I don't see it anywhere. All I have is the static theme in my download history. Nothing on my xmb.

If there ever was an example of a current generation game with fantastic art direction, but so goddamn dense and busy with assets and textures that 720p with dick all texture filtering do more harm than good, this would be it. Coupled with the spotty framerate, The Last of Us is begging for a PS4 port.

Yeah I've been saying for a while from just straight visuals in videos and screenshots that this game is horribly hindered by current hardware. I would love to see it much higher res

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
And it looks like the game didn't unlock in Canada at 12:00 EST. Unless I don't know where to look for it? On the TLOU page at PSN store I can still just download static theme, and that's it.

How do I download the psn preorder? I don't see it anywhere. All I have is the static theme in my download history. Nothing on my xmb.
I think it's just too early. I read now that the game unlocks at 12:00 PST, which means in 3 hours...

What difficulty level are you guys playing on?

I'm on normal, 2hrs in and find the AI to be quite stupid at times.

Are you referring to infected or human AI? I've been skeptical of the AI in this game ever since that E3 demo showcased some seemingly next level AI. Anyone who's played it, can you comment on human AI?

daoster

you have to download the game using a separate client? can't just download and leave it in the background while I play Uncharted or something else???

Oppo

Wha the fuck is up, Sony

12:10 AM EST and no clue as to how to download my digital preorder. Very poor form.

I know I wo'nt have it tonight but at least let me queue the goddamn thing up before bed, assholes. (Sorry)

Are you referring to infected or human AI? I've been skeptical of the AI in this game ever since that E3 demo showcased some seemingly next level AI. Anyone who's played it, can you comment on human AI?

Its alright I guess, inconsistent would be the best word to describe it. Clickers are the worst though I regularly get caught by them even when I am standing still.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Im not sure why people got the digital pre order? I mean living in the UK means we get pretty competitive prices. Preordering physical pretty much guarantees you get the game early now.
Two reasons for me: I want to have the game attached to my account so once Gaikai thing works on PS4, there's a very good chance I won't have to re-buy this to play it through that service on PS4.
Second reason is that I don't want to hear the disc while playing the game. I don't keep volume high, and I could hear disc, sometimes quite a bit, in every Uncharted game.

Umi88

Im not sure why people got the digital pre order? I mean living in the UK means we get pretty competitive prices. Preordering physical pretty much guarantees you get the game early now.

Im not from UK, got the digital version because I had some psn credit from promotions to spend, otherwhise would have got physical version of the game :p

Wait, how are people already downloading TLoU? Is it up on the store?

It's up for Europe and also Asia got to preload all or almost all the game

hEist

and here we go.

Photo%2014.06.13%2006%2006%2049.jpg

Yes, I'm referring to the human AI early on in the game on normal and I'm seriously considering upping the difficulty level.

The AI guards are often seen standing there with their backs towards you ready for a take down.

A few times I've accidentally ran in front of one and he didn't even notice me.

Fjordson

On normal the AI is nothing special. Haven't seen anything bad or glitchy, and it keeps you on your toes, but it's nothing mind blowing.

That's strange. Isn't the digital game supposed to be locked for a few more hours? Playing it right now.

I downloaded it via the south east Asia PSN and playing it on my US account.

Im not from UK, got the digital version because I had some psn credit from promotions to spend, otherwhise would have got physical version of the game :p

It's up for Europe and also Asia got to preload all or almost all the game

Yeah I figured, many people from Scandinavia buy off PSN store because its a lot cheaper than in the shops.

antitrop

I'm still about 18 hours out from being able to play this. :(

And that's if the forest fire cooperates. Work is going to be unbearable tomorrow for both reasons.

Raxus

Spoiler thread is up for those of you who want to discuss the game who managed to get advanced copies. I am not going to bother linking it in this thread since I don't want to accidentally ruin it for the rest of you. It is marked pretty clearly if you need to find it.

Yes, I'm referring to the human AI early on in the game on normal and I'm seriously considering upping the difficulty level.

The AI guards are often seen standing there with their backs towards you ready for a take down.

A few times I've accidentally ran in front of one and he didn't even notice me.

On normal the AI is nothing special. Haven't seen anything bad or glitchy, and it keeps you on your toes, but it's nothing mind blowing.

Huh... That's disappointing. So was the tense gameplay shown at E3 with seemingly dynamic/emergent AI just smoke and mirrors then?

Well I am very pleased. Only spoilers I saw until this point were a YouTube thumbnail which kind of showed something I wish I hadn't seen, and a YouTube video title, which revealed something in regards to enemies. Overall, I can't believe I made it so far and was spoiled so little. So excited that I get to finally enjoy this game :)

Well, the new games I've enjoyed the most this year so far have been Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey IV, the games I've put the most hours into have been Pinball Arcade and Toejam and Earl, I haven't touched Metro:LL or MGS:R yet this year, and I dunno what's coming out in November or December that I might play, so I'm predicting only that I'll probably half ass yet another list once the voting thread shows up.

Fjordson

Huh... That's disappointing. So was the tense gameplay shown at E3 with seemingly dynamic/emergent AI just smoke and mirrors then?
Maybe not. I'm still early in the game. And it's probably more intense on higher difficulties.

Like I said, it's fine, just not jumping out as great to me. It's still plenty tense.

HardRojo

The game arrives tomorrow to my US address and then it'll be 3-4 more days till it arrives to my house here in Peru, I wish I could get it before the weekend but what gives, will play it next weekend.

Here's the Redbox copy!

Figured since they get new releases on Tuesday it would be in the machine already, and become available when the date changed to 6/14

Maybe not. I'm still early in the game. And it's probably more intense on higher difficulties.

Like I said, it's fine, just not jumping out as great to me. It's still plenty tense.

Thanks for the impressions. I didn't have any expectations In regards to the game (I find ND games to be mechanically average) but the reviews got me hyped for once

Here's the Redbox copy!

8c0f5834-91d5-4b56-b4df-c8f829d93967_zps2bfa6740.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Figured since they get new releases on Tuesday it would be in the machine already, and become available when the date changed to 6/14

Oh wow, did you just score that? I might head to a redbox if so

Top Bottom