• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

pje122

Oh and I hope you guys have a nice sound system. Make sure to set the dynamic range to max...
During the opening sequence I got the crap scared out of me a few times from the audio alone...

Dr Dogg

*make stealth game*
*code AI to find and become alert over bodies*
*impossible to move bodies*

THE LAST OF US

Oddly I can deal with that, mainly because Splinter Cell screwed the pooch in that respect first. What really irks me is Joel's gathering animation. Everything else feels precise and polished but if Joel sees some stuff on the ground he's just got to air swing his arms around the object, sometimes a few feet away from where it is. I'm searching at that to find faults.

yea, ill give the ylod fix a try soon. Hopefully it works long enough to get my disc and a couple save files. kinda stuck though as I just preordered a ps4 and dont really want to buy another ps3 just for this game and a few others. Needs a price drop bad.

I have had the systems go back to YLOD after the fix. Usually get a few weeks out of them before that. But you can just repeat the steps and it will usually work again. If it fails in a week or so it is most likely that you did not get it hot enough.

Here are some other help full tips:

1. Take pictures with your camera or smart phone at every level of disassemble. Makes it much easier to put back together.

2. If you end up with and extra screw or two don't panic. The system will be fine with a few missing screws if you happen to mess up.

3. When in the oven make sure the board is as flat as possible with the solder balls facing up. (This is so the solder doesn't run or drip, it shouldn't normally do this anyway but be safe)

4. Make sure you let it cool slowly and do not put it back together until completely cooled down. Cooling to quick or messing with the board while hot can damage it.

Good Luck :)

bcote

Neo Member
in the process of downloading now, half hour is better than waiting till tomorrow now lets see how long this download takes

You should be able to click on the game in the PSN store, and it should say download below the title.

Shit, I did that 100 times. Then right after I posted that, the magic d/l button popped up. Not cool Sony, not cool. I get that there are hiccups, but make sure the shit works on one of your biggest titles at minute 0. Not giving me much confidence with the digital future of the PS4. That said, it's downloading the installer now, so it's better than nothing.

Seems like there are already some YouTube walkthroughs on this. Is the game difficult in some way or is it a walk through the park like Uncharted?

chico

great my big old ps3 just died...after 6 wonderful years, ylod! :(

p.s. nothing to do with the patch, it died before i could even start the game.

Hanmik

whhat !!?? source?

not going to patch it then

a patch can´t make a system go "BOOOMM".. lol.. YLOD comes from overheating. how can a patch overheat a PS3..? it patches up small problem with the game, it doesn´t cover your PS3 in latex.

Sheroking

It appeared to do so to a poster in this thread????

His console yellow-lighted while he was downloading a patch. The patch didn't even install, it can't cause hardware failure.

My 360 red ringed for the first time when I was playing Modern Warfare for the first time. Call of Duty didn't cause it to red ring.

ekim

40% in the game... it's a good game but no 10/10 (yet) ... There are too many things that break the immersion for me. (area boundaries, graphics outdoors,
AI not recognizing Ellie
areas filled with chest high crates, bricks and bottles... you know what's going to happen... feels very staged
)

That said, the enemy encounters itself and everything indoor make up for most of the things listed above. A 9/10 from me at this point.

MisterC20XX

Woohoo! 12:40am PST with 2 hours and 32 minute to go. Now I can finally go to bed and have sweet dreams of the infected! See you the morning, TLOUGAF!

His console yellow-lighted while he was downloading a patch. The patch didn't even install, it can't cause hardware failure.

My 360 red ringed for the first time when I was playing Modern Warfare for the first time. Call of Duty didn't cause it to red ring.

My 360 red ringed on GTA IV launch day. So I went out and bought a ps3 plus GTA IV.

Top Bottom