• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

njean777

I have no clue why they just do not unlock it when 12am hits on the east coast. Hopefully they allow pre-loading. I love that about steam and would really like it on ps4.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just starting this. Should I go with Normal or Hard?

We don't know how good you are at games to answer. I myself am finding Hard quite easy so far, only died once after 3 hrs, while someone else here complained Normal was too punishing for them.

Personally, I would start on hard then dial it down if you're struggling. That way if you don't have any problems, you'll get the Hard trophy on your first playthrough and be the envy of your mates while girls will throw themselves at you*.

May or may not be true

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Having a problem trying to update this game to 1.01

It says "Please Wait" and then promptly restarts my PS3. Scared about this but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 60 gig launch model btw.

GRIP

I'm gonna be playing on normal with listen mode on for my first play through. For me, first play through is about experiencing the story and not having to worry about getting stalled constantly at more difficult parts. Second play through is when I want to challenge myself. But that's just me.

Soler

Banned

It says "Please Wait" and then promptly restarts my PS3. Scared about this but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 60 gig launch model btw.
Not an answer but what's the file size if you don't mind me asking

Bummer. I'm on a 60 GB launch model and had no such problem installing the update.

Badgerst3

Day off tomorrow.

830- kid to preschool
1000- pick up preorder at best buy
1030-130p- TLOU with kick ass headphones
200p- ocean swim and fish tacos
300p-500p- TLOU

Then pick up kid, make dinner, etc. Back to reality.

Still a great Friday.

BeeDog

When the patch screen pops up, try waiting for a short time until the HDD light in front of the PS3 stops blink (around a minute or so), then press OK.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
When the patch screen pops up, try waiting for a short time until the HDD light in front of the PS3 stops blink (around a minute or so), then press OK.

I don't know why, but this did the trick. Thank you.

The patch is 46 mb btw.

DaFish

Same here, not a 60 GB btw

edit: I will try the above trick

Badgerst3

That's a loooooooong day at preschool!

She is 5 and loves her school. Lucky like that.

Then the weekends are all family (swim lessons, judo, hang out, meals together, etc)

About once every 3 months I get a Friday off.

Can't wait for a day of gaming. Been too long.

Hoping TLOU lives up to the hype. Seems like one of those games that scream for headphones.

I was going to purchase this game tomorrow but I just can't bring myself to spend $60 on a game anymore. I'm going to redbox it over the weekend and pick it up later at a cheaper price. Sorry ND, I do not have the funds to support the team!

GRIP

T-1 hour for the us psn version?

can-t-wait-o.gif

Reserved mined of a redbox station. Ill buy the game but not not since I dont own the money and Im still waiting for someone to cancel their art book edition

*make stealth game*
*code AI to find and become alert over bodies*
*impossible to move bodies*

THE LAST OF US

I'm yet to play it but I think it makes sense.

Firstly, dead bodies are heavy and hard to carry. I think it's silly when games make it look easy. Totally unrealistic. Especially when there's a girl passed out in your trunk.

Secondly, I guess it pushes the story forward and makes killing a more "important" thing. Like you only do it when you have to. Guards are going to suspect something if a guard is missing if you think about it actually taking place.

It's interesting and maybe this is bad apologetics for the game. We'll see when I go buy it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Seriously, what a weird design decision.

It's that Uncharted-like game design where you're supposed to play how the game wants you to play rather than apply yourself organically to a situation.

Firstly, dead bodies are heavy and hard to carry. I think it's silly when games make it look easy. Totally unrealistic. Especially when there's a girl passed out in your trunk.

Right. So make lifting a moving bodies a slow process, just like the game's combat already is. There's a risk/reward element to simply entangling with any opponent. Moving them can be just the same, and would fit the mood of the game.

Secondly, I guess it pushes the story forward and makes killing a more "important" thing. Like you only do it when you have to. Guards are going to suspect something if a guard is missing if you think about it actually taking place.

The game doesn't shy away from the necessity to kill though. You do it often, because the AI tells you to, or because a scenario calls for it (at least early on). Sneaking is paramount but they've put just as much work into the idea of engaging your enemy.

It just seems totally conflicting to me. To say "take out that dude" but permanently punishing you for doing so by turning the deceased target into a lure for other AI. Especially in a game that puts so much work into the animation and presentation of the way you engage people and the environment to make it as realistic and believable as possible. It's that trademark gamey restriction showing through.

Hey guys, Is the online "Factions" portion of the game up and running for everyone yet?

I've had the game for a while, but Factions has been disabled. I'm not sure if it's up yet because it's asking me to input an Online Pass code in order to proceed, and I don't have said code. What's worse, when attempting to buy the Online Pass code from the in-game menu, it tells me that the item is not available for purchase. :(

Thanks everyone!

webkatt

Hey guys, Is the online "Factions" portion of the game up and running for everyone yet?

I've had the game for a while, but Factions has been disabled. I'm not sure if it's up yet because it's asking me to input an Online Pass code in order to proceed, and I don't have said code. What's worse, when attempting to buy the Online Pass code from the in-game menu, it tells me that the item is not available for purchase. :(

Thanks everyone!

my game came with an online pass and I entered it several hours ago. I played a few matches but got annoyed that I was consistently placed on the losing team that was perpetually 5v3

Need some help. I'm stuck a couple of hours in at
the part where you fall down the elevator and then start the power generator. One of the huge armored guys comes out as well as a few of the easier to take down runners. I've already got the key card and the door won't open and I'm finding it impossible to kill the big armored guy because he always gets close and of course that is immediate unblockable death. Am I missing something? I am supposed to kill this guy right?

A few but not many. There's that boost me up, hold open garage door while NPC gets in like we've seen in Uncharted :). Oh and Joel does wall touching like drake when he's crouched.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My Survival Edition has finally been processed and is now shipping, so I should be getting it by tomorrow. Can't wait! Unfortunately, we're in crunch time, so I won't be able to play it until I get home from work, which will be pretty late. I'm hoping we don't have to come into work on Saturday. I think I might rage if we do.

Damn, these really are the best gunshots I've heard in a game. Am using those pulse headphones but damn do they just sound loud and forceful. Terrifying.

Hmm, try using the d-pad and see from there.
Like choosing an empty spot.

Nope, it just switches through items. Not a big deal at all, he puts it away after a few seconds. Just wish you could do it on command, living having that tiny bit of control :D

Top Bottom