• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Mother was on her way home from a concert and she went by gamestop and picked up a copy for me because she felt bad(I'd asked her to go in and pre-order it for me while I was out of state and she forgot). Lol, won't try to find a survival edition now I suppose.

She said she got a free copy of the limited edition guide for being one of the first customers though. Does gamestop do that often? If so I'll have to go more often.

Edit: For the Pulse headphones, I know there isn't a preset out right now going by previous comments but how do you actually install those anyway?

antitrop

Man tomorrow is gonna be awesome, i'll pick up my copy at 11 am and i'll play a couple of hours, then some work, then i pick up my son at school, i send him upstairs and play some more, the take him to his soccer game at 5 pm, have a client meeting at 7 and then off to see superman with my wife. So it's work, play, kids, play,soccer game, work, movie and probably sex to round up the day haha, perfect friday rigth there.

Throw some sort of mind-altering substance in there and that sounds like a dream day, to me.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im now playing the section immediately after
the E3 demo area
... HOLY FUCK. Most intense, immersive shit I have ever played. Maybe its these pulse headphones but goddamn its actually ... scary.

Sats

Banned
So how much does the game have to be downloaded again to be played?

A friend gave me a free pre-order at Gamestop, but I might just start the download tonight.

vPHl3QCl.jpg

Sats

Banned
Calculated with my crappy internet about how long it would take me to play. The answer is way too long.

I'm just gonna buy the game physical tomorrow.

DrBo42

Calculated with my crappy internet about how long it would take me to play. The answer is way too long.

Brutal. What's your rate?

Can't wait for PS4 so I don't have to deal with this bullshit about downloading 65% of the game.

They really need to have pre-loading for PS4 as well, and release dates that are 12 AM EST ffs.
:lol Do you think there's some magical server farm in the clouds or something?

Can't wait for PS4 so I don't have to deal with this bullshit about downloading 65% of the game.

They really need to have pre-loading for PS4 as well, and release dates that are 12 AM EST ffs.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Took the day off, has been pissing down with rain for a majority of the day. Has made the rainy sections of TLOU very, very atmospheric.

Sats

Banned

I don't like to say because it is embarrassing to me.

I'll be able to play the game around 3:30 if I buy physical. A lot later if I buy digital.

Man tomorrow is gonna be awesome, i'll pick up my copy at 11 am and i'll play a couple of hours, then some work, then i pick up my son at school, i send him upstairs and play some more, the take him to his soccer game at 5 pm, have a client meeting at 7 and then off to see superman with my wife. So it's work, play, kids, play,soccer game, work, movie and probably sex to round up the day haha, perfect friday rigth there.

I just have a driving lesson :/

MFPSN

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been posted, such a long thread. So if we purchased from PSN digitally, when can I start to download it? I'm in the Central Time Zone and it's past midnight here....

Umi88

so... game goes playable @ 68.16% :

mVctKVS.jpg

Also, the countdown above the percentage its an ETA for when it will go playable :p

and now.. off to play yay!

Oh damn they released a patch! 46mb(EU) v1.01

I gotta say I'm excited about becoming a good survivor in multiplayer. And I like how there's a listen mode in the visuals so I don't feel like I need to wear my headphones. I did lose a mission though that threatened 100% of my "clan", so now i'm down to 5 healthy survivors again. From having 80 on my first day haha.

It is a game full of wall hacks in the design though and i don't know if I like that or not.

DrBo42

Make sure to tell her you'll help her achieve wonders. Then it's perfect.

Orca

Got the Futureshop shipping notice days ago and was hoping it would show up today. No such luck. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be pissed.

I went to the Redbox outside Walgreens down the street from me - Clock struck 12 and still no update - 12:01 - still nothing. 12:02 - and there it was - Got the only copy

20130614_000636.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*make stealth game*
*code AI to find and become alert over bodies*
*impossible to move bodies*

THE LAST OF US

I went from normal to hard. I've noticed that the AI guards with a flashlight do nothing when they see your companions. Could be a bug, I dunno.

Magnus

I fucking suck at this game. On Normal.

These one-hit kills (basically) are ending me repeatedly. One mistake and you lose all progress in an area. Sucks so much.

Phreak47

UPS is on target for delivery tomorrow.

I've avoided everything, including this thread, all week. The only spoiler this thread gave me tonight is now I know what the disc looks like. Lawl. I can live with that.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
AI is a little disappointing. Here is one instance which I posted elsewhere.

AI seems questionable. In one instance I was sneaky around a ******* yard trying to get the jump on the enemies and I was getting close. Then my sidekick just runs straight up to me to catch up. She was standing in plain sight and actually ran (read: clipped) through the enemy to get to my position. Neither NPC or enemy reacted to being close. Kinda took away the atmosphere of that section, but thankfully that was soon forgotten.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

AI seems questionable. In one instance I was sneaky around a ******* yard trying to get the jump on the enemies and I was getting close. Then my sidekick just runs straight up to me to catch up. She was standing in plain sight and actually ran (read: clipped) through the enemy to get to my position. Neither NPC or enemy reacted to being close. Kinda took away the atmosphere of that section, but thankfully that was soon forgotten.

Not sure why they wouldn't just have your A.I companion sneak just besides you in those situations...

Yea that's the only thing. i heard it was intentional as having the NPC and enemies detect your ally while you're in stealth would be worse because then you'd be getting spotted by something you can't control.

So I never closed my tab for Redbox and I refreshed and suddenly the closer Redbox locations have it. In the event anyone gave up after their midnight change.

The little touches with friendly AI are cool. Tess says "nice and quiet, Texas" when I'm being stealthy. Just a moment later, when I was looking for the last guy to take out, she whispered "behind you" and I was able to see him in time to dodge a bullet. Had no idea he was there. Thanks, Tess!

This game is brilliant so far. The intro wasn't THAT amazing, but it certainly was very well done. Really does have that RE4 feel with the quiet, dreary atmosphere and hostile world. Melee animates beautifully and feels satisfying. I love throwing a bottle at some guy's face and then sprinting up while he's stunned to smash his head against a wall.

graywolf323

I really like day 1 digital and being able to preorder on PSN but Sony better fix one thing on PS4

fucking time zones :| I shouldn't have to wait until 3am to play The Last of Us

antitrop

Can't get it until tomorrow afternoon. SO PUMPED.

I'm right there with you, man. Get off work at 4pm and will hop on over to the Walmart across the street and get home as quickly as possible. Put together smoke nice snacks, some smokes, gallons of Mountain Dew and be playing by 4:30.

This OT automatically refreshing to my left, headphones on, and fully immersed.

Tomorrow is going to be fucking awesome.

Top Bottom