• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The negative impressions HAVE to be either frustrated gamers from the difficulty, or people expecting a straight up shooting game. This game is insanely tense. Not many games play like this. In a time when gamers cry for innovation, ND makes something new and people bitch.

The negative impressions HAVE to be either frustrated gamers from the difficulty, or people expecting a straight up shooting game. This game is insanely tense. Not many games play like this. In a time when gamers cry for innovation, ND makes something new and people bitch.

Or different opinions...

20cent

Banned
the cloud

The power of the cloud.

I have something like 200GB on my PS3, why do I need to save 120KB in the clouds?

They obviously undestimated the amount of traffic.

Lol. Typical. Diablo 3, Sim City 5, Last of Us. So weird that so many people play these minor independent games on the release week. Totally unpredictable.

Vire

The power of the cloud.

I have something like 200GB on my PS3, why do I need to save 120KB in the clouds?

Lol. Typical. Diablo 3, Sim City 5, Last of Us. So weird that so many people play these minor independent games on the release week. Totally unpredictable.
I'm not saying its acceptable, I'm just saying it was absolutely within the realm of possibility that reviewers didn't experience the problem.

Thankfully you can play the game offline without issues unlike the other titles you listed.

bmuir3uccaaepugzhrd4.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1gc9d3/psa_before_you_play_the_last_of_us_read_this/

There is a glitch screwing up everyone's game at the moment. The game uses an autosave feature but for some reason the autosave task doesn't finish. The game will stop recording any of your progress once the glitch decides to randomly kick in

I hope this isn't true. I played over 2 hours after I saw that line in the menu..

20cent

Banned
I'm not saying its acceptable, I'm just saying it was absolutely within the realm of possibility that reviewers didn't experience the problem.

Thankfully you can play the game offline without issues unlike the other titles you listed.

yeah I know, I just have to express how pissed I am ;)

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1gc9d3/psa_before_you_play_the_last_of_us_read_this/

I hope this isn't true. I played over 2 hours after I saw that line in the menu..

just look one page back, exactly had the same issue, you also lost your 2 hours!

Got passed the Capitol building and went all the way back to when I met Ellie. My heart...

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed what I played. Once the clickers get involved it gets pretty tense, especially when I was shivless. People don't seem to like the gun sway which I think is pretty neat tonally. It'd be awful if I could get headshots on a whim like every other shootman game. The stealth options are far more interesting to me. It almost seems mandatory when there are clickers around to avoid making any noise.

Once I work up the strength to get back to where I was I think I'll be in for a good time. Until that point I'm going to hate myself.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
A friend of mine just told me on FB, that he lost over 4 hours of progress because of that. Hopefully they'll release another patch today, as I'm not going to start the game before that's fixed.
Sounds like all you have to do is disconnect from PSN first, then play. Glitch doesn't happen then.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Its very rare I ask a question like this....

I was going to pick up The Last of Us, but I always wanted Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I only can afford one.

Any suggestions?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
How much does it last more or less?

I'm 1.5 hours in and the percentage is
20%

So I'm a bit curious... I read it should be around 12-15 hours (I hope it's true).

spannicus

Omg playing the game with my headphones damn just started and im already feeling this game. Thanks Gaf for saving me some play time as well.

DukeBobby

Holy shit, I hope I don't get hit by that autosave bug. Damn, sorry to those who did get hit by it.

On a more positive note, the game is fantastic. Been playing for 4 and a half hours, and I'm at 35%. The game has really opened up a lot more now.

EDIT: Actually, I'm at 31%. That's even better.

Vire

Holy shit, I hope I don't get hit by that autosave bug. Damn, sorry to those who did get hit by it.

On a more positive note, the game is fantastic. Been playing for 4 and a half hours, and I'm at 35%. The game has really opened up a lot more now.

Play offline.

You'll be safe.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Good to know. :D

Do you have to grab someone to shiv them?

Or can you just do a shiv stealth kill without grabbing? Or rush in and shiv an enemy like in multiplayer trailer?

Is the consensus among people playing on Hard to turn off Listen Mode as well

The challenge is not getting overwhelmed I've found. Knowing where enemies are within 15ft only saves you from having to fidget around corners and shit.

Do you have to grab someone to shiv them?

Or can you just do a shiv stealth kill without grabbing? Or rush in and shiv an enemy like in multiplayer trailer?

Shiv insta-kill is out of a grab

DukeBobby

Despite how much I'm loving the game, I am surprised by the amount of bugs and glitches I've ran into. It's not something I expect from a Naughty Dog game.

zoukka

Is the consensus among people playing on Hard to turn off Listen Mode as well

I haven't used it yet and it seems you can take out dudes just fine this way. It's like MGS without the radar really. You need to sit tight more and look where the enemy paths are and then just grab 'em.

Rom1944

So playing offline fix the glitch? im not playing anymore online then man what a bummer i lost progress and making a stealh run now i will have to kill all infected for revenge!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Worst online multiplayer I've played in recent memory. Atrocious controls and angles, bullet sponge enemies, clunky menu; just fucking terrible.

dan2026

Ugh I don't think I can finish this game.

The framerate issues are giving me a headache.
The game seems to drop to 20fps at any random moment, even when not in combat.

Is my PS3 dying, no game with reviews as good as this one can have such a crap framerate.

Wow that was weird. At the start of the game
in Joels daughters room
I look at the wall and there is a picture of my teacher on it (he works at ND). He's like the only guy picture there too, tripped me out. Haha

That intro is incredible

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Damn Ellie is so adorable. Also the human AI is hilariously bad, are they blind or something? The clickers/runners tend to spot you fast, though.

Is my PS3 dying, no game with reviews as good as this one can have such a crap framerate.
The game is demanding. Its almost like the PS3 is struggling to run it.

DukeBobby

Damn Ellie is so adorable. Also the human AI is hilariously bad, are they blind or something? The clickers/runners tend to spot you fast, though.

For me, the human AI is just wildly unpredictable. When I throw a bottle or brick, half the time they ignore it completely and start walking in my direction instead.

I guess it's more 'human-like' than most games. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Noticed the game supports forcing 1080p in the XMB. Anyone else playing it like that?

Not sure if I should continue it in 1080p mode or just use 720p(like desired probably)?

Only just started it.

EDIT: What's the option 'show tags popup' do? does it show stuff (ammo?) you pickup on the hud or something?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
For me, the human AI is just wildly unpredictable. When I throw a bottle or brick, half the time they ignore it completely and start walking in my direction instead.

I guess it's more 'human-like' than most games. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Yeah, they do random things. Some people will like it since they're not predictable and boring.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I must say I'm a little scared to pop this in my 80gig fatty D:

Top Bottom