• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I come across matches where everyone on the other side must be crafting wizards because they'd be stocked as all hell on bombs and molotovs early in the match.

Yeah, I have no idea how, though. I takes me at least a few minutes to get one of each, but those fucks had a near-limitless supply. I was dodging bombs and molotovs for the full match. If it wasn't so funny, I think I might have quit the game and never returned. lol

If I get put into another party, but am still in party chat with my friends, I never give tips-- unless my friend is last man standing.

Gray Matter

Yeah, I have no idea how, though. I takes me at least a few minutes to get one of each, but those fucks had a near-limitless supply. I was dodging bombs and molotovs for the full match. If it wasn't so funny, I think I might have quit the game and never returned. lol

It's called crafter. It let's you gift items to your teammates.

Superflat

I know about that, but it doesnt explain how the team has three bombs a few minutes into the match.

Could just come down to luck where most of the team have Crafter 3 equipped and they all were rewarded with high-damage gifts. I love gifting as a crafter because I often play with people better than me, so arming them with items helps considerably.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay, important question : is Covert Training 2 mandatory ? Everybody I played with on vocal was making it a non-arguable perk.

I get the point that this is a slow and tactic game and that not revealing your position while conserving the ability to move is a pretty huge big deal.

But I'm also seing a lot of good players on the web just ignoring CT2 and wrecking stuff. I just can't figure out how to reconcile both and give CT2 its proper value.

On a side note : What's the app for the Playstation messaging ?

Depends. I don't use it in any of my loadouts unless I have specifically rolled the shiv-troll class or specifically silenced class. 4 points? Fuck that. Stop moving, they can't see you. I bait so many people into my shotgun lately. Sprint in a circle for a second, crouch behind thing, be still as stone, and kill the guy(s) coming to investigate... it's especially satisfying when you pop him while he is creep-walking in LM.

I'll take first aid 2 or crafter 2 all day before spending four on covert. I'll take agility 2 all day over covert. (even though I've stopped using this in favor of other options) Hell, even fortitude 2 is better than covert. Imo. Just because at some point, you have to fight the other team head on. Using anything that chews up ammo? Scavenger 2 takes a huge dump on covert. Don;t have to pick up ammo and parts off the ground and you can keep the mag full all round.

My current go-to class is enforcer, crafter 2, first aid 2, reviver and a shotgun. I'm more helpful to my team throughout the match than a flanker and the fully loaded shotgun gets it done when shit hits the fan.

But like I was saying earlier TLoU gives you options. Stealth is very advantageous, but you can get it done just jogging around killing people if you're good enough. Play how you want and find a team you gel with. Teamwork and communication is probably more important than anything else in the game. Stealth, whatever... if you have four guys working well together that's the most important thing.

Mentok

Banned
Depends. I don't use it in any of my loadouts unless I have specifically rolled the shiv-troll class or specifically silenced class. 4 points? Fuck that. Stop moving, they can't see you. I bait so many people into my shotgun lately. Sprint in a circle for a second, crouch behind thing, be still as stone, and kill the guy(s) coming to investigate... it's especially satisfying when you pop him while he is creep-walking in LM.

I'll take first aid 2 or crafter 2 all day before spending four on covert. I'll take agility 2 all day over covert. (even though I've stopped using this in favor of other options) Hell, even fortitude 2 is better than covert. Imo. Just because at some point, you have to fight the other team head on. Using anything that chews up ammo? Scavenger 2 takes a huge dump on covert. Don;t have to pick up ammo and parts off the ground and you can keep the mag full all round.

My current go-to class is enforcer, crafter 2, first aid 2, reviver and a shotgun. I'm more helpful to my team throughout the match than a flanker and the fully loaded shotgun gets it done when shit hits the fan.

But like I was saying earlier TLoU gives you options. Stealth is very advantageous, but you can get it done just jogging around killing people if you're good enough. Play how you want and find a team you gel with. Teamwork and communication is probably more important than anything else in the game. Stealth, whatever... if you have four guys working well together that's the most important thing.

Lol have the exact same class except I use a revolver. Yeah I agree with not using covert 2. Especially if you're not using a silenced weapon. Admittedly I used Covert 2 for a while, but changed it for sharpshooter.

Mentok

Banned
I can't live without Covert 3. I tried Covert 2 and it just wasn't the same.

See that's when covert is worth it IMO (unless you're using a bow, in which case covert 2 is fine) because you can't get tagged. If you want to stealth with covert 2 using a gun, you'll probably silence the gun, etc ... it's a lot of points!

foxdvd

I am sure it has been said before, but does anyone else wish for some sort of hardcore mode in mp?

No friendly or enemy name tags. You need to see the difference of the enemy by the way they are dressed, and by keeping up with your team's locations.

Friendly fire. (I know some will balk at this one)

Your bombs that are set as traps arm themselves 5 seconds after you place them...and then you or your team can set them off just as easy as the enemy...so you have to remember where you placed your bombs. (they will still go off right away without being armed for enemies for those that like to drop them and run when people are chasing them)

Not as important, but no health bar like in grounded mode would also be sweet.

Gray Matter

I am sure it has been said before, but does anyone else wish for some sort of hardcore mode in mp?

No friendly or enemy name tags. You need to see the difference of the enemy by the way they are dressed, and by keeping up with your team's locations.

Your bombs that are set as traps arm themselves 5 seconds after you place them...and then you or your team can set them off just as easy as the enemy...so you have to remember where you placed your bombs. (they will still go off right away without being armed for enemies for those that like to drop them and run when people are chasing them)

All of the above would turn me away from this in a heartbeat.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

Wouldn't mind this at all, doubt I would play it, but would be cool.

It would be nice to have more modes, but I would rather have a horde mode than hardcore. Balking at that friendly fire though. Guess it wouldn't be to bad since it's a slower paced game, but the potential to troll...

What about a mode with a single clicker running around trolling both teams? ;)

That would be annoying and take away from how competitive/focused the MP is.

I also can't see why people would want a hardcore mode. If anything, I would like to see ND give us a Labs playlist like in Uncharted to maybe try once a week or something.

Pistols only, no armour, higher supply lives, etc. Game probably doesn't have the variety to do that like they did in Uncharted, but that's the only way I'd think a hardcore mode is acceptable.

It really just comes down to not wanting to fracture the pools over and over again.

It can be fun making custom rules with a bunch of your friends on private matches though.

Okay, important question : is Covert Training 2 mandatory ? Everybody I played with on vocal was making it a non-arguable perk.

I get the point that this is a slow and tactic game and that not revealing your position while conserving the ability to move is a pretty huge big deal.

But I'm also seing a lot of good players on the web just ignoring CT2 and wrecking stuff. I just can't figure out how to reconcile both and give CT2 its proper value.

On a side note : What's the app for the Playstation messaging ?

I think it's very helpful for Interrogation mode (and any mode in general, but Interrogation mode the most). As I said in a previous post, I managed to crouch-walk around the entire enemy team and crack their safe (which wasn't cracked at all before I started).

Agility and Covert training are awesome perks. Agility, CT and the bow? Ultimate flanking stealth master of doom.

WITHE1982

Unlocked my skull mask again on Saturday and completed both 12 week runs (hunter and firefly).

For anyone having any difficulty in maintaining a high clan number for 12 weeks I switched over to this load-out:

Enforcer
No large fire-arm
crafter 3
First aid training 3

Just stick with your team healing whenever you can. Always be crafting and gifting and before you know if you'll be averaging 6000 points every match.

Now I can start to just play for the hell of it without worrying about my clan at all. Time for me to try out some new weapons/tactics.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I guarantee you this, if Naughty Dog don't do something about that Bow, this game will be dead online next month.

iRxfqbEResJnU.gif

KPunk

I seriously need to buy this game again, I absolutely loved everything about this game. I put so much time into the multiplayer. Reading all of these posts makes me jealous.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I wanted to ask about being marked.
With the Strategist 1 perk you get a notification at the bottom of the screen 'NAME has marked you' and a small red symbol above your head.

If you don't have this perk you see neither right? You don't see the red symbol above your head?

Viruz

I guarantee you this, if Naughty Dog don't do something about that Bow, this game will be dead online next month.
I will not go as far as your statement, but I think there's some truth in what you're saying.
Playing against a full bow/stealth team may be funny for them but it's not funny at all for me. This game needs a NO BOW mode. It's too powerfull.
edit: these type of games are always "static", nobody moves, no fun at all. Maybe it's because I'm not an expert but there's no fun.

Tekku

Just tried to finish the challenge where you should have 85 population left at the end of the last week. I ended almost every week up until that with an average of 90-95 population but during the last week everything just went to hell. I ended up in games where everyone rushed, didn't revive and just pulled a lot of stupid crap. I also had a lot of bad luck with my aiming and some lag from time to time.

I finished this challenge on PS3 so it pisses me off that I failed it this time. Things like this can really be the worst side of gaming. When you set up a goal, perform really good and then stumble on the finish line. My motivation to play just went to absolute zero.

Moofers

Just tried to finish the challenge where you should have 85 population left at the end of the last week. I ended almost every week up until that with an average of 90-95 population but during the last week everything just went to hell. I ended up in games where everyone rushed, didn't revive and just pulled a lot of stupid crap. I also had a lot of bad luck with my aiming and some lag from time to time.

I finished this challenge on PS3 so it pisses me off that I failed it this time. Things like this can really be the worst side of gaming. When you set up a goal, perform really good and then stumble on the finish line. My motivation to play just went to absolute zero.

The problem here is that your success depends on other people's performances to an extent. Trophies that are based around multiplayer goals also have this issue.

Superflat

Downtown and Shipyard are so rarely chosen that I still don't fully understand those maps yet. I think I've played on both those maps 2-3 times total, and I just started my second campaign.

The first time I played Downtown I got like 10 downs somehow. Was really glad I didn't miss the op to get the map-specific trophy lol

moving

Neo Member
Downtown is by far one of the best maps. Really do not get the hate it receives

Has anybody else had issues with clan members dying for absolutely no reason? It's always on the mission that ends on Week 10 Day 3. I've had all my clan members die on me despite completing Level 3 of the Healing mission twice now. I don't care about the icon/dots next to my name, but it's making the trophy super difficult to get as I lose a weeks worth of progress at a time.

Really no idea why it has done it twice.

TyrantII

The only map I'm not a fan of is bookstore.

Blocked off sections and dead ends are poor map design. Plus there's some very, very long lines of sight that just encourage camping and sniping. There's just no flow to that map.

Top Bottom