• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

zoukka

Early game question:
where do I find the goddamn key to the first door that needs one... the enviroment or the dead thugs don't have it... I feel so dumb.

Cheska

Early game question:
where do I find the goddamn key to the first door that needs one... the enviroment or the dead thugs don't have it... I feel so dumb.

Early game:
Are you talking about the warehouse by the docks before you find Robert? My key was dropped by one of the thugs who was guarding a door on the lower level.

Just finished the game... took my very sweet time with.

What do I have to say about it?

PERFECTION in every possible way, best game of the 7th generation and one of the best 10 games I've ever played.

This game got it all.

An experience that will stick in my mind for years and years to come.

Bravo ND, you are truly the best game developers in the industry.

Just lost an hour and a half plus of progress, it only had the frozen autosave for 10 minutes :/ I figured I'd quit out to fix it and when I loaded my save which said 10:23(when I quit out) and I was way far back as mentioned above. Really a bummer, especially because I had just gone through a rather scary section. Don't know if I should play again until they fix it. Oh well, all desire to play any more today just vanished at the very least. Time to head to dreamland.

20cent

Banned
Just played for 1-2 hours.

I loved the beginning while not really original, I have to say I'm not impressed so far, I don't like the characters I've encountered and the gameplay is far from extraordinary yet.
Again, it's just the beginning I guess, I'm prepared to have my mind blown away. I hope.

Just noticed the autosave bug, that's annoying.

Just played for 1-2 hours.

I loved the beginning while not really original, I have to say I'm not impressed so far, I don't like the characters I've encountered and the gameplay is far from extraordinary yet.
Again, it's just the beginning I guess, I'm prepared to have my mind blown away. I hope.

Just noticed the autosave bug, that's annoying.

Alas I am not the only one!

Cheska

I think I might have to turn it down to easy. I simply can not aim for shit with a controller, my brother keeps laughing at me :/

There's no shame in that :) I can't aim with Kb+M for the life of me so you'd probably see me playing something on the easiest level if I were on a PC.

Vire

HEADS UP FIX FOR AUTOSAVE GLITCH: DISABLE YOUR INTERNET/MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T SIGNED INTO PSN.

Apparently has been working for everyone in the other thread. People have been able to play with no problems offline.

zoukka

Already enjoying the combat a million times more than in Uncharted just because it has less of it and it's a bit more slow/methodical.

Otherwise it seems like a solid game so far. Nothing mindblowing yet.

HEADS UP FIX FOR AUTOSAVE GLITCH: DISABLE YOUR INTERNET/MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T SIGNED INTO PSN.

Apparently has been working for everyone in the other thread. People have been able to play with no problems offline.

Cool!

Will the game Autosave after a while if I leave the game paused?
Or does it start autosaving again after a certain part in the game? Anyone know?

Has anyone else tried playing offline, like Vire suggested?

I tried to tell people to curb expectations for the first few hours since hype was extremely high. I felt similar to some of you. Keep going till the demo and beyond... this is when things pick up considerable and continue doing so.

Everyone experiences it. It takes nearly 2 minutes (or more based on comments) to load the game up every time. Thankfully it only seems to be at the start. I personally haven't encountered significant loads mid-game.
Oh...every games like that, going through logos and stuff. But actually playing, no loading issues

And I did turned off my network connection and game's autosaving

Cheska

Thank you Vire!! Going to try this when I get home just to be on the safe side.

20cent

Banned
great.
autosaving bug.

I read here and there to turn off the auto save option. No such option, at least in the in-game options. convenient.

Unplugged my internet. No change.

Quitted the game. Made my PS3 reset.

Restarted the game. Load. "Prologue" - 14 min played. I just lost 2 hours.

I don't want to replay these 2 hours they were f. boring.

Day one DLC, day one patch, day one major bug.

Naughty Dog God 10/10 Citizen Kane A+. Alright.

great.
autosaving bug.

I read here and there to turn off the auto save option. No such option, at least in the in-game options. convenient.

Unplugged my internet. No change.

Quitted the game. Made my PS3 reset.

Restarted the game. Load. "Prologue" - 14 min played. I just lost 2 hours.

I don't want to replay these 2 hours they were f. boring.

Day one DLC, day one patch, day one major bug.

Naughty Dog God 10/10 Citizen Kane A+. Alright.
Sign out/disable network and the game will Autosave

I can confirm this works. Before, my last save was the Slums. Now I'm up to the demo and no issues with saving

Darkkn

Yeah. The autosave bug completely killed my boner for this game. Lost 2-3 hours of progress due it and i don't really want to play that stuff again, since it's quite slow paced etc.

I wish I could get my 70€ back... Maybe i'll give it another shot down the road.

20cent

Banned
Sign out/disable network and the game will Autosave

I can confirm this works. Before, my last save was the Slums. Now I'm up to the demo and no issues with saving

Great, but you can't sign out while playing. And I already lost 2 hours, well I will once I replay it.

I won't touch the gamer until they fix it, nor log off as I don't remember my PSN login/ID, I don't want to perform a Konami code to be able to save, I already have a PC.

Has anyone highlighted how ironic the title of this thread is in relation to the auto saving bug? I just lost about 2 hours due to it which is definitly 'for nothing'. Or is this were the OT title came from?

Razor554

Finished the ride. Took me around 18hours. What a fantastic game, really loved everything about it apart from few glitches and ai issues. Overall superb game and really hope they makes sequel for PS4.

Oh and the OST is awesome!

Only played for an hour and a half or so last night, since I had to work today, but I love what I've played so far. They really don't wait long before they
start hitting you with those feels, do they?

Why is there a percentage meter when loading a save? Seriously, Uncharted had one long load when you started the game, and that was it (though the pre-rendered cutscenes did mask other loading times). Takes fucking forever here.

Vire

So your telling me the press had no issues with the bug? Bullshit.
Considering it has to do with a server overload and not being able to connect to the cloud to save its very possible reviewers did not experience the problem. They obviously undestimated the amount of traffic.

How did the terrible loading times not get exposed in reviews?
Holy crap they're bad. Loading a game from boot takes almost 2mins, maybe more.

It was way better before the 1.01-patch. There wasn't even that percentage meter, it has now. And after I started playing for the first time after the patch I couldn't save manually, because it said I should wait until autosaving is done...

Top Bottom