• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Why the fuck where preorders cut so early for the LE/CE of this game. Why the hell this game of all games? I want a Survival Edition but its gone from all places near me and online.

Dumbest shit ever. Guess ND will lose a sale from me. Oh well, used it is.

Uh... okay. You could have placed a free preorder on Amazon when it was announced and cancelled it later should you change your mind. But you missed out due to your own error, so now you'll punish the developer?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Was gonna get those, how are they?

Great headset. Not only does it work with pc, but you can use them on any device with a headphone jack. The bass is kind of overbearing (thats without the bass thing they advertise) but there are plenty of preset settings to choose from (you can actually modify the firmware on it to add and remove more eq settings).

Loakum

Banned
I am a man of weak will. I haven't been on a blackout for this game, but I'm relatively uninformed about it (I just found out what listen mode was like, what, half an hour ago?).

I haven't watched the intro on YT, yet, but I have a feeling I will end up doing so before I actually play the game.

I know it's tempting, but BE STRONG! Why have a quick snack, when you can have the main course in just 5 short days?

I am a man of weak will. I haven't been on a blackout for this game, but I'm relatively uninformed about it (I just found out what listen mode was like, what, half an hour ago?).

I haven't watched the intro on YT, yet, but I have a feeling I will end up doing so before I actually play the game.

If I can do it, you can do it

I literally have spoiled every movie and game for myself for like the last year. But TLOU is the first game in a long time where I know almost nothing beyond what the trailers have revealed

Just avoid Youtube the best you can, and avoid reviews. Especially the Gamerliving review

Quick

Banned
Got bored, made more avatars.

iSEaZzgVW2vdi.jpg

ifWU6cEWBXQg7.jpg
iGLW9n32fwKFu.jpg
iUeXfSjxp8ev6.png
iTSV3aS4YiO1C.jpg

ibwO08XnMQamCZ.jpg
ibzwrqgpucA1IJ.jpg
ibdpuSbj3RBgbq.jpg
ibnZZSPJpQcsWY.jpg

iHihJR5I47Ifd.jpg
iNag9xyaRam0X.jpg
iNrzhSxeVrTkw.png
i7POTc1WyPyQI.jpg

iZmbW5o69pZel.jpg
ibgj6AK3JH7iBY.jpg

Valnen

Great headset. Not only does it work with pc, but you can use them on any device with a headphone jack. The bass is kind of overbearing (thats without the bass thing they advertise) but there are plenty of preset settings to choose from (you can actually modify the firmware on it to add and remove more eq settings).

Can you use it while it's charging?

Artex

Banned
This is rough as there will be no outlet for my hype, but I'm out of this thread. Shit is too risky and I've made it this far.

Can those who already have the game share cool moments with the enemy AI? I want to hear how smart, dynamic, etc. the AI is.
Balance of Power FTW

Just no spoilery stuff like locations...

Magnus

Environment detail...spoiler?

Good to see that the yellow = climb/ledge heritage from Uncharted is intact! Hahaha

Can those who already have the game share cool moments with the enemy AI? I want to hear how smart, dynamic, etc. the AI is.
Balance of Power FTW

Just no spoilery stuff like locations...

Completely run of the mill so far. No evidence of anything new or extraordinary. Somewhere between 2-3 hours in.

For all I know though, moments that seem scripted may actually be dynamic and will play out differently the next time I play through...?

Maedhros

Don't do this to yourself man. You actually own a PS3 to play the game. I don't. So I needed to see this, somehow.

I usually cave like that and spoil it for myself, but if it's as good as people say then I'm gonna hold out. It will be worth it

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Can you use it while it's charging?

Yes you can! The headset already gets a pretty decent 5 hours, but sometimes when I'm playing pc and the battery is dying, I can just hook it up via USB and play uninterrupted.

Environment detail...spoiler?

Good to see that the yellow = climb/ledge heritage from Uncharted is intact! Hahaha

Completely run of the mill so far. No evidence of anything new or extraordinary. Somewhere between 2-3 hours in.

For all I know though, moments that seem scripted may actually be dynamic and will play out differently the next time I play through...?
Really? I saw two videos of the same area (same from E3) that played differently
AI reacting to empty guns, reacting to human shields, begging for their lives, running from Joel, flanking and ambushing, searching for Joel....

Maybe it's because you've only played the tutorial or early in the game?
I hope that this is not the case. The AI was one of the main reasons I was so hyped for this game!

Don't watch it. I have no desire to watch the intro to a game at all for anything. I want to shit myself when I play this game.

Really? I saw two videos of the same area (same from E3) that played differently
AI reacting to empty guns, reacting to human shields, begging for their lives, running from Joel, flanking and ambushing, searching for Joel....

Maybe it's because you've only played the tutorial or early in the game?
I hope that this is not the case. The AI was one of the main reasons I was so hyped for this game!

The video the guy posted of his playthrough through the E3 area demo quelled my small doubts. The AI is fantastic. Either way, the AI is still arguably better than the majority of games out now.

Phreak47

Wait what? You can modify the firmware on the Pulse headphones? Link?

iNvid02

remember to watch out for comments on videos and streams, doubly so if that stuff is live with tons of unmoderated responses flowing in. and twitter too. and forums. basically the Internet. even gaf pms with spoilers in the fucking subject line - ain't even checking mine until I play this through

starting or ending e3 by getting tlou spoiled would suck balls

@jett
it sucks for sure but it could play out a few different ways, could still be surprised and enjoy it.

The video the guy posted of his playthrough through the E3 area demo quelled my small doubts. The AI is fantastic. Either way, the AI is still arguably better than the majority of games out now.
These were the videos if anyone's interested

Both videos showcase the same area from the E3 demo

The first is more stealthy and only 2 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZK1Bj5AziM&hd=1

The second is more violent and about 3 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKlEqgfY9Z4&hd=1

Someone I know has the game already. He finished it last night and just told me now that it's his favourite game of all time.....

You know what else he said? He told me playing it gave him the same feels as when he first played Ocarina of Time. Get hype!

I never played OOT but games can't reach the enjoyment they did for me when I was a kid because kids have much stronger emotions that grown ups just can't replicate imo.

Speaking objectively, I can't say this is my most anticipated game ever, this gen alone I would put MGS4 first, GT5 and SC2 follow, then U2 and Diablo 3 (what a load of ****) and maybe TLoU after that. I'm kinda glad that there isn't as much pressure on the game to deliver as a result, I can just play the game and enjoy it.

Mikey Jr.

Yep.

1. Fuck this thread.

2. Fuck conference chat on IRC, streams, etc. Fuck all those chats.

3. Fuck youtube comments.

4. Fuck 4chan.

I've gone this long without being spoiled.

jschreier

What were your expectations personally?
I didn't expect this to be a pantheon game along the lines of Link to the Past or Suikoden II, but I expected it to be an awesome action/adventure and a strong GOTY contender, which it definitely is so far (alongside Ni no Kuni and Fire Emblem). And I hear it just gets better in the second half.

Maedhros

I didn't expect this to be a pantheon game along the lines of Link to the Past or Suikoden II, but I expected it to be an awesome action/adventure and a strong GOTY contender, which it definitely is so far (alongside Ni no Kuni and Fire Emblem). And I hear it just gets better in the second half.

Wait... 68% and you're still not on the second half?

Teknoman

I believe so fellow GAFfer. From other GAFfers they praise those Headsets so you should be fine. My Headset is not the best one, it's a Tritton but they are more than fine to give a great vibe for this game!

---

Well, if they can't hear you, at least some, can see you. And if you can hear them you can avoid being seen... :p

Ah gotcha. Oh and I thought you meant something along the lines of them hearing you talk over a headset :p

So it's been confirmed that TLOU will be shown at E3.

What should we expect? Just the launch trailer? Or a short gameplay segment?

And what's the likelihood of Sony ending its conference with an Uncharted 4 for PS4 reveal?

TLOU is going to be one hell of a swan song for the PS3 and Uncharted 4 would be an incredible way to jumpstart the PS4

It's been confirmed? I'm guessing they'll just that it's been reviewed as one of the best games this generation and is only available on the PS3 and show a shirt story clip. I doubt they would cut their own sales by announcing a PS4 version.

Vire

Sweet, thanks for the quick impressions.

Not that I needed to be more hyped.

Top Bottom