• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

batbeg

Is there any indication of how long single player should take, actually? I have about 12 hours left in which I could play it today, and maybe a few hours tomorrow, and don't particularly want to rent it more than 2 days.

Just found it in the OP. Might wait til later this week.

2 hours 54 minutes to go. So essentially, it's a midnight launch for me. Still, It's better than having to drive to the store and deal with all the crazies here in Hawaii.

Of course, I happen to have the one little game store that doesn't break street dates. :( Boo. The clerk was shocked when I told him that other stores had done so, though. It was kinda funny because another customer all of sudden went, "Oh, yeah, EVERYONE is breaking the street date." and kept going on about it.

ekim

How can you make sure your PS3 doesn't shut off during the download, just keep your controller on, right?

If you are currently downloading, just try to turn off the system - it will ask you to turn off after the download finished.

EekTheKat

I absolutely hate downloaders like this, I can at least put a regular download in the background, or simply queue it up, go to bed, and let the auto console shutoff shut off my PS3 once it's download is done.

1 hour 51 minutes left on 30Mbps cable. This new download client seems like it may be somesort of torrent client as my upstream seems saturated as well.

TripOpt55

Picked up a retail copy at midnight. The intro was pretty damn cool, but otherwise it feels like I'm just getting going. Enjoyable so far though.

squidyj

I should just go to bed so I can get up early tomorrow and go grab my copy and play all day... buuuut that's not going to happen.

I'm envious of anyone whose download is only gonna take them 5 hours (or even less than that...)

Just started the download a few mins ago and it's 4:02pm here and I don't think the game will get to 50% for at least 12-16 hours, my internet has been a little slower than usual lately too.

I have a monthly quota so I have like 70gb left till the 23rd and this game will take a big chunk out of that haha. Oh Australia, won't your internets ever learn. Actually it's only 60gb left now, which would usually be more than enough... but it'll be more like 30gb 24 hours from now.

I'm stoked about the playable at 50% thing though, as it would take me more than 24 hours to download 26gb... Aside from how much I wish it would download quicker for me, I'm super happy the game is out now :D

I wanna say that I read that the countdown timer is actually a timer until you can play the game, not till it's fully downloaded. Is that true?

Top Bottom