• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Hmmm so the weapons are paid again, eh? That's disappointing.

If it means the maps are free though, it's hard to complain TOO much. Still, with all that cosmetic DLC it would be nice if weapons & maps were both free.

psychotron

FINALLY... Firefly Journey done! Now I just need to complete the hunter journey and I will have 100% for the entire remastered version of this game and the platinum trophy.

Glorious!

What isn't so glorious is that I heard my first N-word drop (on PS4) from someone in the last game I played of this journey.

In the middle of my Hunter Journey, but I'm getting really nervous about having my progress wiped out by a 100% challenge. Really sucks that it can happen like that. I would have appreciated if you didn't lose everything, but just progressed a lot slower. I'll be upset if I get to the last week and lose everyone because I couldn't down enough people with some off the wall weapon that I never use. These two trophies are all I need for dat platinum goodness.

In the middle of my Hunter Journey, but I'm getting really nervous about having my progress wiped out by a 100% challenge. Really sucks that it can happen like that. I would have appreciated if you didn't lose everything, but just progressed a lot slower. I'll be upset if I get to the last week and lose everyone because I couldn't down enough people with some off the wall weapon that I never use. These two trophies are all I need for dat platinum goodness.

Just go with the healing challenge, its ridiculously easy. You can easily get all 3 tiers done in one match, even the 3rd+ time selecting that mission

Something really weird just happened on Interrogation mode.

The enemy opened our safe all the way, but the match didn't end, the time timer just carried on going, with a constant beeping sound. Then, someone on my team opened their safe all the way.....and we won.

Lol. Not sure wth happened, but I'm guessing those guys were pretty pissed off.

I can select the same one multiple times? I thought they disappeared when you picked them.

Nope, they just increase the amount you need for each tier. You can do the same one over and over if you want but it will increase each time you pick it. For example, downs start at 3, 6, 9 the first time you do it. The next time is something like 6, 12, 15 (might not be exactly correct but you get the point).

rbanke

Something really weird just happened on Interrogation mode.

The enemy opened our safe all the way, but the match didn't end, the time timer just carried on going, with a constant beeping sound. Then, someone on my team opened their safe all the way.....and we won.

Lol. Not sure wth happened, but I'm guessing those guys were pretty pissed off.

I had two weird matches last night.

First there was what looked like a player frozen mid shot but you couldn't interact with it at all, just standing in this hallway in an action pose. Was funny because both teams kept shooting at it during the entire match thinking it was the enemy.

Second, on Bills town, I tracked an enemy into the bar and when I entered he was gone, I looked everywhere and then he appeared in front of me and shived me, like actually appeared from thin air right in front of me, scared the shit out of me lol.

I use hunting rifle 99% of the time. That buff sounds insane. I need to play to see if its op now.

Edit: Apparently PS4 version was always like that? I play Hunting Rifle 99% of the time in PS3 AND PS4. I never really noticed a difference in power. But I guess when its a 2 shot down either way, it will feel similar.

I did however notice the headshot marker immediately on PS4. I was very glad that fixed that.

Yea that's what we usually play in a group of 4.... a lot of the time we have to start intentionally losing rounds though (after killing everyone except one person on their team) just because we aren't going to get enough supplies. The worst is when the enemy team doesn't have 4 people.

Yeah, being penalized for playing so well is really stupid. I think that's the most annoying part of the whole thing. That and when people quit and then you can't earn enough because there aren't enough opponents.

I had two weird matches last night.

First there was what looked like a player frozen mid shot but you couldn't interact with it at all, just standing in this hallway in an action pose. Was funny because both teams kept shooting at it during the entire match thinking it was the enemy.

Second, on Bills town, I tracked an enemy into the bar and when I entered he was gone, I looked everywhere and then he appeared in front of me and shived me, like actually appeared from thin air right in front of me, scared the shit out of me lol.

I also had an invisible guy down me with a wooden plank while I was cracking the enemy safe. There were no people around me who were visible. Those are the only times weird things like that have happened to me while playing this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They seriously buffed the hunting rifle?

lol

Hey, ND... how about put a non-scoped version of the HR on the store if we're in full-on crazy mode.

Looks like they nerfed the aim assist for hunting rifle, which means for the most part some of the people will have a harder time with the track shots.

However, I always thought the HR did 70 damage, as a single shot with a revolver downed someone after a body shot with the HR? (35 damage for body shot revolver)

EDIT: Nvm, it's for second level zoom, which nobody ever uses.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I want an option to turn aim assist off completely, it's such annoying garbage.

Tried out the variable rifle, and it is pretty damn awesome. It's basically a scoped enforcer. I'm generally not to good with getting headshots consistently, but I found them to be very easy to pull off with the variable rifle.

Hmmm $2.99 for the weapon bundle. I might be part of the problem :/

A weapon bundle with practically almost no redeemable weapons.

Variable is an Enforcer with a scope.
Burst with a scope is a joke.
Full auto with a scope is a joke.
Semi auto with a scope is probably pretty decent.

Remember, you can't third person with the scopes, you're forced into using them.

Except for variable, hence the name

Smidget

Remember, you can't third person with the scopes, you're forced into using them.

Thanks, I plan on trying them out on those classes first and see if I like.

Mentok

Banned
I don't know if I like those new weapons... I can see a semi with the ability to zoom being devastating in MP.

EDIT: Upon re-reading it seems like you can only zoom in with those...so it may not be that big a deal.

What is everyone's preferred starting weapon? Since the PS3 version I've tended to favor the semi-auto over all of the other primaries due to its versatility. However, the other day I decided to take the burst rifle for a spin and I just ripped the other team to shreds. The full auto can be very good as well, but it definitely seems far more situational than even the burst rifle. Not a fan of the bow as it tends to lose in open confrontation, which is my preferred style of play.

Also, how is the variable rifle? Is it worth getting? Will it become the versatile weapon of choice over the semi-auto? I prefer the revolver over the enforcer just from the short time that I've used the enforcer, but the variable rifle seems like it could seriously be good since it will have the capability to be dangerous up close and at far distances, thanks to the scope. Interested to see how often it will show up in play now.

I've bought them all. Here's my initial impressions.

Variable is strong. Having the option between scope/no scope is nice. Its fire rate is very fast. It's a toss up between semi and variable though in terms of which is strong for me. Both are pretty equal.

Burst with a scope...I was thinking it was going to be shit, but damn the burst with a scope is no joke. The ability to get accurate headshots with your burst from long range is ridiculous. Only negative I see is that it costs 100 parts more for 1st upgrade and 200 parts more for 2nd upgrade. That means upgrades at 400/800. Still, I honestly prefer scoped burst rifle right now over the regular burst rifle.

Full auto with a scope - Haven't used yet. I will try it out soon and reply with impressions.

Semi-auto is a slower firing scoped in variable rifle right now. It really helps make semi-auto stronger by being able to accurately and quickly land those all important head shots.

i'm probably going to platinum this, and i do enjoy the MP, but some of the teams i've been on are infuriatingly terrible. people quit, people run around and give up their positions, go off on their own and get killed 10 time in a raid match, refuse to revive you for the sake of getting executions in situations where (a) it could wait, and (b) it's a close game and we need to conserve respawns. the past week or so it wasn't too bad, but nearly every match i played today i had a terrible combination of those.

this is why i don't play MP games a lot

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
New Naughty Dog patch, new way to ruin their multiplayer.

Support pre-package class is completely pointless to use now on PS3. GG there Naughty Dog.

And of course the new weapons are pay-for. Basically pay-to-win. GG there, again, Naughty Dog. No wonder the support class can't stand up against 2 shot hunting rifles.

Grinchy

Banned
I just wanted to check out the new scoped weapons so I didn't bother putting a party together. Holy shit this game is not fun without a party. I don't know how anyone can play this alone.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just wanted to check out the new scoped weapons so I didn't bother putting a party together. Holy shit this game is not fun without a party. I don't know how anyone can play this alone.

You can get some pretty good teams, but you can also get the worst teams. It's a crapshoot, really.

Anyone else getting teams that know exactly where you are even if you have covert 3 on? We had two back to back. Seems like there's an exploit, or something.

Superflat

I've only played with randoms :U

I play so sporadically and just play 1-2 matches at a time before going off and doing something else, so planning a long party session isn't something I've been able to do. I also have no proper headset, and I refuse to use that dinky one-ear piece the PS4 came with lol.

My team quality is definitely sporadic as hell but I find that aspect of it to be kinda fun too.

I want an option to turn aim assist off completely, it's such annoying garbage.

The hell?? I've never really noticed aim assist this whole time, somehow. *_*

Man the lag has just been awful tonight. Been having the worst set of matches ever. Lol, is PSN getting attacked again, or is it just a ND server problem?

Dunkers92

I have never played a game where I blow so hot and cold from match to match. Usually I'm just rubbish in multiplayer games lol.

One game I could be truly awful and really struggle to get enough supplies, then in the next against the same people, somehow manage to pull off a really good game. It really baffles me. There is no correlation with being good on certain maps either.

I have never played a game where I blow so hot and cold from match to match. Usually I'm just rubbish in multiplayer games lol.

One game I could be truly awful and really struggle to get enough supplies, then in the next against the same people, somehow manage to pull off a really good game. It really baffles me. There is no correlation with being good on certain maps either.

I seem to play worse when I play Interrogation mode than when I play Supply Raid. Which makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know what it is about that mode, but my aiming just goes to shit, and I end up getting less parts than I do when I play SR.

:S

They probably saw you and were using mics? Or, they had awareness and or strategist 2 equipped.

I'm gonna go with the latter. There's no way they could've seen us in some spots. If some were using mics and coordinating then fine. But for eight times in a row with different parties? I don't buy it, yo.

Mm, going to like that Hunting Rifle damage buff in the PS3 version. Long-range remains the same, but the additional damage makes close-mid usage a little more viable when you can now follow up with two Pistol shots, one Revolver shot, or a Shorty blast from further range. (Enforcer remains two shots) 1 Hunting Rifle + 2 Revolver never made much sense when 3 Revolver would be much quicker and easier to do. Still slower and a bit tricky, but it's more rewarding. Boost to Shorty follow-up range makes it less likely you're gonna get wrecked by a Shotgun on rushing provided you know your ranges. Machete also turns into a one-hit follow-up, so an armored rush won't turn into a disaster against a Shotgun. If you're lucky and they're slow on the draw, you may even pull off an unarmored rush.

Much better than nerfing the Shotgun. Unlike all the other weapons, it would practically ignore life disadvantage and destroy a fully armored and healthy player in two very quick shots. Now, if hit by a Hunting Rifle, Shotgun users actually stand a chance of dying.

Note: Shorty + Hunting Rifle + Machete is my favourite loadout, so I might be a little...estatic about this. :p

Full loadout (13-point)

Shorty
Hunting Rifle
-------
Hawk-eyed 2
Brawler 2
Marathon Runner 1
-------
Machete

Top Bottom